Manchester United Football Club

Comments

• Ahmer50x
    17227 posts World Class
    Couchy wrote: »
    Ahmer50x wrote: »

Would love to see this behind Greenwood in the cups

If we DON’T see this lineup in cups I’ll be very disappointed.

Imagine if it ends up being Mata and Sanchez :joy:
  • Apollo
    14214 posts Has That Special Something
    I’m really excited for Gomes and Greenwood.

I think it’s entirely possible they displace Lingard and Pereira this season in the first 11 by the end. That’d also let Ole focus on buying for depth rather than big name additions next summer.

Hate to say it, but I don’t think Chong is gonna make it here long term.

I know you're just saying your opinion about Chong, that's fine. If it turned out to be the case though, I really hope that he's given a good amount of opportunities before Ole comes to that conclusion. Ole's rightly taking the club back to it's values of bringing academy players through to the first team. By doing that, you're understandably going to get some players along the way who don't make it. That's inevitable. I want him to give those he brings through enough opportunities though so he's as sure as he can be of whether he believes a player will make it or not.

All three need to be given a good number of appearances this season to give them a proper chance to continue their development in the first team. He's said he will, it rightly looks like Greenwood will be a regular part of the first team this season, that's a brilliant start, and hopefully we see the other two as a minimum in the cups.
  • Ahmer50x
    17227 posts World Class
    Apollo wrote: »
    I’m really excited for Gomes and Greenwood.

I think it’s entirely possible they displace Lingard and Pereira this season in the first 11 by the end. That’d also let Ole focus on buying for depth rather than big name additions next summer.

Hate to say it, but I don’t think Chong is gonna make it here long term.

I know you're just saying your opinion about Chong, that's fine. If it turned out to be the case though, I really hope that he's given a good amount of opportunities before Ole comes to that conclusion. Ole's rightly taking the club back to it's values of bringing academy players through to the first team. By doing that, you're understandably going to get some players along the way who don't make it. That's inevitable. I want him to give those he brings through enough opportunities though so he's as sure as he can be of whether he believes a player will make it or not.

All three need to be given a good number of appearances this season to give them a proper chance to continue their development in the first team. He's said he will, it rightly looks like Greenwood will be a regular part of the first team this season, that's a brilliant start, and hopefully we see the other two as a minimum in the cups.

I agree.

Hoping all three of them get at least 10 starts in all comps this year. Let's see what they've got.

I'm just saying that from what I've seen of him, Chong won't be here in 5 years time, whereas I can see Gomes and Greenwood becoming integral like Rashford if managed properly by Ole.
  • Couchy
    9505 posts League Winner
    edited August 14

I could believe that. He seems to like it here, not like the swedes to have the typical Barca/Madrid ‘dream’, they like the cold. Manchester is perfect for them :joy:

To think we have gone from Jones, Smalling and 1st year Lindelof to Slabhead, Tuanzebe and 2nd year Lindelof brings a tear to the eye.
  • Apollo
    Would love if it is true that he's signing a new contract. When Young's gone (hopefully in the summer), De Gea full captaincy and Lindelof to VC imo. 🤩
  • Ahmer50x
    17227 posts World Class
    Would love if it is true that he's signing a new contract. When Young's gone (hopefully in the summer), De Gea full captaincy and Lindelof to VC imo. 🤩

If McTominay continues at CDM next year, I think he’ll be either captain or vice. Too much of a leader to be denied
  • Apollo

If McTominay continues at CDM next year, I think he’ll be either captain or vice. Too much of a leader to be denied

Ngl I'd be absolutely delighted with that, I was just trying to be realistic of what I could see Ole doing.
  • Sellish
    8923 posts League Winner

That source is crap but I've seen more reliable sources in Sweden report it so I think the story has legs!
  • Elpistolero91
    703 posts An Exciting Prospect

Why does he look like a white walker from game of thrones?
  • Couchy
    9505 posts League Winner
    No he’s not going to be better than either of them but again, how people can call Rashford average is laughable. More than Kane too at that age (not including Kane’s lower league spells).

20 goals this year will shut these people up at least.

• XxRichiexRichxX
    31671 posts National Team Captain
    No he’s not going to be better than either of them but again, how people can call Rashford average is laughable. More than Kane too at that age (not including Kane’s lower league spells).

Who are you even responding too?
  • ViVaWhom
    7862 posts League Winner

spoiler alert... those people will never shut up, they will just find something else to downplay
  • Couchy
    9505 posts League Winner

In general, to everyone who thinks Rashford is average... was that not clear?
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    31671 posts National Team Captain

Maybe it’s because I’ve been up for about 30 hrs straight, but it just seemed like it was directed at someone in here as if they were bashing a Rashford and I didn’t see anyone doing that from the quick scan I did.
  • Couchy
    9505 posts League Winner

Maybe it’s because I’ve been up for about 30 hrs straight, but it just seemed like it was directed at someone in here as if they were bashing a Rashford and I didn’t see anyone doing that from the quick scan I did.

No just a general musing on the hate that Rashford gets, not just in this thread. Seems to be forum wide that people believe he’s average.
  • Apollo

You know what to do Alexis. Take a 60% pay cut

Quick whip round for his taxi to the airport? :D
  • ViVaWhom
    7862 posts League Winner
    i feel like Bayern would be a good move for all parties
  • Tornado31619
    16458 posts World Class
    ViVaWhom wrote: »
    i feel like Bayern would be a good move for all parties

They would have been, prior to signing Perišić.
  • Tornado31619
    16458 posts World Class
    Salah has less than five? I knew his record wasn’t that great, but I’m not even trying to bait, I genuinely thought he had more.
  • Ahmer50x
    17227 posts World Class
    Salah has less than five? I knew his record wasn’t that great, but I’m not even trying to bait, I genuinely thought he had more.

Idk if he has less than 5 or maybe Dave was being selective?
  • Tornado31619
    16458 posts World Class
    edited August 15
    Surely Dave would have included him to further prove his point?

Salah joining the league a year later shouldn’t be a factor considering that Lacazette is there.
  • Couchy
    9505 posts League Winner

His FUT card best have at least 95 pace
  • Snugglebites
    1068 posts Professional
    I think Salah is also on 10, has a few more in other competitions though.
  • Keano
    12741 posts Has That Special Something

I'm torn between going Meta & doing my usual... United RTG :D

With Rashford, it's not a bad return on a player who's nowhere near hitting his prime & has played on the wing a lot the last 2-3 seasons.
  • Ahmer50x
    17227 posts World Class

Just remembered this as well.

Imagine if Tony and Rashy find consistency against the smaller sides :open_mouth:
  • RayS
    25292 posts Player of the Year

His H2H stats are updated to 93 acceleration and 90 sprint speed. His FUT20 card should be around this if not slightly higher

https://sofifa.com/player/232104/daniel-james/19/159523