So Streamers are given better odds

Comments

• Springveldt
    4512 posts National Call-Up
    Orison wrote: »
    You can go into the store and check out your odds on promo packs compared with everyone else and oh wonder they are the same.

And before people say "but you can't see odds on sbc/untradeable packs", people assume that odds change based on money spent so this gotta be about promo packs or normal packs that you buy.

As I said people are just stupid and love their conspiracy theories way too much.
    So who is regulating pack openings to make sure they are accurate?
  • Orison
    47732 posts FIFA Cover Star
    edited August 14
    You can go into the store and check out your odds on promo packs compared with everyone else and oh wonder they are the same.

And before people say "but you can't see odds on sbc/untradeable packs", people assume that odds change based on money spent so this gotta be about promo packs or normal packs that you buy.

As I said people are just stupid and love their conspiracy theories way too much.

Why shouldn’t they be accurate?

Ea has to show the odds and so they show the bare minimum. That's the way to get around these regulations, the way around it is not to just lie about the odds.

No company with a legal department would do that, way too easy to get into loads of trouble when the easier and legal way around it is to just not show too much.
  • bberger
    5163 posts Big Money Move
    Pretty sure @Futfanatic has a rigged account too :joy:
  • Jpo41
    795 posts Semi-Pro
    edited August 14

Ea has to show the odds and so they show the bare minimum. That's the way to get around these regulations, the way around it is not to just lie about the odds.

No company with a legal department would do that, way too easy to get into loads of trouble when the easier and legal way around it is to just not show too much.

It is not illegal to turn up and down drop rates. (At least not here in the US.). No one is regulating it or no laws against it. It is another case of technology being ahead of our legal system

So why would they do it? The same reason why anyone does anything because they can make more money by doing it.
  • Mutu10gol
    2477 posts Fans' Favourite
    maksi wrote: »
    Toonleew wrote: »
    They also increase odds and lower odds depending on how big a spender you are and by how long it is since you have been on the game.
    i'm est. 2011 and no icon this year and i probably opened more than thousand packs

unreal
  • Eroberto
    1376 posts Professional
    The sad thing is that even if they finally come clean and admit that people like Castro are either paid by EA to open packs or are given better odds, people will still keep playing this horrible game and paying EA for fifa points because it’s part of the addictive behavior that draws addicts to FUT.
  • Orison
    edited August 15
    Jpo41 wrote: »

It is not illegal to turn up and down drop rates. (At least not here in the US.). No one is regulating it or no laws against it. It is another case of technology being ahead of our legal system

So why would they do it? The same reason why anyone does anything because they can make more money by doing it.

How do they make more money? People are buying fp anyways, the odds don't matter to them :joy:

Nobody sits there "oh the odds increased from less than 1% to 1.1% lemme load up 12k fp".

And if you ever watched a streamer you would know that they go through houndreds of thousands of fp. Good luck telling them about increased odds while they spends thousands for one just a few special cards.
  • DanValletta
    1528 posts Play-Off Hero
    EekAlaska wrote: »
    Grezzerk wrote: »
    cdbuck26 wrote: »
    They also increase odds and lower odds depending on how big a spender you are and by how long it is since you have been on the game.

What a load of rubbish.. do you really think ea has some guy monitoring every single guys account and what there spending!? Oh James has just hit the £500 mark let’s send an mbappe his way in the next pack..

If they did it would be a code or program running it, not manual monitoring :lol:

What a load of rubbish.. do you really think ea has some guy monitoring every single guys account and what there spending!? Oh James has just hit the £500 mark let’s send an mbappe his way in the next pack..

I’d imagine it’s algorithm based like everything these days

The more you spend the more likely you are going to pack someone. There’s no hidden coding on who spends more gets better drop rates it’s simply who ever spends more obviously has more opportunities at packing someone.

Not true. Seen plenty of ppl who don't open many packs get Icon after Icon and loads of expensive/high rated cards. Over the years I have spent thousands and my pack luck throughout the year is horrible. They know I will keep spending to get that next player so why should they make my packweight high? That would just allown me to spend less. One of the main reasons I am quitting FIFA

On the contrary to that. I don't spend and my pack luck is abysmal. My friend who does spend gets icons worth 1.5m and neymar from his tots untradeable SBC.

In all the years I've played the most valuable player I have packed is nif xavi. 150k
  • Danielb
    899 posts Professional

I have bought one pack in my life in fifa 16 yet i consider myself lucky when opening packs. This year especially.
  • alex1987
    5483 posts Big Money Move
    They don't. They open a thousandfold packs compared to the regular player.
  • Of course content creators get improved pack odds.

