Gazza icon...

HardysPatch
137 posts Has Potential To Be Special
Make it happen EA

Comments

• Let’s get some more Bundesliga & La Liga Icons before they delve even deeper for PL Icons
  • HardysPatch
    Let’s get some more Bundesliga & La Liga Icons before they delve even deeper for PL Icons

Didnt realise he only played in the premier league
  • Let’s get some more Bundesliga & La Liga Icons before they delve even deeper for PL Icons

It’s where he spent the majority of his prime & where he’s most known. Hardly a household name outside of England tbh.
  • Ishibum
    12263 posts Has That Special Something
    Let’s get some more Bundesliga & La Liga Icons before they delve even deeper for PL Icons

It’s where he spent the majority of his prime & where he’s most known. Hardly a household name outside of England tbh.

Italians may disagree with you.

That said, they need more variety with their icon picks.
  • Eroberto
    1376 posts Professional
    I agree, they should make him an icon. .
  • Ishibum wrote: »

Fair enough, but hopefully we get some more top-tier Icons from other leagues/nationalities before they go into the B-tier PL category
  • Ishibum
    Ishibum wrote: »

Fair enough, but hopefully we get some more top-tier Icons from other leagues/nationalities before they go into the B-tier PL category

Totally agree
  • HardysPatch

Depends how you mean by "most known", hes obviously going to be "most known" in England considering he's English...he's massively known internationally though. His best spells were spent in Italy & Scotland!
  • stevotrueblue
    826 posts Professional
    Do it EA!!!! and give him his own celebration he is also know best for lol.

85a86cde-6631-4532-a3dc-8a3656b0bf1c-original.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Danielb
    899 posts Professional
    Icons i would like to see Zico, Di Stefano and Paolo Rossi.
  • Hibee
    11854 posts Has That Special Something

That's really not true at all. Rangers probably had him in his prime. He was only 25 when he went to Lazio. And he was very much a household name. Was one of the best players at Italia 90.
  • AFC AJAX NR 1
    13066 posts Has That Special Something
    99 addiction
  • Ishibum
    99 addiction

99 fishing rod and 6 pack of beer
  • AFC AJAX NR 1
    13066 posts Has That Special Something

Depends how you mean by "most known", hes obviously going to be "most known" in England considering he's English...he's massively known internationally though. His best spells were spent in Italy & Scotland!

I've never heard a Dutch football supporter mention the name Gazza. I don't think a lot of those pre-mid 90s England icons carry much weight here with the exception of a few.

Not a diss, just saying.
  • bberger
    5163 posts Big Money Move
    Who is "Gazza"? (genuine question)
  • Vixonner
    93 posts Park Captain
    bberger wrote: »

Paul Gascoigne
  • S-Dog
    2382 posts Fans' Favourite
    Need to give him a bag instead of a contract
  • BayernBru
    337 posts Sunday League Hero
    It's a no from me...
  • limjitwe
    6737 posts Big Money Move
    We need more full backs and wingers
  • KING_HENKE
    264 posts Sunday League Hero
    99 wife beating. 100 racism.
  • Primofusion
    382 posts Sunday League Hero
    Don’t forget he performed really well at Italia ‘90 and Euro ‘96 aswell. Deserving of an icon IMO
  • Hibee
    11854 posts Has That Special Something
    edited August 15

I've never heard a Dutch football supporter mention the name Gazza. I don't think a lot of those pre-mid 90s England icons carry much weight here with the exception of a few.

Not a diss, just saying.

In fairness there will be younger English who have no idea who Marco Van Basten is.
  • lukey200
    795 posts Semi-Pro
    gazza is a drunk ! only good for 1 england game !! platini those pleyers are icons -- oh what about bryon robson !! he did a better job than gazza
  • bberger
    Vixonner wrote: »

Paul Gascoigne

Thanks. That name I know, just didn't realize that was his nickname..

Now someone needs to explain why in the world he would deserve an Icon..?

They need to rebrand some if them to "Nostalgia" or "Flashbacks". Scrap that Base/Middle/Prime/PIM bs and give out multiple tiers of historic players / legends and Icons..
  • Bristol_city90
    42 posts Last Pick at the Park
    No chance lol
  • Springveldt
    4512 posts National Call-Up

Paul Gascoigne

They need to rebrand some if them to "Nostalgia" or "Flashbacks". Scrap that Base/Middle/Prime/PIM bs and give out multiple tiers of historic players / legends and Icons..
    He's one of if not the most talented English players ever but is a complete basket case to go with it. From a pure footballing talent point of view he's very deserving of an icon, way more than most of the current English icons anyway.
  • HulkSmashPotato
    284 posts Sunday League Hero
    Ishibum wrote: »
    99 addiction

99 fishing rod and 6 pack of beer

With a sniper chemistry card
  • the_pack_king
    489 posts An Exciting Prospect

Paul Gascoigne

He's one of if not the most talented English players ever but is a complete basket case to go with it. From a pure footballing talent point of view he's very deserving of an icon, way more than most of the current English icons anyway.

At least you speak sense. I am a rangers fan but I'm not going to argue and say larrson for example shouldn't be an icon. Imo he's the best striker I have seen in the spl and understand he's a true celtic legend

As got gazza I agree he is a fruit and nut but can't deny the talent that he had. I would love a gazza icon card personally but I doubt it going to happen anytime soon if it ever does :(
  • bberger

Paul Gascoigne

As I said I know who he is and I watched him play. Just wasn't familiar with the nickname.

He was talented, no doubt. But imho his potential never fully expanded.

But as you said: there are some other really questionable choices to be called an "Icon" or "Legend", hence my desire to rename them, scrap the Icon tiers and introduce more variety.

Imho there is no need for 4 versions of Ronaldinho.. currently there is: too young, PIM, too old and too drunk.
    The only one that should exist is the PIM version and maybe, just maybe the "too drunk" version if you want am affordablen end of career version..
    but then again one of the Robert Carlos versions should be that CDM from his turkish/russian league times..
  • Robbo_86
    204 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I think he deserves an Icon, true character of the game plus... after seeing a documentary which he did. I think he is only ever player to get Man Of The Match when p****d out his head an not even remember playing the game, true fact. That was in his Everton days. Walter Smith threatened to kill him if he turned up intoxicated again 😂😂