I hope the final build is slow!

Benja190782
1250 posts Professional
edited August 13
I really really hope the final build of FIFA 20 is slow in therms of gameplay flow.
Slow so we all can enjoy the beautiful animations.

I seriously don’t understand why some people would rather skip the trapping animation, when they receive the ball. Just to get the game quicker going!? I mean where is the love for football among fifa players?

I’ll bet that the slower gameplay speed will let the truely best fifa players shine in FIFA 20.
No more frantic ping pong passing and unrealistic first time shots, please EA.

Comments

• saturator
    87 posts Park Captain
    FIFA shines with slow speed.
    FIFA 18 ans 19 offline with some sliders are really good.
    Ok some animations are really Bad, ball physics is Bad, but you can appreciate career mode.
    I've got big hopes for FIFA 20!
  • Benja190782
    1250 posts Professional
    Thank god I’m not the only one then. I thought most people loved that frantic gameplay speed.
  • Peanut2000
    511 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Slower the better that’s what the wife always says.
  • mdizzl3
    12320 posts Has That Special Something
    edited August 13
    Peanut2000 wrote: »
    Slower the better that’s what the wife always says.

I can vouch for that
  • Sm0key_J0e
    435 posts Sunday League Hero
    Why bother if it's slow or not. EA just very recently sent a NEW PATCH for FIFA 19. These guys are completely lost inside the programming and not one single of them have apologized or promised improvements for FIFA 20.

Seriously, why would anyone pay money for FIFA 20?
  • Tornado31619
    16380 posts World Class
    The fast gameplay is what results in realistic scorelines. If the gameplay is as slow as an actual match, then you’ll never score. And EA can’t increase the length of each match IRL because then they would be encouraging people to play for 90 mins without a break. Nobody has time for that, especially if you’re playing competitive FUT and want to work towards a weekly reward.
  • forearms
    4679 posts National Call-Up
    I would think the issue with slow speeds could come down to not being able to press fast enough to win the ball back. With slow play, it would be easier to pass around the back and kill time.

If not the reason, then slow would be the much better way to go. It would be more realistic than the frenetic mess they have put out the last couple years.
  • the_bad_seeds_fc
    582 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Slow train coming. I would love a slow build up gameplay. No more freaking Gabriel Jesús running like he's escaping from the devil.
  • grabberpresident
    632 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Slow = zzzzz
  • QuidoFrontiere
    222 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Build (game itself) will be slow (menu etc). But players in fut will be quick as hell :smiley:
  • QuidoFrontiere
    Slow = zzzzz

No. It would be nice to have time to play good play of football and not quickly pass to another player (pingpong pass)
  • QuidoFrontiere
    It would be also nice to have some impact of low stamina and quicker stamina drain when running.
    I suggest 1% stamina drain for 5 seconds of running. And after stamina reached under 50%, player will not run.
  • Shaanxz
    20288 posts Club Captain
    edited August 14
    Slow pace of the game shouldn’t reflect on players though. You can keep the game speed slow. But players shouldn’t suffer because of it
  • SimenHP
    1918 posts Fans' Favourite
    It would be also nice to have some impact of low stamina and quicker stamina drain when running.
    I suggest 1% stamina drain for 5 seconds of running. And after stamina reached under 50%, player will not run.

Not really how it works in RL. Just look at A. Madrid their team runs like they have all 99 stamina, they never seems to be tired. Some players should stop runing when they are tired, but other never seems to get tired. I don't think I've ever seen Kante tired, but someone like Kroos starts walking alot more in the 2nd half

• QuidoFrontiere
    SimenHP wrote: »

Not really how it works in RL. Just look at A. Madrid their team runs like they have all 99 stamina, they never seems to be tired. Some players should stop runing when they are tired, but other never seems to get tired. I don't think I've ever seen Kante tired, but someone like Kroos starts walking alot more in the 2nd half

My fault, meant when team is set on High press... no one can keep that tempo whole match
  • PPerfect_CJ
    95 posts Park Captain
    KEEP IT SLOW! Please don't cave for the YouTubers and FUT crowd that want to run up and down the pitch scoring 4 or 5 goals a match. That's not football!
  • Benja190782
    1250 posts Professional
    edited August 14
    KEEP IT SLOW! Please don't cave for the YouTubers and FUT crowd that want to run up and down the pitch scoring 4 or 5 goals a match. That's not football!

It’s funny how you mention the FUT crowd as people who want that. Because I’ve actually played Career Mode from 1998 to 2014, then from 2015 to 2019 only played FUT.

