Great to get my life back

lippyone
1165 posts Professional
Became so obsessed with FIFA that was skipping gym sessions just to keep grinding. Was running less, and not going out as much.
Finally normality has returned and yesterday went the whole day without even turning on the xbox.

Determined not to let fifa 20 take over my life. Have decided no weekend league for me next season, but will still partake of other modes but not too such an obsessive extent.

Comments

• Darkwing1708
    965 posts Professional
    Thanks for sharing man. Really good to know. See you in a few months!
  • Empyrium7
    2763 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited August 15
    good for you man.
    I'm doing the same next year. Tried FUT for the first time this year and it's addictive and waste your time.
    Post edited by Empyrium7 on
  • hayhor1
    14220 posts Has That Special Something
    I get my workouts from all the maws.
  • Skely
    839 posts Professional
    Good for you brother!!
    It’s a addiction! I was stressing playing games during the weekend, still trying to find time for family and go out with friends. Don’t touch fifa 20 or it will hook you back and it is the same gridding all over for the same cards you have it now.
  • Thanks for sharing man. Really good to know. See you in a few months!

:D :D
  • Antiseen
    1329 posts Professional
    If this game was at least decent, without major problems like AI defending and button delay...

But imagine how dumb we are for spending our priceless hours of our beautiful lifes on this worst trash ever made.

I’m with you guys, I hope I’m not gonna play this trash again.

• Gloria_ou_Morte
    266 posts Sunday League Hero
    I'm also considering skipping next FIFA, 19 was very time consuming, and 20 might be about the same, I'll get back on FIFA on the next PS5 ;)
  • ironawin1
    457 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I mean it is kinda sad to read that everybody's only reason to (not) buy fifa 20 is because FUT is trash. I mean i bought every fifa since ps3. And i totally agree FUT is kinda addicted. And i was addicted until fifa 17. After that, only play casually and enjoyed Pro Clubs etc. And there is Volta next year so there are so many modes other than FUT to not buy the game.
  • JohnDoe
    11254 posts Has That Special Something
    Thanks for sharing man. Really good to know. See you in a few months!

The guy literally said he'd get FIFA 20.
  • lippyone
    1165 posts Professional
    I have already ordered 20 and looking forward to it. Love doing SBCs and trading on the app, so not giving up totally. Just will not play weekend league or grind for squad battle rewards.

This season I worked out can get more money trading than grinding, so why bother with that side of it. Will just play rivals when in the mood and do the weekly challenges when there is a good card on offer
  • BeardGang
    1164 posts Professional
    Im only playing weekend league on Fifa 20 around the same stage as this year when tots is about. I’m gonna enjoy the Fifa street game mode the most next month
  • Mogga
    228 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Imagine a computer game dominating your life :D :D
  • SpiderMonkeybpg
    355 posts Sunday League Hero
    Really how can some say they will play rivals and other modes and grind sbcs & trade but just not play weekend. League? I don’t believe that from playing weekend league was the way I was able to acquire my best players
  • Delboy13710
    4728 posts National Call-Up
    lippyone wrote: »
    Became so obsessed with FIFA that was skipping gym sessions just to keep grinding. Was running less, and not going out as much.
    Finally normality has returned and yesterday went the whole day without even turning on the xbox.

Determined not to let fifa 20 take over my life. Have decided no weekend league for me next season, but will still partake of other modes but not too such an obsessive extent.

Same , haven't played the last 2 weekend leagues stopped with objectives feels good . They sent me Beta but not bothering with that . Around xmas next year I'll most probably play seasons but not Ultimate team it's more addictive then enjoyable
  • Inutiles FC
    368 posts Sunday League Hero
    I going to skip Fifa 20 for sure, this guys knows how to make you play the game even if you dont really like it, I am pretty sure that they already have something that’s going to make play a lot to achieve, Be strong guys
  • Mrmad1980
    116 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Your right rkid frikin grind the first 10 months to get your super team, them boom comes to futties and you can basically get a superior team for next to nothing. So why not just make Fifa a 6 week cycle every year .
  • bberger
    5163 posts Big Money Move
    Skely wrote: »
    Good for you brother!!
    It’s a addiction! I was stressing playing games during the weekend, still trying to find time for family and go out with friends. Don’t touch fifa 20 or it will hook you back and it is the same gridding all over for the same cards you have it now.

This.
  • EekAlaska
    1651 posts Play-Off Hero
    lippyone wrote: »

Just don't buy FIFA20. Will be hard to resist if you really have a problem staying away from it.
  • alvchong
    947 posts Professional
    Skely wrote: »
    Good for you brother!!

totally agreed. can't wait for my addiction to end next month. meanwhile i still addicted at collecting cards...
  • BorussenBernie09
    1401 posts Professional
    Mogga wrote: »
    Imagine a computer game dominating your life :D :D

*Doc Brown Voice* Weheelcome to se future!
  • ViezeDries
    603 posts An Exciting Prospect
    If you're sensitive to addiction you'll find another one. Better be fifa than crack.
  • Invincibility
    3464 posts National Call-Up
    If you're sensitive to addiction you'll find another one. Better be fifa than crack.

Xan + Booze does wonders :D
  • dregana08
    3772 posts National Call-Up
    My 6 pack went down to a 4 pack... Got an 8 pack now.
  • Damo_Suzuki
    2053 posts Fans' Favourite
    Just as a warning...i wasn't going to buy 19 but then last minute decided 'oh I'll just make a Liverpool team and a cheap Serie A squad and play it casually with no grind'. 11 months later and I've grinded every weekend league, all fut swaps and most weekly objective free cards.

I'm done. Its best to just not buy it at all....and I'm not even tempted to touch 20. The whole mode is designed for either spending loads of money or grinding non stop, and its not worth the risk of getting sucked in.
  • Ishibum
    12267 posts Has That Special Something
    Just as a warning...i wasn't going to buy 19 but then last minute decided 'oh I'll just make a Liverpool team and a cheap Serie A squad and play it casually with no grind'. 11 months later and I've grinded every weekend league, all fut swaps and most weekly objective free cards.

I'm done. Its best to just not buy it at all....and I'm not even tempted to touch 20. The whole mode is designed for either spending loads of money or grinding non stop, and its not worth the risk of getting sucked in.

Take away the Liverpool team and you are me.
  • Devers
    7399 posts League Winner

This is exactly me, they suckered me in with icon gerrard and i said a liverpool team and cheap seria A to play casual, here i am playing another weekend league without missing one all year.

Just cant buy 20 for my own sanity.

Plus EA dont deserve our time or respect, absolute ****
  • JohnDoe
    11254 posts Has That Special Something

Xan + Booze does wonders :D

Yeah, I listen to rap music too.