This game becomes a comedy show after G2..

bberger
5163 posts Big Money Move
Well.. went 17-2 for the second consecutive week.

After that this game becomes a hilarious slapstick comedy :joy:

People stop moving the ball with the left stick and purely move the ball using La Croquettas.. jesus.. anybody even remotely considering getting FIFA 20 should really spend that money to charity instead.. or at least use the money to wipe their butts and flush it straight down their toilet. Whatever you choose, your money is better spent either way..

Comments

• Davola77
    386 posts Sunday League Hero
    When someone kicks off and does 3 or 4 croquetas at the start of the game with nobody near them I just quit the game. Needless to say I quit a lot of games
  • Empyrium7
    2762 posts Fans' Favourite
    Croquetta into a fake shot, followed by dragback. Some people make this game looks like a circus
  • Orison
    47644 posts FIFA Cover Star
    As long as I win it's all good
  • tworaf
    215 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited August 12
    My last game to get gold 1 was against someone whos chaining la croquettas and drag backs right from kick off. I won 7-4 and scored the last two by using la croquetta just once in his box. he messaged me: All you can do is spam skills 🤣

People here moan about it but still use it along with first time shots which are way worse than la croquetta. Skill spammers are easy to defend against. You need to do it just once or twice to split a defense wide open.
    Its in the game, get use to it and adapt.its overpowered yes, blame Ea dont blame the player.
    WL is a competetive mode and people will do everything to get a win even if its broken or overpowered. if you want to avoid what you call a comedy show, play online singles...
  • bberger
    edited August 12
    tworaf wrote: »
    My last game to get gold 1 was against someone whos chaining la croquettas and drag backs right from kick off. I won 7-4 and scored the last two by using la croquetta just once in his box. he messaged me: All you can do is spam skills 🤣

People here moan about it but still use it alon with first time shots which are way worse then la croquetta. Skill spammers are easy to defend against. You need to do it just once or twice to split a defense wide open.
    Its in the game, get use to it and adapt.its overpowered yes, blame Ea dont blame the player.
    WL is a competetive mode and people will do everything to get a win even if its broken or overpowered.

I'm actually blaming the game, hence why I don't get why people would want to continue on that path.. do they really believe they have a shot at winning a pro tournament if they croquetta-chain their way to G1/E3?

One thing that is disgusting though and almost not defendable: Croquetta chains with TOTS Neymar.. had a guy that solely moved him by doing croquetta chains and then either finished it in an easy 1on1 or scrored top corner after an El Tornado.. that speed/agility and 5*5* combo even makes El Tornados and Croquetta spamming unpredictable if the opponent knows what he is doing and your players are stuck in mud...
    That guy was absolutely abysmal at the game, apart from exploiting that Neymar.. I won 7-6 in OT, but every single one of his goals was a Neymar croquetta chain from Kickoff...
  • Orison
    47644 posts FIFA Cover Star
    bberger wrote: »
    tworaf wrote: »

People here moan about it but still use it alon with first time shots which are way worse then la croquetta. Skill spammers are easy to defend against. You need to do it just once or twice to split a defense wide open.
    WL is a competetive mode and people will do everything to get a win even if its broken or overpowered.

I'm actually blaming the game, hence why I don't get why people would want to continue on that path.. do they really believe they have a shot at winning a pro tournament if they croquetta-chain their way to G1/E3?

No, but they think they can reach Elite.

Even if you don't plan on becoming a pro, WL is still about winning as many as you can.
  • Guvnor
    1033 posts Professional
    I agree with op, I’m at 14 - 5 and that’s where I’ll be staying, just can’t deal with the ping pong , 1 depth tactics we come up against. I thought about going for gold 1 then lost 3 on the bounce and thought this is meant to be enjoyable, I’m out.
  • HishamAyman
    2851 posts National Call-Up
    OZero wrote: »
    You should respect your opponents before reaching G2 because probably they are refusing to play like a comedy show.

• Ruffy
    454 posts Sunday League Hero
    Was 10/4. Was going for 1 more to get a red and couldnt win for the next 10 matches.

Such a waste of time
  • cavester77
    78 posts Park Captain
    The game is a comedy show full stop
  • GoonerDude81
    61 posts Park Captain
    I don’t even know how to use la croquettas - in fact the only skill move I ever use is the square then X. Still in division 2 and finishing Gold 2 in WL. I’ve considered learning them, but nah!
  • ALU2
    50 posts Park Captain
    That’s why you need to seriously try PES, it doesn’t contain any crappy elements Fifa has
  • ALU2
    50 posts Park Captain
    Just go to watch some gameplay video from Top PES players, no one abuse any mechanics from the game and every one is playing team football, pass and run at right timing is the way to win, and you will be amazed by the animation, passing system and physics as well
  • bberger
    Guvnor wrote: »
    I agree with op, I’m at 14 - 5 and that’s where I’ll be staying, just can’t deal with the ping pong , 1 depth tactics we come up against. I thought about going for gold 1 then lost 3 on the bounce and thought this is meant to be enjoyable, I’m out.

