I refuse to play against abusers

Comments

• chevano
    248 posts Sunday League Hero
    alvchong wrote: »
    Yape... i have been dropping from div 3 to 5 due to button delay. I used my PC to ping Fut server and it turn out to be 300ms. i did not border about win or loss, just play the remaining games until September with my colourful cards collections. At this moment, 90+ stats have no impact on the result once the button delay is there.

How did you check that ping? if i may ask?
  • George_Cook_Over60
    270 posts Sunday League Hero
    I’m the opposite. When I play these players it just makes me want to win more.

Me too. I really don't mind losing, but it is a great feeling to beat an opponent who relies of fancy skills rather than actually playing football.
  • greif44
    2365 posts Fans' Favourite
    Orison wrote: »
    Ah imaginary rules.

The tool people use trying to cover up their lack of skill.

It's August ffs. Surely you can accept that you aren't great at Fifa and just move on instead of wasting your time and your opponents' time as well.

yes, unfortunately "skill" in this game is basically nothing but using the imperfections of the mechanics. Which also does not guarantee the success if your connection is not good enough or gameplay is friendlier to your opponent than to you (yeah we've all been there with those deflects, bars/posts, missing sitters etc).
    The thing is, spamming simple skills like la croq, fake shots, dragbacks and ball flicks is not really difficult. There is a category of players that find it miserable though and that would prefer to play a creative game.
  • Orison
    47761 posts FIFA Cover Star
    greif44 wrote: »
    Ah imaginary rules.

It's August ffs. Surely you can accept that you aren't great at Fifa and just move on instead of wasting your time and your opponents' time as well.

yes, unfortunately "skill" in this game is basically nothing but using the imperfections of the mechanics. Which also does not guarantee the success if your connection is not good enough or gameplay is friendlier to your opponent than to you (yeah we've all been there with those deflects, bars/posts, missing sitters etc).
    The thing is, spamming simple skills like la croq, fake shots, dragbacks and ball flicks is not really difficult. There is a category of players that find it miserable though and that would prefer to play a creative game.

You have no idea when to use which skill, where to use them or how to use them against good players.

It's more difficult to use these tools to get wins against good players than to play "good football" down in div 3-5/gold 2 and still moan about losing to average players.
  • Empyrium7
    2763 posts Fans' Favourite
    Ah imaginary rules.

You have no idea when to use which skill, where to use them or how to use them against good players.

It's more difficult to use these tools to get wins against good players than to play "good football" down in div 3-5/gold 2 and still moan about losing to average players.

So in your opinion the skill gap in a football game should be around when,where, which skill move to beat your opponent?
  • lippyone
    1156 posts Professional
    The
    Now that we have nothing to lose, and really little to gain n, I refuse to play against people who spam all the flip ups, la croquettes. Whenever I see this, I just quit the game, and start a new game. Also I'll quit when someone pause before the game.
    I play for fun now, don't want to waste time dealing with these.

I dont quit, I just put the controller down and do something else for half an hour, leaving them to have to wait it out.
  • Orison
    Empyrium7 wrote: »
    Ah imaginary rules.

So in your opinion the skill gap in a football game should be around when,where, which skill move to beat your opponent?

It's fifa. A videogame. If I want to play football I go outside.

Fifa shouldn’t be anywhere near real football. Fifa should offer a fun and skillbased gaming experience and yes skills are a part of that.

Fifa should not provide a wannabe realistic and boring experience just so that some people can fap about all the realism while holding 80% possession trying to copy Pep.
  • greif44
    2365 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited August 16
    Ah imaginary rules.

I'm not sure if a football game should be played in the same way as people play, for example, WoW.

I finished in G1 many times with uncommon formation and players that you'll almost never see in people's squads. Playing just "good football".
    It's not hard to learn to play using all these "tools", many people just refuse to do that. Yeah, imaginary rules.

Also I don't understand people that keep playing to win at all costs when there's literally no rewarding motivation left at this time.
  • oneskyworld
    1025 posts Professional
    Ah imaginary rules.

Fifa shouldn’t be anywhere near real football. Fifa should offer a fun and skillbased gaming experience and yes skills are a part of that.

