• Ahmer50x
    18301 posts World Class

Captain McTominay reporting for duty <3
  • Sellish
    9202 posts League Winner
    Ahmer50x wrote: »

Pogba
    Ndidi - McTominay

That would be a midfield worth talking about.
  • Ahmer50x
    18301 posts World Class
    Sellish wrote: »

Pogba
    Ndidi - McTominay

That would be a midfield worth talking about.

Too defensive and I prefer Pogba at 8 so he can do those quarterback passes.

Just have to add a real 10 to that mix and then some depth.

Hopefully Angel can make the breakthrough this year
  • Wyojasond
    11630 posts Has That Special Something
    Remember seeing a lot of people mention Ben Yedder in here as a target.

Heading to Monaco as part of a swap with Rony Lopes going the other way.
  • Couchy
    9505 posts League Winner
    edited August 15
    You know how rival fans think Pogba has been trash for us since signing him? Have a look at how many chances he put on a plate playing the DLP role. Imagine his numbers if these easy chances had been converted.

• finsfan85
    12454 posts Has That Special Something
    Don’t think any of the rival fans think Pogba is trash. That was mostly United’s own fans at the end of the season and during the summer.
  • Couchy
    9505 posts League Winner
    finsfan85 wrote: »
    Don’t think any of the rival fans think Pogba is trash. That was mostly United’s own fans at the end of the season and during the summer.

... take a look in the football thread :joy: he got 2 brilliant assists at the weekend and still gets trashed.
  • Ahmer50x
    18301 posts World Class
    Couchy wrote: »

... take a look in the football thread :joy: he got 2 brilliant assists at the weekend and still gets trashed.

He had a poor game by his own standards other than the assists. Struggled with basics at times.
  • Couchy
    9505 posts League Winner

He had a poor game by his own standards other than the assists. Struggled with basics at times.

And here in lies the problem...

Yes he got caught on the ball a few times in the first half (some which were fouls but he got nothing from the ref) but you consider this to be a ‘poor’ game?

• finsfan85
    12454 posts Has That Special Something
    That was just the way the ref decided to call the game. Similar non-calls were happening to both sides, including 2 which happened just before 2 of your goals.
  • Couchy
    9505 posts League Winner
    That was just the way the ref decided to call the game. Similar non-calls were happening to both sides, including 2 which happened just before 2 of your goals.

Not disputing that, merely pointing it out. On another day he would’ve got those calls, literally the only thing he did ‘wrong’ at the weekend.
  • Ahmer50x
    18301 posts World Class
    The pass accuracy and duels numbers are pathetic.

Like I said, great with the spectacular but basics have to improve
  • Ahmer50x
    18301 posts World Class
    Apollo wrote: »

Think there's a fine line there that Rashford is getting awfully close to.

Of course he's right that there should be no racial abuse, period. No ifs, ands, or buts. Glad to see him standing up for a fellow professional.

When he says "we should be celebrating young English talent" though, it almost strikes me as broadening his critique to those who've been critical of Abraham as a footballer thus far. That's not fair IMO

While Abraham is still young, he's 21 with 112 league appearances across the Prem and Championship (ironically exactly the same as Rashford). He's not some kid making his debut. It is entirely fair game to say his finishing has been underwhelming and his general performances unbecoming of a top 6 club's lead striker.
  • Keano
    13434 posts Has That Special Something

Despite the penalty not being great, nobody should be abused like this. Hope those doing it get found & banned/punished.
  • Couchy
    9505 posts League Winner

:joy: so you look at all those stats and summarise that as a poor performance!?

Be interested to see how you thought every other player did at the weekend?
  • forearms
    4829 posts National Call-Up

He really grew into that game. Big jump in productivity in that second half. Looking forward to seeing that midfield develop an improved cohesion with the backline this season. It should only get better.
  • Ahmer50x
    18301 posts World Class

:joy: so you look at all those stats and summarise that as a poor performance!?

Be interested to see how you thought every other player did at the weekend?

de Gea 7: loads of saves, but mostly easy ones. No errors.
    AWB 8: lots of great tackles and some good running. Only flaw was inability to attempt a cross.
    Lindelof 6: nothing wrong, nothing amazing
    Maguire 9: Literally perfect in the air, on the ground, led the team. Passed it out perfectly too.
    Shaw 5: Looked shaky at times. Moved up and down well, No errors but did not shutdown.
    McTominay 6: Didn’t impose himself going forward but good coverage in defense.
    Pogba 7: Generally poor passing, but good work rate and two key assists.