Of course the more you play/spend the worse your pack odds are.

Way too many people on here with no business acumen or marketing knowledge giving uninformed opinions as facts.

EA have so many ways of manipulating packs that it's funny and because it's not gambeling, they can.

Data is collected on EVERY fut player and used to specifically tailor that persons fut experience.

Believe me, big companies do much much MUUUUUCH darker things in the name of profit.

• Futfanatic
    12561 posts Has That Special Something
    Prominent forum members too fyi
  • PirateW
    128 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Mutu10gol wrote: »
    i'm est. 2011 and no icon this year and i probably opened more than thousand packs

unreal
    Mutu10gol wrote: »

unreal
    I’m also est. 2011 and know I’ve opened over 1000 packs this year (done most league sbc’s at least once plus squad battles/rivals rewards plus every marquee matchup plus pretty much every time limited sbc which gets pack rewards) and I’ve not packed an icon.
    I’ve also not done an icon sbc in 19 as I don’t like icons in the game, but I’d still like to pack one to sell!

Since the first FUT, I’ve only packed 2 icons (Legend Ljungberg years ago and 85 Rio Ferdinand last year). Bearing in mind that FUT is the only mode I play and FIFA is the only game I’ve played for last 3 years, I’ve opened thousands of packs and the icon return is poor. I’ve also never bought fifa points though if that has any influence on my pack odds.
  • DanValletta
    1528 posts Play-Off Hero
    Of course content creators get improved pack odds.

Of course the more you play/spend the worse your pack odds are.

Way too many people on here with no business acumen or marketing knowledge giving uninformed opinions as facts.

EA have so many ways of manipulating packs that it's funny and because it's not gambeling, they can.

Data is collected on EVERY fut player and used to specifically tailor that persons fut experience.

Believe me, big companies do much much MUUUUUCH darker things in the name of profit.

I've seen a lot of people spouting that underhand tactics are business acumen the past couple of days.

I've built and sold 3 businesses. Not once did I attempt to dupe or take advantage of anyone. I suppose that means I lack acumen?

Business acumen Is providing value to people, a fair exchange.

Giving with one hand and taking with the other or just preying on the vulnerable be it by using their vices against them or intimidating them is not business acumen.

One more time for good luck, business acumen.
  • Orison

If they did it would be a code or program running it, not manual monitoring :lol:

The more you spend the more likely you are going to pack someone. There’s no hidden coding on who spends more gets better drop rates it’s simply who ever spends more obviously has more opportunities at packing someone.

Not true. Seen plenty of ppl who don't open many packs get Icon after Icon and loads of expensive/high rated cards. Over the years I have spent thousands and my pack luck throughout the year is horrible. They know I will keep spending to get that next player so why should they make my packweight high? That would just allown me to spend less. One of the main reasons I am quitting FIFA

On the contrary to that. I don't spend and my pack luck is abysmal. My friend who does spend gets icons worth 1.5m and neymar from his tots untradeable SBC.

In all the years I've played the most valuable player I have packed is nif xavi. 150k

Thought you were an elite player? What on earth did you pack in your ultimate tots elite pack? Even the worst possible pack contained a 200k player iirc.

Also people are quite funny
    1. Content creators get better odds
    2. The more you spend the worse your odds become

Those 2 statements already contradict themselves, because content creators are the ones spending thousands. Then you have the odds on store packs displayed and then you have content creators opening houndreds of thousands of fp and barely getting walkouts.

Ofc you see Castro or bateson pack icons when they buy like 20mil fp throughout the year. Doesn't mean they have better odds, just means they spent 2000x as much as you do
  • Chavez76
    2517 posts Fans' Favourite

Thought you were an elite player? What on earth did you pack in your ultimate tots elite pack? Even the worst possible pack contained a 200k player iirc.

Those 2 statements already contradict themselves, because content creators are the ones spending thousands. Then you have the odds on store packs displayed and then you have content creators opening houndreds of thousands of fp and barely getting walkouts.

