Clear example that EA decides everything in game. (Video included)

Professor
1368 posts Professional
Goal disallowed for being offside when clearly there is a defender keeping Mbappe on.



Comments

  • Professor
    1368 posts Professional
  • Ishibum
    12267 posts Has That Special Something
    Professor wrote: »
    Goal disallowed for being offside when clearly there is a defender keeping Mbappe on.




    That's the correct decision though? :lol:
  • Professor
    1368 posts Professional
    Ishibum wrote: »
    Professor wrote: »
    Goal disallowed for being offside when clearly there is a defender keeping Mbappe on.




    That's the correct decision though? :lol:

    Lol yeah according to EA. They ignored the fact that Maldini is basically on the goal line.
  • Navraat
    3174 posts National Call-Up
    That was indeed the correct decision
  • Robstr
    18 posts Ball Boy
    Ishibum wrote: »
    Professor wrote: »
    Goal disallowed for being offside when clearly there is a defender keeping Mbappe on.




    That's the correct decision though? :lol:

    Yep he is offside :neutral: confused about if it's a troll post.
  • madwullie
    4169 posts National Call-Up
    You don't understand the offside rule mate
  • madwullie
    4169 posts National Call-Up
    FYI there has to be two players between the ball and the goal line. It just so happens that one of them is usually the keeper, but if he's awol then it needs to be two defenders.
  • Empyrium7
    2763 posts Fans' Favourite
    it's offside
  • Ishibum
    12267 posts Has That Special Something
    Professor wrote: »
    Ishibum wrote: »
    Professor wrote: »
    Goal disallowed for being offside when clearly there is a defender keeping Mbappe on.




    That's the correct decision though? :lol:

    Lol yeah according to EA. They ignored the fact that Maldini is basically on the goal line.

    No. According to folk that actually run the game ;)
    A player is in an offside position if: any part of the head, body or feet is in the opponents' half (excluding the halfway line) and. any part of the head, body or feet is nearer to the opponents' goal line than both the ball and the second-last opponent.

    In your case, Maldini is the last opponent and there is no 'second-last' opponent between Mbappe and the goal. So it's offside


    Source for quote:

    http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/lawsandrules/laws/football-11-11/law-11---offside
  • Headshrinker363
    4807 posts National Call-Up
    edited August 12
    Two people need to keep you onside, thing is the keeper is usually one of them. As others have pointed out, correct decision, no goal. Back to school you go.
  • selb
    6393 posts Big Money Move
    madwullie wrote: »
    You don't understand the offside rule mate

    Yeah, you need to look up the offside rule for when the keeper comes out
  • madwullie
    4169 posts National Call-Up
    madwullie wrote: »
    FYI there has to be two players between the ball and the goal line. It just so happens that one of them is usually the keeper, but if he's awol then it needs to be two defenders.

    I might have phrased this badly due to being **** on prescription drugs but I hope you see what I mean.
  • SuperRob
    1412 posts Professional
    Was definitely the correct decision as others have said.
  • Headshrinker363
    4807 posts National Call-Up
    madwullie wrote: »
    madwullie wrote: »
    FYI there has to be two players between the ball and the goal line. It just so happens that one of them is usually the keeper, but if he's awol then it needs to be two defenders.

    I might have phrased this badly due to being **** on prescription drugs but I hope you see what I mean.

    Can I have some too?
  • selb
    6393 posts Big Money Move
    madwullie wrote: »
    madwullie wrote: »
    FYI there has to be two players between the ball and the goal line. It just so happens that one of them is usually the keeper, but if he's awol then it needs to be two defenders.

    I might have phrased this badly due to being **** on prescription drugs but I hope you see what I mean.

    Can I have some too?

    Looking at some of threads today it seems a lot on here are on these drugs
  • madwullie
    4169 posts National Call-Up
    madwullie wrote: »
    madwullie wrote: »
    FYI there has to be two players between the ball and the goal line. It just so happens that one of them is usually the keeper, but if he's awol then it needs to be two defenders.

    I might have phrased this badly due to being **** on prescription drugs but I hope you see what I mean.

    Can I have some too?

    See my doctor mate. If you can get a fecking appointment.
  • Salvatori
    839 posts Semi-Pro
    Guy has had an absolute mare here :D
  • Pooter
    1290 posts Professional
    Professor wrote: »
    Ishibum wrote: »
    Professor wrote: »
    Goal disallowed for being offside when clearly there is a defender keeping Mbappe on.




    That's the correct decision though? :lol:

    Lol yeah according to EA. They ignored the fact that Maldini is basically on the goal line.

    Where's the goalie? If he's behind the goalie, then its offside according to FIFA rules
  • Ishibum
    12267 posts Has That Special Something
    selb wrote: »
    madwullie wrote: »
    madwullie wrote: »
    FYI there has to be two players between the ball and the goal line. It just so happens that one of them is usually the keeper, but if he's awol then it needs to be two defenders.

    I might have phrased this badly due to being **** on prescription drugs but I hope you see what I mean.

    Can I have some too?