Fifa should not provide a wannabe realistic and boring experience just so that some people can fap about all the realism while holding 80% possession trying to copy Pep.

you know, this is total BS. People play FIFA not because they like football video game, it's because they like football to begin with. And it's ridiculous you call abusing broken mechanism "skills". The right skill is to know how to read the game, position your players, and do the manual defending, which all of that the game doesn't reward.
    I guess it goes down to what is personal preference then. So really, i you find successful abusing, exploiting fail mechanism fun and enjoyable, by all means do it. And in the meantime, a lot of other people just don't like that, refusing to do it, and just don't feel like playing against type at this stage of the game.
  • Orison
    edited August 16
    Ah imaginary rules.

you know, this is total BS. People play FIFA not because they like football video game, it's because they like football to begin with. And it's ridiculous you call abusing broken mechanism "skills". The right skill is to know how to read the game, position your players, and do the manual defending, which all of that the game doesn't reward.
    I guess it goes down to what is personal preference then. So really, i you find successful abusing, exploiting fail mechanism fun and enjoyable, by all means do it. And in the meantime, a lot of other people just don't like that, refusing to do it, and just don't feel like playing against type at this stage of the game.

Question remains why you are playing FUT with super boosted players and icons then. You signed up for the lack of realism.

Skills are still a major part of what makes fifa fun.

People who are good at the game are better at reading the game, positioning their players and manually defending.
  • Nervous_Nick
    5094 posts Big Money Move
    The shady stuff in the game gets on my nerves more than ppl abusing mechanics.
    I played a WL game today against a guy who scored a lucky rebound goal and shushed and watched full replay. Ok.
    I equalized and it went to ET.
    120 min and i run down the wing and pass the ball to tots cr7, who’s 2 meters in front of the goal....no defenders around him...courtois makes an unreal save with his feet...30 seconds later I make a pass with my CB and the ball goes in an almost opposite direction...right on the feet of neymar who scores.
    I can’t say anything more because i just came back from one month ban....
  • Empyrium7
    Ah imaginary rules.

But the skill gap shouldn't be in skill moves and button combos. This can work in a fighting game or something like that.
    But in a football game. Skill gap should be in decision making in passing, shooting, dribbling, defending.

No one asked for a game where you can achieve%80 possession and can't get the ball back.
  • RileyD
    296 posts Sunday League Hero
    I played a WL game today against a guy who scored a lucky rebound goal and shushed and watched full replay. Ok.
    120 min and i run down the wing and pass the ball to tots cr7, who’s 2 meters in front of the goal....no defenders around him...courtois makes an unreal save with his feet...30 seconds later I make a pass with my CB and the ball goes in an almost opposite direction...right on the feet of neymar who scores.

A bad workman always blames his tools
  • oneskyworld
    1025 posts Professional
    Ah imaginary rules.

Question remains why you are playing FUT with super boosted players and icons then. You signed up for the lack of realism.

Skills are still a major part of what makes fifa fun.

People who are good at the game are better at reading the game, positioning their players and manually defending.

You really need to read what people post and also your own posts before jumping into the discussion.
    who talks about realism? And what do this whole thread has to do with player rating?

Can't really follow your logic.
  • Orison
    Ah imaginary rules.

But the skill gap shouldn't be in skill moves and button combos. This can work in a fighting game or something like that.
    But in a football game. Skill gap should be in decision making in passing, shooting, dribbling, defending.

No one asked for a game where you can achieve%80 possession and can't get the ball back.

I mean you are basically saying that the main skillgap should be in sense of timing and occasion which is exactly what you need to be successful with skillmoves.
  • MelkorAintGood
    219 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    There are three things you can watch forever: fire burning, water falling and Orison defending utterly pathetic ways of playing fifa.
  • Empyrium7
    Ah imaginary rules.

I mean you are basically saying that the main skillgap should be in sense of timing and occasion which is exactly what you need to be successful with skillmoves.

I agree. But my point is the skill gap shouldn't rely on skill moves. The stuff I mentioned are more important
  • oneskyworld
    1025 posts Professional
    Ah imaginary rules.

I think we were talking about chain la Croqueta and flip up passing, i.e. abuse. Not really against using skill moves. Good and right using of skill moves is of course part of the skills.
  • Invincibility
    3447 posts National Call-Up
    Stopped at GOLD 2.. Beyond that level is abuser territory
  • George_Cook_Over60
    270 posts Sunday League Hero

There's nothing you can do about stuff like that. I don't mind losing at all, but when my CB passes the ball in a different direction, giving the ball to my opponent who scores of course, it get's beyond annoying.

I've had a few bans as well, so i'm zipping it.