Buy PES Instead

Comments

• Pieman25
    16353 posts World Class
    NathW90 wrote: »
    Toonleew wrote: »
    To be fair playing beta 20 and pro evo 20 demo all week. The latter is miles ahead on gameplay. Unfortunately still will be let down on content.

Honestly don't see how anyone can argue that PES gameplay isn't better. Almost everything about it is more realistic and more natural. FIFA is designed for 12 year olds who love spamming 5 star skills and playing at 100mph, not fans of actual football.

Master League looks excellent this year, and a few tweaks to MyClub and that'll be great too.

Because it's subjective and neither answer is factually correct. Saying that PES is clunky and lacks any excitement imo, if you're looking everyone to agree with your personal opinion that'll be a tough ask.
  • OfficerJimlahey
    1787 posts Play-Off Hero
    I’ve hated this fifa and am an old PES head at heart but it’s still not quite good enough IMO. It’s not far away though. I’ve been playing seasons since deleting my club and ive been enjoying it when the gameplay is good. It’s just ultimate team that is trash.
  • BeardGang
    1313 posts Play-Off Hero
    I’m sorry but for someone (me) who was up for actually getting pes this year. The demo has put me off completely the game is TRASH
  • Anti_Replay
    163 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Buy PES and Play with CPU? Nah thanks. I want interactive gameplay
  • Mutu10gol
    2498 posts Fans' Favourite
    PES is even worse....
  • Invincibility
    3853 posts National Call-Up
    Content on PES is from the 90's
  • Ishibum
    12472 posts Has That Special Something
    Content on PES is from the 90's

The FIFA menus feel like they're from 2010. The PES menus feel like they're from 1996.
  • aliheidari2520
    88 posts Park Captain
    I don't get how people call pes trash, robotic, sluggish player etc ...
    I think most of them have become accustomed with fifa unrealistic gameplay, physic and animations ! and expect pes be like fifa ! not like real football !! (I meant on the pitch, but about server quality and licences and commentary etc I totally understand)
    yes pes has its flaws ... but have you ever seen player movements on fifa ?!! if you call pes player movement robotic, fifa one should be called duck style ! even worst ! they run and pass like they have no bones and they are all made up of cartilage !! ... also ball physic is terrible and it move sometimes like balloon and sometimes like bowling ball !! player body model is awful too with only a few type of body (I think only 3 type !!! and pes has 15 different amount for "each section" of body !! for example from -7 to +7 adjustment for calf ! ) ! just look at Alba and Gabriel ! they are thin in reality !! but here they can beat Hulk in wrestling ! :|

photo-2019-07-08-03-04-48.jpg

and how the right picture movements are robotic and the left movements are natural ??!!!
    I think playing a lot of hour of fifa have made some people conditioned that whatever they see in fifa is benchmark ! and even real football should change its animations ! to make it like fifa !! ... let alone pes animations !

Untitled.jpg
  • Maximus AK47
    1477 posts Play-Off Hero
    That is all.

Well... I hoped for Pes 2020.. expecting any other game to put fifa in competition

Fifa 19 was total disappointing

But

I tried pes 20 demo ... it’s no good . Same game mechanics as in Pes 2019

Best thing about Pes
    - overall pace of the game
    - Better passing and shooting
    - Feel of the ball
    - Freedom to experiment with tactics

Worst parts
    - silly tackling mechanics (very robotic)
    - lack of players runs in attack
    - Very strange dribbling mechanics/ too complicated to perform (so it’s easier not to use them at all)
    - Stupid and outdated / not user friendly menu

So I won’t buy Pes this year before they make real progress with game engine and dribbling mechanics
  • aliheidari2520
    88 posts Park Captain
    That is all.

Well... I hoped for Pes 2020.. expecting any other game to put fifa in competition

Fifa 19 was total disappointing

But

I tried pes 20 demo ... it’s no good . Same game mechanics as in Pes 2019

Best thing about Pes
    - overall pace of the game
    - Better passing and shooting
    - Feel of the ball
    - Freedom to experiment with tactics

Worst parts
    - silly tackling mechanics (very robotic)
    - lack of players runs in attack
    - Very strange dribbling mechanics/ too complicated to perform (so it’s easier not to use them at all)
    - Stupid and outdated / not user friendly menu

So I won’t buy Pes this year before they make real progress with game engine and dribbling mechanics

I had same problem with lack of players runs in attack. just had to adjust tactics with my playing style ...
    personally I don't like passing around when I have space (or at least a chance to play to front) so I had to set offensive style to counter attack, also I decrease player support (and maybe a few other things that I don't remember) ... it solved ! and also you can send your "non under control player" forward via choosing him by R3 while holding L1. it helps in some situations.
  • Dis_Play
    318 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited August 18
    If you are a fifa fan then you need to give a little time to like pes, the demo won't do it for sure, you need time to get adjusted to the visuals and the gameplay.
    As a player who plays both the games specially last 2 years, I will say if you are a fut fan then you will get bored with PES after a month without any content, the content they drop in weekly basis doesn't take more than a day to complete and then you are only playing online which doesn't give any significant reward either, which doesn't feel rewarding, also it's easier to get players, last year within a month I had all the best players in the game including some top icons, so there's no grinding as well.

But gameplay wise after playing FIFA, I would take PES everyday, I haven't ordered any of them this year but if PES drops more content to be engaged with after launch I may go with PES.

Just to tell you the difference of gameplay, in FIFA doesn't matter how much you try to play nice and good football you'll end up exploiting the mechanics, either willingly or by forced by your opponent doing the same.
    Whether in PES there's hardly any exploit in gameplay, you're forced to play football the way it meant to be and you'll get used to it if you give time, but scoring a goal in PES is way more satisfying than FIFA and that you can't even disagree.
  • HishamAyman
    2869 posts National Call-Up
    Only football game im gonna play in 2020 is probably football, both pes and fifa are trash