But I still want that slow and authentic feel to the game as back then. I’ve always played like that. Build up with vision and football knowledge.
    Actually I’m only playing FUT because it’s close enough to be an Online Career Mode. (for me atleast)

I hate those Chemistry boost’s but it’s what we got. Heck I’ve even forced myself to only use basic chem. Just to keep the pace down.

I think many FUT players feel that way.

Slow gameplay is good. It makes the physics work more authentic and slow gameplay speed will always make the better fifa player shine. Always!
  • Full manual controls, altered sliders and slow speed. That's how I play career mode. Beautiful gameplay.
  • NathW90
    367 posts An Exciting Prospect
    You want a slower, more realistic experience, with good ball physics and a focus on real football, as well as career mode? It's simple... play PES 2020.

It's the superior football game in every single way. FIFA is the superior playground for 10 year old skill spammers.
  • Revolve2099
    65 posts Park Captain
    I really really hope the final build of FIFA 20 is slow in therms of gameplay flow.
    Slow so we all can enjoy the beautiful animations.

I seriously don’t understand why some people would rather skip the trapping animation, when they receive the ball. Just to get the game quicker going!? I mean where is the love for football among fifa players?

I’ll bet that the slower gameplay speed will let the truely best fifa players shine in FIFA 20.
    No more frantic ping pong passing and unrealistic first time shots, please EA.

Most players on Fifa have no idea on how a football game is played, just spam stupid passes and stupid unrealistic shots. This years Fifa is for the true footballers who actually have a football IQ.
  • the_bad_seeds_fc
    582 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited August 15
    Well said.
  • Revolve2099
    65 posts Park Captain
    NathW90 wrote: »
    You want a slower, more realistic experience, with good ball physics and a focus on real football, as well as career mode? It's simple... play PES 2020.

It's the superior football game in every single way. FIFA is the superior playground for 10 year old skill spammers.

I agree PES has always been superior to Fifa in all areas. Fifa has no realism, juts **** all over the pitch. I love the PES 20 demo, so realistic in tactics, players actually have awareness on the pitch. However this years Fifa from the sounds of it is going to reward true footballers not the kids who spam passes like crazy and do unrealistic ****.

Good luck to them, when they come up against actual footballers.
  • hooligan87
    230 posts Sunday League Hero
    Gameplay should be slow! That's 100 percent! This will tell any person who wants to play realistic football! With the advent of realistic gameplay there will be new real best players! Not fake like now! Of course they are afraid of the slow pace because the players who really have a football mind will humiliate them! Don't be afraid to say goodbye to this fake professionals!
  • Yeah 100% agree with this post, think a lot of people love Pes due to the slower and more realistic gameplay.. If Fifa 20 can stick to slow gameplay, it could be the best fifa yet in my opinion with all the new changes!
  • Boommaametw3
    1743 posts Play-Off Hero
    The fast gameplay is what results in realistic scorelines. If the gameplay is as slow as an actual match, then you’ll never score. And EA can’t increase the length of each match IRL because then they would be encouraging people to play for 90 mins without a break. Nobody has time for that, especially if you’re playing competitive FUT and want to work towards a weekly reward.

You never score how? Only take a couple of seconds IRL to move from pitch to pitch.

Slow as in actually pass around and build up to try to break down defenses. Instead of that trash fast build up play where every player on the pitch going forward like they are H/L and 99 attacking position.
    Doesn't mean the game would be "slow" just that the transition from defense to attack should be realistic. If you drop back you shouldn't have 7 guys in attack immediately after winning the ball.

It was the one thing i liked about fifa 19 despite the mess. You could play high pressure, you could park the bus, you could play slow tiki taka but they ruined it when they nerfed timed finishing forcing the meta to be only park the bus,fast build up.
    Real skill gap would come in keeping possesion, beating defenses and creating chances not Timed finishing or GK movement and all that crap
  • Revolve2099
    65 posts Park Captain
    hooligan87 wrote: »
    Gameplay should be slow! That's 100 percent! This will tell any person who wants to play realistic football! With the advent of realistic gameplay there will be new real best players! Not fake like now! Of course they are afraid of the slow pace because the players who really have a football mind will humiliate them! Don't be afraid to say goodbye to this fake professionals!

This statement is so true. But wait EA will patch this in the first couple of weeks and we are back to Fifa 19.1.1

Look at most of the Pro's only and handful actually want to play football, most abuse every single mechanic they can to get an advantage. One of the Pro's just doing La croquette the entire game, how **** can you get seriously.