The 1 depth BS I can live with.. if people want to play destructive Athletico style it's something I find annoying, but at least it resembles football in some (ugly) way.

That kung-fu flickup tornado croquetta shaolin soccer stuff on the other hand...
  • Dramacydal
    51 posts Park Captain

The 1 depth BS I can live with.. if people want to play destructive Athletico style it's something I find annoying, but at least it resembles football in some (ugly) way.

That kung-fu flickup tornado croquetta shaolin soccer stuff on the other hand...

Its the same people who at the beginnig of Fifa 18(when you had to defend before the patch)cried about it being stupid /you cant control 11 players etc.Same people who abused timed shots before patch and same ones if Fifa 20 does make skill moves slower/defense better will hate it and gonna complain till probably EA changes it back to 19
  • Robbo_86
    204 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I was going for G1 an I had 3 games to do it. Played someone who I was winning 2-0 comfortably with 20 in game mins left. I end up getting beat 5-2 an I couldn’t be bothered to play anymore. I know it’s said a lot but the game is a joke. There is no skill gap an obviously my opponent got a leg up to help him win.
  • JohnDoe
    11250 posts Has That Special Something

I agree with you, but why you gotta do Atletico like that?
  • bberger
    JohnDoe wrote: »

I agree with you, but why you gotta do Atletico like that?

Have you seen them play? :joy:
  • Cornushon
    4520 posts National Call-Up
    The best comedy show I've seen was trying to do Kondogbia objective. At Least 10 people went full tryhard on me. And I still scored 1 goal and rubber bandedy controller just to annoy them even further. They just tried to score as many goals as possible even though in the beginning I scored 2 own goals and let them score one more before trying to score mine. But they just keep playing seriously ahahha what is the point?
  • Cornushon
    4520 posts National Call-Up
    I mean I scored 1 in 2 games. The rest I just rubber band, just to make them play full game against AI and one man in the bottom right corner
  • Thefranchise92
    3552 posts National Call-Up
    I was 21 and 3. Went to 21 and 8 played too many brain dead games in a row. Honestly its ridiculous from 14/15 wins i played nothing but elite calibre players. I can get elite with spaced out games. But the mental energy you have to exert when its crammed is insane. Especially for the shaolin soccer. These guys would do anything to win. ANYTHING
  • bberger
    edited August 12
    I was 21 and 3. Went to 21 and 8 played too many brain dead games in a row. Honestly its ridiculous from 14/15 wins i played nothing but elite calibre players. I can get elite with spaced out games. But the mental energy you have to exert when its crammed is insane. Especially for the shaolin soccer. These guys would do anything to win. ANYTHING

Yeah.. needless to say I went from 17-2 to 17-13 both times..

How you can win 17 out of 19 games and then lose 11 games in a row with having no chance whatsoever also feels broken..

//Edit: of course I stopped trying after 17-11 and gave away both last games either through quitting or rubberbanding.. depending on the human decency of the opponents I got.. not going to quit if I get a croquetta chain after kickoff or a midline shush followed by a chickendance after scoring an OG.. will drag the game out as much as I can if they are being morons..
  • JTal23
    14 posts Ball Boy
    edited August 14
    Was 1 game away from gold 2 and was 2 0 at halftime and this guy scores a 25 yard kickoff screamer with [Removed - CM] gold ngolo kante. Left the game at 2 1 for me and Im done with fifa 19. Cant deal with this unrealistic BS anymore :')
    Post edited by EA_Joz on
  • Thefranchise92
    3552 posts National Call-Up

Yeah.. needless to say I went from 17-2 to 17-13 both times..

How you can win 17 out of 19 games and then lose 11 games in a row with having no chance whatsoever also feels broken..

//Edit: of course I stopped trying after 17-11 and gave away both last games either through quitting or rubberbanding.. depending on the human decency of the opponents I got.. not going to quit if I get a croquetta chain after kickoff or a midline shush followed by a chickendance after scoring an OG.. will drag the game out as much as I can if they are being morons..

its all in the spacing. not everyone has time to do so. if they made this even 4 days so like a long weekend even more people will get elite