Manchester United Football Club

Comments

• Couchy
    9505 posts League Winner
    HysxteriA wrote: »
    Couchy wrote: »
    Kellnerr wrote: »
    No love for Beckham? :cry:

Beckham is my favourite player of all time (met him this summer!) but he’s around the 8-12 mark for me, had he not been forced out then no doubt he’d be up there with Giggs and Scholes.
    Pxul_ wrote: »
    Rooney is bare overrated

Oh boy... top goal scorer of all time for the biggest club in England and the national team AND he wasn’t a pure goalscorer. Rooney is one of the most underrated players of all time.

I actually disagree I think he was a true goalscorer. He did anything Fergie ever asked of him for the benefit of the team, he played in all sorts of roles during his time. Had he been used as an out an out striker it bet my house on it he would have had Shearer's record. Immensely underrated.

Yeah what I should’ve said was he wasn’t used as a pure goalscorer. He was that and much, much more hence why he was played in so many positions. Rooney and Ronaldo counter attacks were absolute next level.

Anyone who doesn’t rate Rooney isn’t worth talking to about football.
  • finsfan85
    12417 posts Has That Special Something
    Maybe I’m missing something, but what’s the problem with that? It’s not even him. It’s his brother.
  • forearms
    4816 posts National Call-Up
    wth22 wrote: »
    forearms wrote: »
    Running an experiment. We have a good variety of ages and geographical locations on here.

Rank your top 5 United players of all time, note - not just greatest individual seasons or your favourite player. Talking all time, longevity, trophies etc.

Try doing a top 5 since LvG took over. Outside DDG, that would be a rough list in all honesty.

Herrera/Rashford/Martial/Pogba/Shaw in some order, too hard to call what :lol:

Amazing when you think about it that Jose had issues with 3/5 of that list. I would probably have to agree with your list though.
  • finsfan85
    12417 posts Has That Special Something
    Apollo wrote: »

Don’t really think Moyes can be considered a big name
  • Apollo
    14976 posts World Class
    finsfan85 wrote: »

"About Ole".
  • Keano
    13426 posts Has That Special Something

"About Ole".

Plus the fact Moyes was in charge 2013-2014... the guy just loves to speak about United #ClosetRed
  • Couchy
    9505 posts League Winner
    Keano wrote: »

"About Ole".

Plus the fact Moyes was in charge 2013-2014... the guy just loves to speak about United #ClosetRed

No, that’s @TakeItSlow
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    31892 posts National Team Captain
    edited August 16
    Maybe I’m missing something, but what’s the problem with that? It’s not even him. It’s his brother.

And the media have twisted his brothers words to make it sound worse. But if you watch the interview he actually says that Paul would like to play for Madrid but that if he stays with United, he will be professional and give his all.
  • Couchy
    9505 posts League Winner

And the media have twisted his brothers words to make it sound worse. But if you watch the interview he actually says that Paul would like to play for Madrid but that if he stays with United, he will be professional and give his all.

Can’t wait for 2nd September for all this to stop.

We all know he’s going to Madrid next year as long as they put their hand in their pocket.
  • forearms

We all know he’s going to Madrid next year as long as they put their hand in their pocket.

It wont stop then. The media makes too much off the stories.
  • Couchy
    9505 posts League Winner

You’re not wrong. The United name carries too much weight. Knew it wouldn’t be long until these stories started either 🙄

• Tornado31619
    17006 posts World Class

You’re not wrong. The United name carries too much weight. Knew it wouldn’t be long until these stories started either 🙄

Yeah, that’s bs. It will take longer than a year for the chuckle brothers to get the deal done.
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88
    13360 posts Has That Special Something
    edited August 16

I bet Ed doesn't even know where sancho plays.. Probably doesn't even know what day it is. Couldn't run a bath
  • forearms

Yeah, that’s bs. It will take longer than a year for the chuckle brothers to get the deal done.

LOL.

But you probably arent wrong, unfortunately 🙁
  • Gervonta
    3837 posts National Call-Up
    Apparently it’s between us and city for Sancho.

Can see him choosing us tbh , city can’t guarantee him a starting place and the fact they basically sold him and brought mahrez instead of just giving him the chance in the first place will hopefully still leave a sour taste.
  • Couchy
    9505 posts League Winner
    Gervonta wrote: »
    Apparently it’s between us and city for Sancho.

Can see him choosing us tbh , city can’t guarantee him a starting place and the fact they basically sold him and brought mahrez instead of just giving him the chance in the first place will hopefully still leave a sour taste.

I’ve actually heard he wants to go back. Hoping his relationship with Gomes and the fact he’d start every game might swing it for us.
  • AEsey
    5999 posts Big Money Move
    Jadons exactly the type of rw we need to take us forward, add two, or three midfielders if pogba goes and we will hopefully be a top 3 side
  • Ahmer50x
    18182 posts World Class
    If we can somehow bin off the extra CBs we have, we should sign Tarkowski as cover for Maguire.

Vocal, good in the air, etc

Haven't seen a lot of him against smaller sides so idk how he is with the ball too much but he seems like a BTEC Maguire, which is what we should be looking to have in the squad rather than players with completely different skillsets like Smalling and Jones
  • Wyojasond
    11581 posts Has That Special Something
    Th battle for Sancho next summer could be fun to watch. I think every top English team except maybe Arsenal will be after him. Obviously Liverpool will only make a move if Salah leaves, but I think he could be going to Spain next year.

If that happens Chelsea and Liverpool will both have big war chests to throw money around and challenge the Manchester offers. Any team missing CL football will need to look elsewhere though 🤷‍♂️
  • Ahmer50x
    18182 posts World Class

Rojo and who? Bailly is injured and I can't see Smalling or Jones on the continent :joy:
  • Gervonta
    3837 posts National Call-Up
    Ahmer50x wrote: »

Rojo and who? Bailly is injured and I can't see Smalling or Jones on the continent :joy:

Can’t see anyone on the continent wanting smalling or jones :lol: , we should do a double deal with inter and conte.

Sanchez and jones come as a package.
  • Apollo
    14976 posts World Class
    Ahmer50x wrote: »

No idea on the second, can't see either of them moving there either :joy: Really hope we see at least two players (Darmian and Rojo) gone in the time left, but another CB if somehow we find a club in Europe for Jones or Smalling ( :D ) and Sanchez gone too would be fantastic.
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88
    13360 posts Has That Special Something
    edited August 17
    Fantastic interview, love RVP...