Everybody's most hated bs tactic to score?

greggles
722 posts Semi-Pro
For me its first time shooting. So broken.

Comments

• Empyrium7
    2762 posts Fans' Favourite
    Same for me.
    Ping pong passing to a first time shot
  • starfox1284
    1550 posts Play-Off Hero
    People that just el tornado cross.....its completely utter BS.
  • Finesse_4days
    6838 posts Big Money Move
    kickoff
  • DarthGrowler
    14199 posts Has That Special Something
    Crocodile
  • TheTormentor07
    1108 posts Professional
    Anything that results in a goal against me, it's all wrong it's not my fault it's the broken game and exploits, I would never concede if this game worked correctly :trollface:
  • Delboy13710
    4723 posts National Call-Up
    Back post lofted cross Telles to Havertz litterally perfected it feels bad at times 😩
  • JohnDoe
    11250 posts Has That Special Something

I've seen it happen hundreds of times IRL (during sleep paralysis episodes).
  • Gnomenclature
    2636 posts Fans' Favourite
    Croqueta to edge of box and short pass for the tap in. Very difficult to defend without conceding pens. It's the ssholes that try it over a dozen times a game that really pisses me off...

Also, when 9 tackles rebound right back everytime and you know they are scoring.
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88
    12959 posts Has That Special Something
    People who take a short corner, then la croqueta all the way into the box and square it for a tap in
  • leon1309
    4187 posts National Call-Up
    edited August 16

This, hate it more then that crocqueta bs to the Edge of the box.
  • GK93
    383 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Anyone who's only plan is give it to Ronaldo and hit it first time, even when 45 yards out on his left with his back to goal near the sideline, because some people have no idea how to actually craft goals
  • Libguy
    4749 posts National Call-Up
    Guys who pass it around the box forever and shield every time you try to take the ball off them drive me crazy. I also don't like the ptb counterattack, run down the wings, cut in and dink it to a guy in the middle.

I'll spam crocodiles like it's level 99 Frogger, so I guess I shouldn't complain.
  • sturges12345
    2981 posts National Call-Up
    Scoop up crosses
  • Ki3r4nM95
    541 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Kick off goals or 45th/90th min goals, always happen and always pure bs.
  • limjitwe
    6737 posts Big Money Move
    greggles wrote: »

Definitely this. I can block 7-8 out of 10. Then it’s the really obnoxious ones from way out that scores eventually. :p
  • RileyD
    296 posts Sunday League Hero
    Libguy wrote: »
    Guys who pass it around the box forever and shield every time you try to take the ball off them drive me crazy. I also don't like the ptb counterattack, run down the wings, cut in and dink it to a guy in the middle.

I'll spam crocodiles like it's level 99 Frogger, so I guess I shouldn't complain.

The first one is what I call Hockey Power Play Goals.

Just pass across the edge of the box constantly and shield everything!
  • greggles
    722 posts Semi-Pro
    i don't think kickoff goals are tactics
  • Rossco160715
    2142 posts Fans' Favourite
    limjitwe wrote: »

Definitely this. I can block 7-8 out of 10. Then it’s the really obnoxious ones from way out that scores eventually. :p

It’s these goals that actually make goalkeeper movement worthwhile. They always aim for the far post. Idiots with zero football knowledge who do not realise that shooting first time whilst facing the opposite direction doesn’t actually work in real life.

Place my keeper where they’re shooting and you can sense the absolute fear from there on.
  • Colt_seevers
    1076 posts Professional
    limjitwe wrote: »

It’s these goals that actually make goalkeeper movement worthwhile. They always aim for the far post. Idiots with zero football knowledge who do not realise that shooting first time whilst facing the opposite direction doesn’t actually work in real life.

Place my keeper where they’re shooting and you can sense the absolute fear from there on.

There’s nothing that’ll make keeper movement worthwhile mate
  • limjitwe
    So you move the GK before he makes the pass?

@Rossco160715
  • Rossco160715
    No mate, I am usually a goal down before I realise they’re going to abuse the first time shot. Sometimes there’s nothing you can do about it but move the keeper to the far post.

When they make the pass look just judge the body position and you can guess they’re going to shoot first time, which most do.

The game is awful though and whilst it’s not a perfect solution (using one mechanic to combat another) - and some will still fly in, however it does significantly minimise the threat.
  • Mmandras
    1773 posts Play-Off Hero
    I got two and they are not first time shot. First is pass to a player from kick off. Second is short corner and dribbling into box (without la croquetta).
  • Recoba
    3584 posts National Call-Up
    R1 cross + green time volley
  • FCBlunt
    1949 posts Fans' Favourite
    Ball bouncing when tackling.

There’s just no way I can save that, like I can with FT, tornado cross and the list goes on.

It’s unfair and kills all enjoyment for me. I utterly hate to both lose and win from a bounce outta our control.
  • limjitwe
    One more is when I manually run to a loose ball, my player is slower no matter who it is.
  • Rossco160715
    Conceding a goal because of the player lock nonsense.

You have 3 defenders closer to the ball however the midfielder with the horrible first touch goes chasing after it like Forrest Gump and the game doesn’t allow you to switch player. By that time the opponent has won the ball and is through on goal.

This was highlighted in Fifa 17, Fifa 18 and now Fifa 19. It will still be an issue in Fifa 20.
  • Mossup
    1007 posts Professional
    Scoop up, juggle, juggle and volley from 30 yards.
    So realistic.
  • Damo_Suzuki
    2053 posts Fans' Favourite
    The first time shots where my defender is right in front of their attacker, i press tackle in anticipation and nothing happens and the shot flies 1 cm past my defenders static leg in to the top corner. At the other end i get auto tackled within a 2 metre radius of their defender.
  • Pocketsquareguy
    4847 posts Big Money Move
    Short corner. 3-4 la croqueta. Shortpass across goal.
  • oneskyworld
    1025 posts Professional
    The first time shots where my defender is right in front of their attacker, i press tackle in anticipation and nothing happens and the shot flies 1 cm past my defenders static leg in to the top corner. At the other end i get auto tackled within a 2 metre radius of their defender.

This actually not the worst. I had many occasions my defender made acrobatic moves just to dodge the ball, so the ball can shot into the net.