    Looking at some of threads today it seems a lot on here are on these drugs

    The forum is going down the toilet tbh. Not even taking this thread into account (as I can get folk not fully understanding the offaide rule).
  • Salvatori
    839 posts Semi-Pro
    Pooter wrote: »
    Professor wrote: »
    Ishibum wrote: »
    Professor wrote: »
    Goal disallowed for being offside when clearly there is a defender keeping Mbappe on.




    That's the correct decision though? :lol:

    Lol yeah according to EA. They ignored the fact that Maldini is basically on the goal line.

    Where's the goalie? If he's behind the goalie, then its offside according to FIFA rules

    Has nothing to do with the goalie as such. It needs to be 2 PLAYERS. 99% of the time its the keeper, but in this instance Mbappe is only offside by a whisker, as there is a defender somewhere near the Pen spot who is almost in line.

    You can be behind the goalie and still onside
  • Headshrinker363
    4807 posts National Call-Up
  • Professor
    1368 posts Professional
    I didnt know the 2 player rule behind the last striker. You never really see keepers coming out like this.
  • Ishibum
    12267 posts Has That Special Something
    Professor wrote: »
    I didnt know the 2 player rule behind the last striker. You never really see keepers coming out like this.

    A lot of rules there that you'd never expect to see in a real life situation. One rule change that amused me for this season is that it is now not allowed for a keeper to score directly from throwing the ball (because this has been a huge problem over the years :lol: )
  • Professor
    1368 posts Professional
    Ishibum wrote: »
    Professor wrote: »
    I didnt know the 2 player rule behind the last striker. You never really see keepers coming out like this.

    A lot of rules there that you'd never expect to see in a real life situation. One rule change that amused me for this season is that it is now not allowed for a keeper to score directly from throwing the ball (because this has been a huge problem over the years :lol: )

    That would require some serious long throw trait and literally no opposing players on the pitch.
  • Ishibum
    12267 posts Has That Special Something
    Professor wrote: »
    Ishibum wrote: »
    Professor wrote: »
    I didnt know the 2 player rule behind the last striker. You never really see keepers coming out like this.

    A lot of rules there that you'd never expect to see in a real life situation. One rule change that amused me for this season is that it is now not allowed for a keeper to score directly from throwing the ball (because this has been a huge problem over the years :lol: )

    That would require some serious long throw trait and literally no opposing players on the pitch.

    95th min and keeper up for a corner would be a possible scenario. Need a keeper capable of throwing satellites into space though for that counter :lol:
  • sido1968
    1274 posts Professional
    Ishibum wrote: »
    Professor wrote: »
    Ishibum wrote: »
    Professor wrote: »
    I didnt know the 2 player rule behind the last striker. You never really see keepers coming out like this.

    A lot of rules there that you'd never expect to see in a real life situation. One rule change that amused me for this season is that it is now not allowed for a keeper to score directly from throwing the ball (because this has been a huge problem over the years :lol: )

    That would require some serious long throw trait and literally no opposing players on the pitch.

    95th min and keeper up for a corner would be a possible scenario. Need a keeper capable of throwing satellites into space though for that counter :lol:

    David Seaman used to be able to throw to Overmars.
  • Ishibum
    12267 posts Has That Special Something
    sido1968 wrote: »
    Ishibum wrote: »
    Professor wrote: »
    Ishibum wrote: »
    Professor wrote: »
    I didnt know the 2 player rule behind the last striker. You never really see keepers coming out like this.

    A lot of rules there that you'd never expect to see in a real life situation. One rule change that amused me for this season is that it is now not allowed for a keeper to score directly from throwing the ball (because this has been a huge problem over the years :lol: )

    That would require some serious long throw trait and literally no opposing players on the pitch.

    95th min and keeper up for a corner would be a possible scenario. Need a keeper capable of throwing satellites into space though for that counter :lol:

    David Seaman used to be able to throw to Overmars.

    Peter Schmeichel could launch it as well. Don't think either could have scored direct though.
  • sido1968
    1274 posts Professional
    Ishibum wrote: »
    sido1968 wrote: »
    Ishibum wrote: »
    Professor wrote: »
    Ishibum wrote: »
    Professor wrote: »
    I didnt know the 2 player rule behind the last striker. You never really see keepers coming out like this.

    A lot of rules there that you'd never expect to see in a real life situation. One rule change that amused me for this season is that it is now not allowed for a keeper to score directly from throwing the ball (because this has been a huge problem over the years :lol: )

    That would require some serious long throw trait and literally no opposing players on the pitch.

    95th min and keeper up for a corner would be a possible scenario. Need a keeper capable of throwing satellites into space though for that counter :lol:

    David Seaman used to be able to throw to Overmars.

    Peter Schmeichel could launch it as well. Don't think either could have scored direct though.

    He could only throw it as far as Dublin tho.
  • ILevis
    705 posts An Exciting Prospect
    This thread is 99% of the community in a nutshell.

    Have no clue at all, but better blame EA because you conceded a goal in FIFA
  • Professor
    1368 posts Professional
    ILevis wrote: »
    This thread is 99% of the community in a nutshell.

    Have no clue at all, but better blame EA because you conceded a goal in FIFA

    Well I didn't concede I was disallowed a goal and I win that game like 4-1.
Sign In or Register to comment.