EA's handling of closed beta is wrong

Boommaametw3
1817 posts Fans' Favourite
I know they do it random so they get opinions of all kinds of players whether new, noobs, experienced or pro.

But if their goal is to address and fix bugs before release then their approach is wrong.
They need to give the code to people who know what to look for.

For example everyone who pre-ordered should get a code, every verified player and people who played the game a certain amount of hours on fifa 19. Also should not be only Uk and US. US folks don't play fifa that much. Why not countries like Germany?

But sadly the closed beta is just a PR move, nothing you guys find would be changed in the final build else dynamic tactics,bycycle kicks, timed finishing would'nt have come bugged on release.

Comments

• Pooter
    1294 posts Professional
    If you see the amount of people discussing the closed beta on here, should they ever change that? Just imagine the amount of people doing that if they allowed more people to have the closed beta
  • I SiR MartY I
    5456 posts Big Money Move
    FIFA is built for players of all different skill levels, its why seasoned players and new players got invited, why UT players got Pro Clubs invites and Clubs players got UT invites, they want new and old players and those familiar and unfamiliar with the modes playing to give feedback from different perspectives.

I will say however that @Recoba made a point a while back that active forum users should be guaranteed a beta invite and at first I thought it was a bad idea, but after seeing how God awful some of the feedback is in the beta forum and how people are throwing tantrums because they didn't get the mode they wanted, I think he was right, posters that meet certain criteria, should be given access as they will be active and will give better feed back than "x is bad"

I mean, one of the most popular posts in the beta forum is "Open all modes" and there's even posters refusing to give feedback on the modes they got because they wanted UT instead.

I know the beta is NDA but if the forum itself is too, ill delete the above part but I think the way it is done now is fine, I just think active forum users should also be added too.
  • grabberpresident
    632 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Azof wrote: »
    This just reads like, "I didn't get a code so EA are wrong"

No, read again.
  • Pablofsi08
    393 posts Sunday League Hero
    FIFA is built for players of all different skill levels, its why seasoned players and new players got invited, why UT players got Pro Clubs invites and Clubs players got UT invites, they want new and old players and those familiar and unfamiliar with the modes playing to give feedback from different perspectives.

I will say however that @Recoba made a point a while back that active forum users should be guaranteed a beta invite and at first I thought it was a bad idea, but after seeing how God awful some of the feedback is in the beta forum and how people are throwing tantrums because they didn't get the mode they wanted, I think he was right, posters that meet certain criteria, should be given access as they will be active and will give better feed back than "x is bad"

I mean, one of the most popular posts in the beta forum is "Open all modes" and there's even posters refusing to give feedback on the modes they got because they wanted UT instead.

I know the beta is NDA but if the forum itself is too, ill delete the above part but I think the way it is done now is fine, I just think active forum users should also be added too.

It makes absolutely no sense to invite people who got the game in May to the beta if you want competent feedback and thus effective changes.

I agree with the OP. A number of invites could be random to people who preordered the game, and then the rest to people who are known for giving some feedback on forums, people who spent a lot of time playing, people who played many matches and achieved at least gold 2 or so. But sending an invite to people who can barely read a forum message or respect it, or get informed a little bit which is resulting in sad leaks everywhere at the forums, twitter etc., shows a lack of good planning.
  • china2991
    112 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    y'all actually going on like they listen to our feedback from the beta. You wont satisfy your needs in the beta, which is obviously you cannot wait unti the end of sep to play the game. You would only be dissapointed if you had it. Ea are doing you a favor in saving you from anger for another month or so.
  • RealM
    5317 posts Big Money Move
    Tbf the closed beta forum is just people moaning about not having coins and top tier players on UT. Hardly any constructive criticism is going on for the game.
  • BigJaseNo1
    139 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    RealM wrote: »
    Tbf the closed beta forum is just people moaning about not having coins and top tier players on UT. Hardly any constructive criticism is going on for the game.

How do you know🤔
  • CharlieC
    6239 posts Big Money Move
    RealM wrote: »

That's not true. There's a lot of constructive feedback in there. The other way of looking at it is that if there isn't an avalanche of critical feedback then they must have got it right to a point?
  • Matt007a
    12 posts Ball Boy
    The beta forum is full of bug reports and useful posts, the main issue as it is in the main forum is that there is zero dialogue with EA staff. We are just told they read our posts, but they don't engage in discussion to get the best feedback like they should.
  • George_Cook_Over60
    271 posts Sunday League Hero

That's not true. There's a lot of constructive feedback in there. The other way of looking at it is that if there isn't an avalanche of critical feedback then they must have got it right to a point?[/quote]

That's right, there is quite a lot of decent feedback now. I think there were too many youngsters throwing tantrums when it first came out (don't want that, want this, everything is broken etc) but that seems to have settled down now. There will be things wrong, but that's the whole point of the BETA, play it, and report. Hopefully the devs will plough through it and get it right.
    I've put my sixpence worth in, and I did it on the correct forum !

fingers crossed. Come on EA.

