I got an amazing idea for a later update in 20!

Benja190782
1250 posts Professional
How about EA updated both FUT Rivals and FUT Champions, so that in Rivals, players from division 3 and above are forced on semi-assisted passing and shooting. The same in FUT Champions if you reach Gold 3.

In that way the more casual players will still be able to enjoy FUT. And at the same time there is an increased skill gap for us in the competitive FUT modes.

EA could even make the rewards slightly bigger to encourage people to do their best with forced semi-assisted controls.

@EA_Andy please let me know if this could ever be a thing?

Comments

• Rulistening
    1899 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited August 13
    Why would forcing something that affects gameplay ever be a good idea? then people just start losing games to stay below division 3, so you've created a bigger issue with your idea

Sorry pal, i know it sounds like a good idea to implement something with a skill gap, but it would be pretty awful as currently suggested. There is no "casual" aspect of a gamemode like rivals which rewards you for winning games.
  • DarkMac
    135 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I thought the great idea is to change the developers...
  • Mc_chigby
    635 posts An Exciting Prospect
    How about EA updated both FUT Rivals and FUT Champions, so that in Rivals, players from division 3 and above are forced on semi-assisted passing and shooting. The same in FUT Champions if you reach Gold 3.

In that way the more casual players will still be able to enjoy FUT. And at the same time there is an increased skill gap for us in the competitive FUT modes.

EA could even make the rewards slightly bigger to encourage people to do their best with forced semi-assisted controls.

I normally agree with most of your points on here especially about getting a more realistic football simulator. However I couldn't disagree more on this point.

Yes having a move towards a less assisted FUT Championship should be a long term aim. But never should a person be forced to change the way they play a game if they dont want to. This game is played by all ages and abilities.

From my personal point of view I dont get to play as much as I used to, so couldn't think of anything worse than coming home after a long day at work and suddenly not being able to play the game I enjoy because everything's been changed
  • forearms
    4679 posts National Call-Up
    All competitive modes should be manual. It makes no sense that an eSports competition has so much CPU influence. Players will adapt.
  • bberger
    5163 posts Big Money Move

Nice idea but nah.

They should force semi on all competitive modes. Simple as that. At least for shooting.
  • bberger
    5163 posts Big Money Move
    edited August 13
    forearms wrote: »
    All competitive modes should be manual. It makes no sense that an eSports competition has so much CPU influence. Players will adapt.

This.

Not sure about manual as it has massive bugs that haven't been fixed for years (that full power shooting/passing bug after a set piece has been in there forever).

But at least semi should be forced. At least that way we would get rid of automatic top corner shooting if you point the stick in the opposite direction of the goal and the players would for once have to aim in the direction of the goal.. unthinkable I know.. and sad..

Would also solve a lot of other issues.
  • Yiddo666
    177 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Just take assists away full stop
  • DarkMac
    135 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    The assist it's not the problem. The problem is the way EA handles balance of the gameplay. It's stupid to slow someone's players or to make them hit the post 3 times in the same occasion, just because you won to many in a row. Make the game difficult to play, don't just lower the players attributes just because you have no idea how to develop a fair-play gameplay. You are saying that EA respects fair-play.... That's the total opposite. It's fair-play to let people win if they are better, it's not fair-play at all to limit someone's capabilities just because you prefer it this way instead of rethinking the game-play. I know you care only about money and it's cheaper for you this way, but at least don't call yourself fair-play or don't even try to say that you are fair-play. It's nothing fair in the way you threat users!
    This needs to be change, the EA attitude about their users/buyers!
  • Pooter
    1260 posts Professional
    DarkMac wrote: »
    I thought the great idea is to change the developers...

The developers Frostbite are from EA, i.e. its never going to happen no matter how much you cry

The OP's idea is absolute rubbish, no one would then go to Rivals 3. In Fut champs, there is no match making at all, you face the best and even worst of Div Rivals
  • Bouboe112
    296 posts Sunday League Hero
    Semi assisted shooting should be the norm in competetive modes !!! How this isnt forced by ea is still beyond me! It would solve so many issues we have with the game and adds to the skillgap
  • Bouboe112
    296 posts Sunday League Hero
    bberger wrote: »
    forearms wrote: »

This.

Not sure about manual as it has massive bugs that haven't been fixed for years (that full power shooting/passing bug after a set piece has been in there forever).

But at least semi should be forced. At least that way we would get rid of automatic top corner shooting if you point the stick in the opposite direction of the goal and the players would for once have to aim in the direction of the goal.. unthinkable I know.. and sad..

Would also solve a lot of other issues.

This so much !! This Ea, THIS IS WHAT SHOULD BE DONE!!! MAKE SEMI SHOOTING MANDATORY FOR GODS SAKE.

HOW IN GODS GREEN EARTH IS IT POSSIBLE TO AIM AT THE CORNERFLAG AND STILL SCORING TOP BINS ?!?!?! HOWWWWWWWWWWW?!?!?!
    WHERE IS THE SKILL ? WHERE IS THE SENSE OF FULFILLMENT IN THAT.

God, it breaks my brain just thinking about what we have now
  • hooligan87
    230 posts Sunday League Hero
    We are already coming up with ideas how to make the game more realistic! The developers have no desire and no ideas of their own! They only add even more anti-football modes! We understand that auto-control spoils the whole game, that competitive modes should not be on auto-control! But they admire the game fake professionals who are helpless without the help of a computer like kittens! And the real pros sit on the side and can not show their skills because developers do not give such an opportunity! They can't even add a filter to find an opponent in FUT!
  • forearms
    4679 posts National Call-Up
    DarkMac wrote: »
    The assist it's not the problem. The problem is the way EA handles balance of the gameplay. It's stupid to slow someone's players or to make them hit the post 3 times in the same occasion, just because you won to many in a row. Make the game difficult to play, don't just lower the players attributes just because you have no idea how to develop a fair-play gameplay. You are saying that EA respects fair-play.... That's the total opposite. It's fair-play to let people win if they are better, it's not fair-play at all to limit someone's capabilities just because you prefer it this way instead of rethinking the game-play. I know you care only about money and it's cheaper for you this way, but at least don't call yourself fair-play or don't even try to say that you are fair-play. It's nothing fair in the way you threat users!
    This needs to be change, the EA attitude about their users/buyers!

The AI determines everything right now. Let's examine the decisions the CPU makes just on a single shot and the aftermath of that event.

1)Exactly where the shot goes, and the path it takes to get there.
    2)Whether the defender blocks or steps over/around the shot.
    3)The goalkeeper animation. It chooses how they dive, where they dive and if they choose to (magically) pull their hands back just enough to let the ball narrowly fly by their reach. It chooses if the GK catches, or parries the shot as well.
    4)If there is a rebound, where it goes, and the path and pace it takes to get there.
    5)The positioning of the AI controlled players to either be in advantageous or detrimental position for the rebound. Both offense and defense.
    6)The distance and trajectory of any attempted clearance.
    7)Which player wins the battle if multiple players are going for the ball on a contested clearance, ie. who rises above the others, and how.

The users input a couple button presses, but how much and what those users control is pretty limited. At the very minimum, manual controls would allow a couple events to be user influenced.