Fifa 19 Icon review/price discussion thread

Comments

• Finesse_4days
    7163 posts Big Money Move
    RebelRob wrote: »
    Furrag85 wrote: »
    I need a right cam in my 4231 formation.He could be from any league and for maximum 800k

Havertz

By a mile. Driven lob pass across the pitch to him floating about the outside of the box, and if he catches a volley, it's hard to stop. Absolutely sensational.

Isn’t he slow for a rcam ?

93 acceleration and sprint speed.
    I mean doesn’t he feel slow for a rcam

Not really tbh. He doesn’t feel like best/Mbappe etc, but in a straight line he’s quick enough, strong enough to hold wing backs off and his passing and shooting is quality.

His volleys are top 3 in the game imo.

Anyone with over about 85 volleys can hit them in from about 30 yards with ease if they are green timed, so having 99 volleys only matters if you hit them normally, I'm hoping next Fifa isn't as broken becuase its quite pathetic .
  • Diggy
    13628 posts Has That Special Something
    Furrag85 wrote: »
    I need a right cam in my 4231 formation.He could be from any league and for maximum 800k

Havertz

By a mile. Driven lob pass across the pitch to him floating about the outside of the box, and if he catches a volley, it's hard to stop. Absolutely sensational.

Isn’t he slow for a rcam ?

93 acceleration and sprint speed.
    I mean doesn’t he feel slow for a rcam

Not really tbh. He doesn’t feel like best/Mbappe etc, but in a straight line he’s quick enough, strong enough to hold wing backs off and his passing and shooting is quality.

His volleys are top 3 in the game imo.

Anyone with over about 85 volleys can hit them in from about 30 yards with ease if they are green timed, so having 99 volleys only matters if you hit them normally, I'm hoping next Fifa isn't as broken becuase its quite pathetic .

Your hope is in vain
  • EddieFicio
    21745 posts Club Captain
    It no good
  • futureyears
    1153 posts Professional
    Going to blow all my remaining coins on a PIM Icon and am looking at either Pele, Ronaldinho or Eusebio.

I have Prime Eusebio already from his SBC, so he’s probably the least tempting. Don’t have the primes for either of the other two

Thoughts?

Or should I just buy TOTS Neymar and TOTS Mbappe instead?
  • Finesse_4days
    Going to blow all my remaining coins on a PIM Icon and am looking at either Pele, Ronaldinho or Eusebio.

I have Prime Eusebio already from his SBC, so he’s probably the least tempting. Don’t have the primes for either of the other two

Thoughts?

PIM Pele is a freak used him draft and hes unreal, Diniho is great too but Pele edges it for me.
  • sofyanm
    1990 posts Fans' Favourite

Thoughts?

Ney for sure
    None of them come close to him
  • ccooaattssyy
    7796 posts League Winner
    Rush & Barnes is meh
  • Finesse_4days
    edited August 14
    Prime Lothar to replace Tots NainG ( doubt it would be worth it) or 91 Pele as a CAM to replace PIM Socrates for my final upgrade after rewards tomorrow?
  • Grown93
    3438 posts National Call-Up
    edited August 15
    I would say Pele. Naing is amazing, doubt he is much worse than Lothar.

Post edited by Grown93 on
  • Fleischmichel
    220 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    91 Pele as a CAM to replace PIM Socrates

This sounds like a downgrade to me

• solnasolna08
    1782 posts Play-Off Hero
    50e41a48771c9d714db13fd7538ce730.png
    :*
  • Finesse_4days
    edited August 15

would play right Cam with PIM Cruyff CCam, so I would get more from Cruyff , i have used Soc for over 1000 games and he is good but defo not Elite as he has low balance , average pace for this stage and he also has inconsistent finishing which I hope Pele wouldnt have
  • TimRUFC
    3225 posts National Call-Up
    Base or mid Best guys any notable differences please?
  • Fleischmichel
    220 posts Has Potential To Be Special

would play right Cam with PIM Cruyff CCam, so I would get more from Cruyff , i have used Soc for over 1000 games and he is good but defo not Elite as he has low balance , average pace for this stage and he also has inconsistent finishing which I hope Pele wouldnt have

I understand the pace and balance argument, but still think the hit you take in literally every other aspect is too big. Have you considered a non Icon? Sterling for example is really cheap, an absulte pace merchant and has his custom animations. I did the sbc yesterday and really enjoy him.

• Scutch
    11031 posts Has That Special Something
    What’s Prime Pele’s best position? Because right now I’m thinking it’s left back.

Left back in the f***ing SBC where he should have stayed.
  • GL
    6617 posts Big Money Move
    Scutch wrote: »
    What’s Prime Pele’s best position? Because right now I’m thinking it’s left back.

In seriousness the reserves bench
  • ccooaattssyy
    7796 posts League Winner
    edited August 15
    Any more icon news yet?

Hope its Zambrotta & he has good LB/RB cards.
  • Grown93
    3438 posts National Call-Up
    Almost sniped a PIM Inzaghi for 142k but to slow :D web app is trash :trollface:
  • Sercs
    18648 posts World Class
    50e41a48771c9d714db13fd7538ce730.png
    :*

One is Med high.. other is high Med...
  • Littleland95
    16896 posts Moderator
    Someone is pricefixing Prime Henry. :joy:
  • Finesse_4days

I understand the pace and balance argument, but still think the hit you take in literally every other aspect is too big. Have you considered a non Icon? Sterling for example is really cheap, an absulte pace merchant and has his custom animations. I did the sbc yesterday and really enjoy him.

Decided to keep Socrates, buy Toty Marcelo and start in a 5 ATB change to 4231 and play Sandro LB and Toty Marcelo Cdm next to Goreztka and keep the attack the same. I think Marcelo has the stats to be very good in midfield so it is worth a try.
  • sofyanm
    1990 posts Fans' Favourite
    GL wrote: »

In seriousness the reserves bench
    I almost put him in an icon pack but now it’s not worth it
  • MisterJV
    10773 posts Has That Special Something
    do you guys try out the icons before doing the SBC's ?
  • freakjas
    5911 posts Big Money Move

Striker or on the wing for me.
  • freakjas
    MisterJV wrote: »
    do you guys try out the icons before doing the SBC's ?

Nah lmao.

Especially not during the promo where everything was in packs.
  • Milanista28
    1165 posts Professional
    Navraat wrote: »
    Moments Maradona is such an elite player that I barely see

He's so fun, I put Vieira and Eusebio into him. No ragrets.
  • ccooaattssyy
    7796 posts League Winner
    I guess he isn’t used more due to height & weak foot. Shame.
  • Scutch
    11031 posts Has That Special Something
    Can't believe I'm dropping a 98 rated Icon, but after 10 games, I still don't know what Pele's best position is or what he does well. To the bench he goes. Had to buy Lala to get everyone on full chemistry to start.

final.jpg
  • freakjas
    I guess he isn’t used more due to height & weak foot. Shame.

Probably. But he is the definition of a fun player this fifa.
    He‘s stronger than you think, don‘t think i‘ve ever used his wf properly and he‘s still amazing. So fast on the ball, phenomenal dribbling, amazing shot etc. best card i‘ve used all yea
  • jpsblue
    3938 posts National Call-Up
    Can't believe I'm dropping a 98 rated Icon, but after 10 games, I still don't know what Pele's best position is or what he does well. To the bench he goes. Had to buy Lala to get everyone on full chemistry to start.

final.jpg

genuinely think you're the most indecisive person on this forum mate :D but yeah i get what ya mean

I've sold tots Havertz, gonna try TOTS Son now