Lingard 6: Good pressing, decent at holding the ball, no real end product
    Pereira: 5: Didn’t impose himself but was a mobile body and puts a good deadball in.

Rashford 7: Too many flicks and tricks early but settled to be more simple. Great finishes.

Martial 7: Provided a central threat and got a poacher’s goal.

Not an agenda against Pogba, just saying he was quite average on balance.
  • Keano

@Ahmer50x

Oh don't mate, we've been slated for stating Mctominay would be a good captain (future) or vice captain due to his great attitude/work ethic by people in the Xbox football thread, apprently we scared one United fan off as he thought that was funny, bless him.
  • Ahmer50x
    18301 posts World Class
    edited August 15
    Keano wrote: »

Ahmer50x

Oh don't mate, we've been slated for stating Mctominay would be a good captain (future) or vice captain due to his great attitude/work ethic by people in the Xbox football thread, apprently we scared one United fan off as he thought that was funny, bless him.

Don't care what the **** in that vile swamp have to say.
  • Keano

Ahmer50x

Don't care what the **** in that vile swamp have to say.

I see someone comes out of hiding since the 4-0 thrashing at the weekend in here & there too, only when United are mentioned :trollface: but yeah, generally it's a bunch of fans that judge a player without watching him, are the majority biased & speak utter nonsense. Which is why I'm glad this threads about.
  • Gervonta
    3873 posts National Call-Up
    Bit off topic but remember when a lot of people thought Zidane was the saviour :lol:

They’ve been so poor this pre season , Rodriguez is now off the market and I’ll think Zidane will end up gone by Christmas tbh, just shows how much of an impact Ronaldo had at Madrid.
  • Ahmer50x
    18301 posts World Class
    Gervonta wrote: »
    Bit off topic but remember when a lot of people thought Zidane was the saviour :lol:

They’ve been so poor this pre season , Rodriguez is now off the market and I’ll think Zidane will end up gone by Christmas tbh, just shows how much of an impact Ronaldo had at Madrid.

A year ago I was calling for Blanc. Really happy with the progress made in the last 12 months personally. Just need more of it.
  • Ahmer50x
    18301 posts World Class
    edited August 15
    "Over the last few years, I’ve always had the feeling there’s been so many players with bad luck concerning injuries. Both Jose [Mourinho] and Louis [van Gaal], maybe even David [Moyes], had to chop and change the back four, especially the centre-backs. Hopefully we can get a settled line-up." -OGS

Injury permitting, hopefully that means 38 Premier League matches without Smalling/Jones/Rojo/Darmian even on the bench.
  • Ahmer50x
    18301 posts World Class

As expected, Wolves playing backups in Europa qualifying given they're 4-0 up.
  • Apollo
    15081 posts World Class
    Just Coady and Moutinho from their main XI, isn't it @Ahmer50x ?
  • Apollo
    15081 posts World Class
    edited August 15

Just had a read of what you meant, @Keano. Wow that thread is normally horrendous at the best of times, but that takes their drivel to a new level :D
  • Ahmer50x
    18301 posts World Class
    Just Coady and Moutinho from their main XI, isn't it @Ahmer50x ?

That's correct. 9 of 11 backups and you'd imagine Coady isn't gonna get too exhausted playing in a back 3.

Weird to play Moutinho given his age now so he may be a bit tired against us but other than that, we'll both have had a full rest.
  • forearms
    4829 posts National Call-Up
    "Over the last few years, I’ve always had the feeling there’s been so many players with bad luck concerning injuries. Both Jose [Mourinho] and Louis [van Gaal], maybe even David [Moyes], had to chop and change the back four, especially the centre-backs. Hopefully we can get a settled line-up." -OGS

Injury permitting, hopefully that means 38 Premier League matches without Smalling/Jones/Rojo/Darmian even on the bench.

IMO, Darmian was decent defensively. He offered nothing offensively while he was here, but he shouldve been playing ahead of Young last season.

I think he needs to be sold, but I also think he was thrown into limbo here undeservedly. I believe he will go on to help out another club.