How to stop Van Dijk at corners.

King_Cantona77
268 posts Sunday League Hero
Any tips guys? Seems everyone has him in their team nowadays.

Comments

• King_Cantona77
    FifaProDK wrote: »
    Put your own Dijk in front of his.

😂

I would but I refuse to use him. Quite happy with Maldini, Nesta & Cannavaro.
  • Claret_n_blue_blood
    14250 posts Has That Special Something

😂

It's game over for ya then
  • SomeNextGuy
    2607 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited August 12

😂

They clearly can't stop 6 ft 4 players with massive heads from scoring corners though.
  • King_Cantona77
    Nice to know that the only way to stop it is to follow all the other sheep who use him.
  • King_Cantona77
    Doesn't help either that the game insists on my CAM, Maradona picking him up at corners 🤣🤣
  • Jpo41
    795 posts Semi-Pro
    Pre-order 20
  • Antiseen
    1329 posts Professional
    Put gullit in front of him
  • King_Cantona77
    Jpo41 wrote: »
    Pre-order 20

🤣🤣
  • King_Cantona77
    Any actual advice chaps? Seems impossible to stop which is rather ridiculous when you think about it. Use Zlatan on him?
  • JohnDoe
    11254 posts Has That Special Something
    Nice to know that the only way to stop it is to follow all the other sheep who use him.

It’s not my fault you refuse to use the best defender in the game. I can almost sort of get it when people refuse to use players in FUT because “they're not as good IRL as they are in the game” or because they’ve never watched them play, but VvD actually is the best CB in the world atm.

I hadn’t used him until I got his TOTS in my WL picks, but he’s been nothing short of amazing for as long as I’ve used him. He really is that good.

The sheep angle is also interesting. Do you want easy wins? Is that it? Can’t people use the best players they can afford?

Once again, it’s not my or the community’s fault you refuse to use him and are clearly getting dunked on by him.
  • SomeNextGuy
    2607 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited August 12

Bro, if man is 6 ft 4 with maxed out heading and jumping and you're defending with men who are between 5 ft 9 and 6 ft 2 the man who is 6 ft 4 will beat the shorter men in the air more often than not.

Science.
  • JohnDoe
    Any actual advice chaps? Seems impossible to stop which is rather ridiculous when you think about it. Use Zlatan on him?

Zlatan’s jumping lets him down in the air, imo. I’m sure he used to be great back when people had far weaker defenses, but he can’t even win headers against Kimpembe. I never used his FB, but his TOTS wasn’t even as good as TOTS Havertz when it came to winning aerial duels.
  • King_Cantona77
    JohnDoe wrote: »

It’s not my fault you refuse to use the best defender in the game. I can almost sort of get it when people refuse to use players in FUT because “they're not as good IRL as they are in the game” or because they’ve never watched them play, but VvD actually is the best CB in the world atm.

I hadn’t used him until I got his TOTS in my WL picks, but he’s been nothing short of amazing for as long as I’ve used him. He really is that good.

The sheep angle is also interesting. Do you want easy wins? Is that it? Can’t people use the best players they can afford?

Once again, it’s not my or the community’s fault you refuse to use him and are clearly getting dunked on by him.

I'd rather use players that I loved watching in real life.

The sheep line is accurate. The amount of people that have the same team is crazy. Gullit, VVD, Vieira etc. Shows no imagination and merely a do whatever silly Youtuber of the week says and spam whomever is "OP".

I'm a Div 1 player so by no means do I struggle BTW.
  • JohnDoe
    edited August 12

The sheep line is accurate. The amount of people that have the same team is crazy. Gullit, VVD, Vieira etc. Shows no imagination and merely a do whatever silly Youtuber of the week says and spam whomever is "OP".

Those effectively are some of the best players in the game. Doesn’t make someone a sheep for using them, but whatever floats your boat, man.

So, if you don’t struggle, what’s this thread all about, then?
  • King_Cantona77
    edited August 12

Bro, if man is 6 ft 4 with maxed out heading and jumping and you're defending with men who are between 5 ft 9 and 6 ft 2 the man who is 6 ft 4 will beat the shorter men in the air more often than not.

Science.

Don't get me wrong, I get that. I also have SMS, Perisic & CR7 back there all who are great in the air but none of them seem able to do anything. It's so frustrating and is such a cheap goal to concede as there is very little tactically (choose your marker etc) you can do to prevent it.
  • JohnDoe
    edited August 12

Science.

Don't get me wrong, I get that. I also have SMS, Perisic & CR7 back there all who are grest in the air but none of them seem able to do anything. It's so frustrating and is such a cheap goal to concede as there is very little tactically (choose your marker etc) you can do to prevent it.

SMS, Perisic and CR7 are just too short/weak and lack the aggressiveness to consistently beat VvD in the air.

Heck, I conceded like 2 VvD headers from corners this past WL. It happens, that card is just phenomenal.
  • King_Cantona77
    edited August 12

Those effectively are some of the best players in the game. Doesn’t make someone a sheep for using them, but whatever floats your boat, man.

So, if you don’t struggle, what’s this thread all about, then?

General play, I don't struggle. Defending corners against that mutant, yes I do 🤣
  • Jpo41
    795 posts Semi-Pro
    To do honest just try to put someone in front of him and push him manually.....good chance they won't call a foul and it will throw timed finishing off
  • King_Cantona77

Science.

Don't get me wrong, I get that. I also have SMS, Perisic & CR7 back there all who are grest in the air but none of them seem able to do anything. It's so frustrating and is such a cheap goal to concede as there is very little tactically (choose your marker etc) you can do to prevent it.

SMS, Perisic and CR7 are just too short/weak and lack the aggressiveness to consistently beat VvD in the air.

Heck, I conceded like 2 VvD headers from corners this past WL. It happens, that card is just phenomenal.

Might give Koulibaly a bash. Could be a decent option.
  • JohnDoe

Science.

Still too short, he’s now 6’2”, which is his actual height IRL.
  • King_Cantona77

Science.

Crouch at CB seems my only option then!
  • Dutchcaliber
    2788 posts Fans' Favourite
    you dont. he is 6'4, has 99 strength, 99 jumping and powet header. he is the best player in the air in the game.
  • JohnDoe

Science.

Crouch at CB seems my only option then!

Crouch can’t jump.

Just move your keeper if using VvD would make you get ulcers, then.
  • Empyrium7
    2763 posts Fans' Favourite
    in some situations you just can't stop him, but try knocking him off balance before the ball is crossed. or move the keeper to where he's standing
  • starfox1284
    1583 posts Play-Off Hero
    you dont. he is 6'4, has 99 strength, 99 jumping and powet header. he is the best player in the air in the game.

He is not better than Gullit....his hair must add like 3 inches to his height.
  • Navraat
    3174 posts National Call-Up
    Varane is 6'3 and 99 jumping with anchor
  • mindm4ster
    4927 posts Big Money Move

my Dijk vs your Dijk
  • King_Cantona77
    mindm4ster wrote: »