Concern about lowering lowest BIN

Royboy
740 posts Semi-Pro
I’ve seen enough people on this forum complaining about almost-unsellable tots cards (e.g. Benzema, Pepe, etc). While I understand lowering the price floor (lowest possible BIN) can get you some instant coins, I am actually against lowering BIN.

We have now had about 4~5 weeks of FUTTIES where everyone was gifted with lots of packs to open from SBC as well as high pack weights. A number of high rated players are released and that’s why we are seeing surplus for the time being.

When there is surplus, by the nature of economic, market price is expected to be lower to sell items for lower demand. While it sounds like it should work for any cases, it can also destroy the market.

In our case (FUT), I believe there is way too much of high rated cards that if they remove the price floor, all the cards, regardless of their rating, will be sold at the very minimum price (e.g. you will be able to get 95 Sommer for 10k let’s say). This will lead to much cheaper estimated price to complete high end SBC such as Ronaldo, Gullit, Eusebio, etc. Then everyone will have those high end cards, and those cards will not be high end anymore.

So in my opinion, EA had two choices. They could release high end cards but keep the price floor so there are still some gaps between two teams (which is what they did), or they could’ve just not released anything.

Unlike many other unfortunate things that occurred in FUT19, I actually rate the economist really high for what they did in fut market this year. Although I don’t think I’ll purchase the next title, I hope they keep their excellent work up, which can eventually bring some players back.

Comments

• Royboy
    740 posts Semi-Pro
    I was hoping this thread to be a productive discussion thread... bump
  • iRusty_yo
    3921 posts National Call-Up
    I think EA kept the min price for certain high rated cards so that the price of icon SBC’s don’t become easier to obtain.

I’m agreeing with everything you’re saying btw
  • Ash2442
    21 posts Ball Boy
    Just raise the quick sell value I say...
  • AlbinoXI
    1752 posts Play-Off Hero
    Ash2442 wrote: »

☝️
  • Royboy
    740 posts Semi-Pro
    iRusty_yo wrote: »
    I think EA kept the min price for certain high rated cards so that the price of icon SBC’s don’t become easier to obtain.

Thank you! Haha
  • Royboy
    740 posts Semi-Pro
    Ash2442 wrote: »

Good point, but with such large number of high rated cards being released, that can also inflate the market depending on the quick sell value. If it’s barely raised then we will be facing the same problem..
  • Idek
    10089 posts Has That Special Something
    This will lead to much cheaper estimated price to complete high end SBC such as Ronaldo, Gullit, Eusebio, etc. Then everyone will have those high end cards, and those cards will not be high end anymore.

Does it really matter at this point of the game
  • JohnDoe
    11254 posts Has That Special Something
    Idek wrote: »
    This will lead to much cheaper estimated price to complete high end SBC such as Ronaldo, Gullit, Eusebio, etc. Then everyone will have those high end cards, and those cards will not be high end anymore.

Almost everyone I play against has those cards. Stuff doesn't stop being high-end because everyone can have it.
  • spy
    483 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I don’t think this is the case as the minimum prices are not so high on Xbox and I have never noticed the problem if players not selling on the Xbox market
  • AjaxLegends
    1725 posts Play-Off Hero
    Game is here for a couple of weeks more. Does it really matter if high end players don’t feel high end any more? I don’t see teams without Gullit/Eusebio/Ronaldo etc in div 1 anymore anyway.
  • Gnomenclature
    2669 posts Fans' Favourite
    iRusty_yo wrote: »

Hit the nail on the head here. Clearly the bins are set for a reason.
  • Royboy
    740 posts Semi-Pro
    Idek wrote: »

Not so much haha just trying to justify their decision
  • Royboy
    740 posts Semi-Pro
    spy wrote: »
    I don’t think this is the case as the minimum prices are not so high on Xbox and I have never noticed the problem if players not selling on the Xbox market

Interesting... my view was limited to ps
  • torakun
    1591 posts Play-Off Hero
    Game is here for a couple of weeks more. Does it really matter if high end players don’t feel high end any more? I don’t see teams without Gullit/Eusebio/Ronaldo etc in div 1 anymore anyway.

I still use them.. lol

• Danielb
    899 posts Professional
    So i want to Buy Ben Yedder hes 160k is he worth doing now or is he likely to drop the moment i do?