Why does the pitch in PES 20 seem longer than in FIFA?

Massito2727
72 posts Park Captain
It's way better

Comments

• Empyrium7
    2763 posts Fans' Favourite
    agreed.
    the pitch feels way smaller in FIFA than PES and irl.
  • Massito2727
    72 posts Park Captain
    Empyrium7 wrote: »
    agreed.
    the pitch feels way smaller in FIFA than PES and irl.

Y/triangle from the fullback and you're in front of the opponent goalkeeper :D
  • The player models seem a lot larger in fifa than in pes, just my take on it though.
  • Peanut2000
    512 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Always thought they should be different pitch sizes in fifa.
  • bberger
    5163 posts Big Money Move
    edited August 15
    Peanut2000 wrote: »

There actually are different pitch sizes I think.
  • Peanut2000
    512 posts An Exciting Prospect
    bberger wrote: »

Really? Or just different camera angles to make it look like different size
  • Pocketsquareguy
    4854 posts Big Money Move
    This has long been a gripe of mine with fifa vs PES. Everything in fifa is so congested. There is no spacing. PES actually has a realistic pitch:player size ratio.
  • bberger
    5163 posts Big Money Move
    bberger wrote: »

Really? Or just different camera angles to make it look like different size

I think there was an official list with pitch sizes a few years back (14 or 15 I believe..?)
  • BLaZiNgSPEED
    404 posts Sunday League Hero
    Yes, actually this has always been the issue with FIFA, it is not a placebo effect. Even from the PS2 era, I remember PES 5, 6 always having larger pitch size compared to FIFA 06, 07. The same is the case for the PS3, PS4 versions and of-course the PC ports.

EA have never addressed the sizes of their football pitch. What they have done in essence is redesign new stadiums and graphics under the same size template which they reused all these years.

It has been asked many times, but it seems like a tough ask because EA need to rebuild a whole pitch from scratch! I'm not sure if it is possible to resize the existing pitch. But even then, it needs some work so that you can design proper size goal nets, corner flags, stadium size, etc to be in complete harmony with the enlargement of the pitch.
  • Jboom98
    101 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    So what about Anfield and the emirates if there are in both games the pitches will still be different sizes ? I prefer the bigger spacious Pes pitches though the goalkeepers look bigger in FIFA.
  • Gameplay speed
  • BLaZiNgSPEED
    404 posts Sunday League Hero
    Gameplay speed
    I guess you're right. Perhaps the gameplay speed also contributes to that illusion of a larger pitch. In PES gameplay speed has always traditionally been slower than FIFA.

Slower gameplay speed means it takes longer for players to travel from one pitch to the other. FIFA gameplay being faster means the players reach one side of the pitch to the other in no time making it look smaller.

Although I still do feel the PES pitch is a little bit longer, but the slower speed also contributes to that placebo effect.