Ofc you see Castro or bateson pack icons when they buy like 20mil fp throughout the year. Doesn't mean they have better odds, just means they spent 2000x as much as you do

this. I never understand why this is so hard to understand. Ppl like Bateson opens thousands of packs per month, and for the video he of course only shows the ones who people want to see (and in fact, he even says so quite often in his videos!).
    If ANYONE would spend as much as he does, he will get the same outcome. Nothing to do with being a streamer or not
  • Mr_footballer1
    1879 posts Play-Off Hero

Have you ever heard of computers? Automation? Machine learning? Guess not
  • TheMightyBee
    2070 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited August 15
    Regardless of all this, packs are a huge con and if some people are helped more it doesn’t change the fact that packs are a robbery.
  • Clanceypants
    455 posts Sunday League Hero
    When they change the laws in the UK to apply full advertising law to influencers then this would be considered false advertising.
  • DanValletta
    1528 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited August 15

Where to start. My Elite pack this week... Best player Marquinhos who was 95k this morning, Thauvin and moutinho.

As for whatever else you said, I agree with that. I never said different, unless of course that wasn't aimed at me.

EDIT: Just wanted to add, I haven't a clue where you get the idea the worst pack possible contains a 200k player.
  • Azof
    16411 posts World Class
    Regardless of all this, packs are a huge con and if some people are helped more it doesn’t change the fact that packs are a robbery.

how is it robbery if people willingly buy them?
  • BPLosers
    157 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Well I’d love to know whose wife I slept with that works at EA for me to get garbage packs the last 8 years.
  • JohnDoe
    11253 posts Has That Special Something
    edited August 15

Where to start. My Elite pack this week... Best player Marquinhos who was 95k this morning, Thauvin and moutinho.

As for whatever else you said, I agree with that. I never said different, unless of course that wasn't aimed at me.

EDIT: Just wanted to add, I haven't a clue where you get the idea the worst pack possible contains a 200k player.

You were guaranteed a player worth over 200k for the Prem TOTS, as there were only 2 players under that value in the squad at the time (Maddison and Doherty).

ETA: I stand corrected, Ederson was also under that value at the time. But did your elite pack consist of the 3 cheapest Prem players?
  • swfcfan89
    887 posts Semi-Pro
    Nah, I don't think this is the case as much I'd like to believe it.

You have to take into account the sheer amount of packs opened and the time they put into playing FIFA. It's a full-time job for them so they often play up to 10 hours a day, sometimes more, pretty much everyday. Of course they are eventually gonna pack better cards than those who play a couple of hours here and there.
  • DanValletta
    1528 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited August 15
    JohnDoe wrote: »

You were guaranteed a player worth over 200k for the Prem TOTS, as there were only 2 players under that value in the squad at the time (Maddison and Doherty).

I don't think he was talking about that but I got Bernardo silva as best one.

I see what you mean, when i said 150k I mean when It isn't guaranteed lol
  • Orison
    JohnDoe wrote: »

ETA: I stand corrected, Ederson was also under that value at the time. But did your elite pack consist of the 3 cheapest Prem players?

And the worst pack during ultimate tots was oblak, alisson and sarabia I think. But back then sarabia was like 180k still.
  • TheMightyBee
    2070 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited August 15
    Azof wrote: »

They flaunt cards that have less than 0.02% chance of being packed all over Twitter, in game dashboard etc, they don’t disclose that actual odds for elite cards and then they ask for 20 pounds for 30 rare cards where you struggle to get a player over 85 rated.

People are **** money away for odds that promise you nothing that is being advertised everywhere. Robbery.
  • Orison
    Azof wrote: »

They flaunt cards that have less than 0.02% chance of being packed all over Twitter, in game dashboard etc, they don’t disclose that actual odds for elite cards and then they ask for 20 pounds for 30 rare cards where you struggle to get a player over 85 rated.

People are **** money away for odds that promise you nothing that is being advertised everywhere. Robbery.

Means that people are stupid, not that it's robbery lol.

People get what they pay for, they are stupid enough to pay for bad odds.
  • Springveldt
    4512 posts National Call-Up
    BPLosers wrote: »
    Well I’d love to know whose wife I slept with that works at EA for me to get garbage packs the last 8 years.
    That should take you too long to figure out. :wink:
  • BlackFridayRule
    363 posts Sunday League Hero
    For those that think spending real cash= better pulls: ive been on fut since 11 or 12..this is my best year by far, and also the year i've spent the least amount of money by far.

I hadnt gotten an icon OR tots player in a pack before fifa 19. This year i got 3 icons and crazy amounts of tots (i didnt take part in futties earlier, otherwise im sure i would have packed tots).

So either im the unluckiest person in the world, having spent thousands since the first fut i played, or you guys got it all wrong.

Also It makes more sense to give great pulls to people not spending cash, to entice them to spend... And thats what i feel is happening