• Azof wrote: »
    Sorry too busy playing the beta to re read the wall of tears

Typical attention seeking behaviour.Hope the likes u got makes u feel better.

• Thefranchise92
    3559 posts National Call-Up
    I know they do it random so they get opinions of all kinds of players whether new, noobs, experienced or pro.

But if their goal is to address and fix bugs before release then their approach is wrong.
    They need to give the code to people who know what to look for.

For example everyone who pre-ordered should get a code, every verified player and people who played the game a certain amount of hours on fifa 19. Also should not be only Uk and US. US folks don't play fifa that much. Why not countries like Germany?

But sadly the closed beta is just a PR move, nothing you guys find would be changed in the final build else dynamic tactics,bycycle kicks, timed finishing would'nt have come bugged on release.

every verified player did get a code. Tbf they could just have a captcha like thing, spo when you load it up you have to name some bugs
  • KleoD
    8 posts Ball Boy

Couldn’t agree more!

It’s starting to get pathetic

• SimenHP
    1952 posts Fans' Favourite
    It should have been an open beta.

Why do some people deserve to play it more than others? (Btw. I dont care that I didn't get it, because I ha*e playing unfinished games so would only play it for a few minutes anyway, but I know alot of people are unhappy about it) Like why do the "pros" all get to play the game? Do ea care more about the best over the rest of their userbase?

And why is it only for uk and us? EA wouldn't make close to what their making atm if the game was only available in uk and us
  • marcx666
    92 posts Park Captain
    SimenHP wrote: »
    It should have been an open beta.

Why do some people deserve to play it more than others? (Btw. I dont care that I didn't get it, because I ha*e playing unfinished games so would only play it for a few minutes anyway, but I know alot of people are unhappy about it) Like why do the "pros" all get to play the game? Do ea care more about the best over the rest of their userbase?

And why is it only for uk and us? EA wouldn't make close to what their making atm if the game was only available in uk and us

The first part of your post is rubbish, it is random. Hell I got a code this year for the first time ever, and I've been playing since the first game in the megadrive/SNES era, where you could never get booked by running away from the ref :D

Second part I agree with totally, not sure why it's only for UK/US
  • grabberpresident
    632 posts An Exciting Prospect

No, read again.

Sorry too busy playing the beta to re read the wall of tears

So you're 12. Great. Maybe you'll get better at replying in a couple of years. Look quite silly, but that's your problem.
  • Boommaametw3
    edited August 14
    Pooter wrote: »
    If you see the amount of people discussing the closed beta on here, should they ever change that? Just imagine the amount of people doing that if they allowed more people to have the closed beta

You do realize that million of people play fifa and only a few thousands come to the forum all year. People on the forum are just a small percentage of the entire fifa community. All am saying is what is the use of giving beta code to someone who don't even play fifa or giving someone who plays fut pro clubs beta codes instead of fut beta???

That's like me getting beta code to nba 2k20. I don't play the game and don't even know the problems of the previous game so how will my feedback help?
    Post edited by Boommaametw3 on
  • Antiversum
    5767 posts Big Money Move
    All am saying is what is the use of giving beta code to someone who don't even play fifa or someone who plays pro clubs instead of fut???

As if only the FIFA elite called UT players should have access to a beta. As if there weren't more then enough things in other modes. Stop caring only for the mode YOU play.
  • Boommaametw3
    Antiversum wrote: »
    All am saying is what is the use of giving beta code to someone who don't even play fifa or someone who plays pro clubs instead of fut???

As if only the FIFA elite called UT players should have access to a beta. As if there weren't more then enough things in other modes. Stop caring only for the mode YOU play.

Hmm send pro clubs beta to people who play pro clubs. Send Fut beta code to people who play fut. Don't you know the beta code comes with a specific mode to play?
  • RadioShaq
    14902 posts Moderator
    It’s probably good to get feedback from every perspective. You can get into a rut of playing and maybe someone who has never played before would play a different way and notice something you wouldn’t have.