So Streamers are given better odds

TSpiers1UK
327 posts Sunday League Hero
Something a lot of us always thought and a lot of others disregarded in a “high and mighty” way

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.polygon.com/platform/amp/2019/8/7/20758974/ftc-loot-box-panel-streamer-publisher-sponsorships

“Based on your expertise,” Frassetto asked, “do video games [publishers] pay these content creators to open loot boxes? Do they pay for the loot boxes? And, if so, do they at times give them better odds than the public at large? And how much of that is disclosed?

“Companies do pay for that sort of thing,” Dariani said. “It’s pretty uncommon for it to specifically be, ‘Hey, just open a bunch of loot boxes.’ But, we’ve definitely seen that.”

“I’ve definitely been in a room where a publisher said, ‘We could do better odds on the packs that this person opens for promotional purposes.’” Dariani continued. “That’s only been one time.”

Comments

• Toonleew
    2171 posts Fans' Favourite
    They also increase odds and lower odds depending on how big a spender you are and by how long it is since you have been on the game.
  • BombSquadPuppy
    1411 posts Professional
    Empyrium7 wrote: »
    we all know that. but EA keep denying it.

The general rule of any major company is to always “vaguely” admit to what has been 100% proven and to deny everything else that may or may not hinder their future success
  • maksi
    6594 posts Big Money Move
    I knew it when Nick28T got CL Messi twice on his first owner RTG.
  • maksi
    6594 posts Big Money Move
    edited August 14
    Toonleew wrote: »
    They also increase odds and lower odds depending on how big a spender you are and by how long it is since you have been on the game.
    i'm est. 2011 and no icon this year and i probably opened more than thousand packs
  • mindm4ster
    4923 posts Big Money Move
    @Futfanatic packed TOTS Neymar and 96 R9 yesterday -both tradeable

:trollface:
  • Ricky2610
    95 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Perfect business sense tho, make it seem like pack weights are high to all the gullible watchers then they go and rinse their parent credit cards, putting them in debt 👍
  • Grezzerk
    517 posts An Exciting Prospect

What a load of rubbish.. do you really think ea has some guy monitoring every single guys account and what there spending!? Oh James has just hit the £500 mark let’s send an mbappe his way in the next pack..
  • Orison
    47644 posts FIFA Cover Star
    People assume too much and know too little.

Crazy how that guy legit says "only seen it once" which leads to people in here assuming it must be in fifa.

So much stupidity.
  • cdbuck26
    3285 posts National Call-Up
    Grezzerk wrote: »

What a load of rubbish.. do you really think ea has some guy monitoring every single guys account and what there spending!? Oh James has just hit the £500 mark let’s send an mbappe his way in the next pack..

If they did it would be a code or program running it, not manual monitoring :lol:
  • TSpiers1UK
    327 posts Sunday League Hero
    Orison wrote: »

Crazy how that guy legit says "only seen it once" which leads to people in here assuming it must be in fifa.

So much stupidity.

Crazy how you think there’s only one person in the world to witness things

• VladimirSochi
    584 posts An Exciting Prospect

Not buying this theory. I think EA is shady as all **** but there is not much substantial supporting this.

Furthermore, it would probably make more sense to do the reverse. Give the low spenders higher weights to entice them to try their luck with fifa points and keep starving the high spenders because you already know they will reload and throw more money at the game until they have what they want.

I’m open to most dirty EA tactics that get thrown around, but this is pretty silly
  • Grezzerk
    cdbuck26 wrote: »

If they did it would be a code or program running it, not manual monitoring :lol:

I’d imagine it’s algorithm based like everything these days

The more you spend the more likely you are going to pack someone. There’s no hidden coding on who spends more gets better drop rates it’s simply who ever spends more obviously has more opportunities at packing someone.
  • CeeQue
    10784 posts Has That Special Something

Yes especially those that are partners like that bell end Castro. Player specific maybe not but im sure they can sway a high rated card in his favor.
  • Springveldt
    4512 posts National Call-Up

Wait, you actually think a person will be doing that?

It will just be an automated job, piece of **** to write that produces a report. It would be simple to program something that gives better odds depending on playtime, in game expenditure etc.
  • VladimirSochi
    edited August 14

It will just be an automated job, piece of **** to write that produces a report. It would be simple to program something that gives better odds depending on playtime, in game expenditure etc.

Again... this wouldn’t make sense. You would want to try and suck in the guy that only plays 5 hours a week with a big player rather than the guy playing 30 hours a week. You already have him hooked.

This theory falls short
  • Grezzerk
    CeeQue wrote: »

Yes especially those that are partners like that bell end Castro. Player specific maybe not but im sure they can sway a high rated card in his favor.

I’m more on about your avarage player none of these YouTube guys. A lot of there packs are suspect but then again they spend some serious money.
  • mindm4ster wrote: »

How certain are you that he isn't affiliated with EA?

There inside man on the forums.

Could you check for new SBC's at 06:00:00 and post it in here by 06:00:15

Im just saying, think about it.
  • Springveldt
    4512 posts National Call-Up
    edited August 14

Again... this wouldn’t make sense. You would want to try and suck in the guy that only plays 5 hours a week with a big player rather than the guy playing 30 hours a week. You already have him hooked.

This theory falls short
    Where did I say that they would give better rewards to people that are hooked? I just said based on playtime. There have been numerous instances of people who played a lot, stopped and then came back and got massive pulls.

They even registered a patent on how to hook players into games and keep them hooked.

Streamers getting better pack odds is basically free marketing.
  • Grezzerk

This theory falls short
    Where did I say that they would give better rewards to people that are hooked? I just said based on playtime. There have been numerous instances of people who played a lot, stopped and then came back and got massive pulls.

They even registered a patent on how to hook players into games and keep them hooked.

Numerous instances of people who packed someone big after not playing for a while. Here’s a question, do you think if you didn’t play for a few weeks and come back and didn’t pack someone would you create a thread about it?
  • KurtyH
    188 posts Has Potential To Be Special

So much stupidity.

Agreed so much stupidity from certain fanboys

I would just disregard this opinion anybody who understands how businesses actually work would be intelligent enough to know a business works hard on the best way to absolutely maximise profit and if packs make you profit you want these to be advertised to look as good as possible.

It's a game to us but nothing more than a Business to make money for EA and it makes perfect sense to use certain accounts that get good exposure

This theory falls short

Your right 100%
  • VladimirSochi

This theory falls short

And I agree with streamers. But not the rest of this conspiracy... which is what this speculation is.

Also, numerous hours tends to = hooked lol. I know what you are saying but... you are insinuating a player is hooked when you acknowledge he plays numerous hours
  • Futfanatic
    12464 posts Has That Special Something
    Haters gonna hate hate hate hate.

I’m just gonna shake shake shake shake.
  • mindm4ster
    4923 posts Big Money Move
    mindm4ster wrote: »

How certain are you that he isn't affiliated with EA?

There inside man on the forums.

Could you check for new SBC's at 06:00:00 and post it in here by 06:00:15

Im just saying, think about it.

he defo is

paid shill
    SMH
  • Primofusion
    382 posts Sunday League Hero
    General rule of statistics means that if you open more packs you are going to get more ‘special’ players. The streamers have the funds to do this, and show the best bits thus giving the impression that they get better rewards than the average player.

Obviously EA are all for this as it makes players think that they have a chance of getting the same rewards as the streamers.
  • forearms
    4697 posts National Call-Up

This theory falls short

I've tested this on 18 four times on the last 6 months. I've stopped playing, then opened packs after returning from a prolonged absence. I've gotten a walkout within the first 2 packs all 4 times. Its obviously a small sample size, but I absolutely believe there is some truth in that.
  • Orison
    47644 posts FIFA Cover Star
    You can go into the store and check out your odds on promo packs compared with everyone else and oh wonder they are the same.

And before people say "but you can't see odds on sbc/untradeable packs", people assume that odds change based on money spent so this gotta be about promo packs or normal packs that you buy.

As I said people are just stupid and love their conspiracy theories way too much.
  • EekAlaska
    1648 posts Play-Off Hero
    cdbuck26 wrote: »

I’d imagine it’s algorithm based like everything these days

The more you spend the more likely you are going to pack someone. There’s no hidden coding on who spends more gets better drop rates it’s simply who ever spends more obviously has more opportunities at packing someone.

Not true. Seen plenty of ppl who don't open many packs get Icon after Icon and loads of expensive/high rated cards. Over the years I have spent thousands and my pack luck throughout the year is horrible. They know I will keep spending to get that next player so why should they make my packweight high? That would just allown me to spend less. One of the main reasons I am quitting FIFA
  • EekAlaska
    1648 posts Play-Off Hero
    You can go into the store and check out your odds on promo packs compared with everyone else and oh wonder they are the same.

And before people say "but you can't see odds on sbc/untradeable packs", people assume that odds change based on money spent so this gotta be about promo packs or normal packs that you buy.

As I said people are just stupid and love their conspiracy theories way too much.

Lol, cause <1% tells us anything...