Manchester United Football Club

Comments

• Brilliant result today! Poor first half which highlighted just how important Pogba is to the team, our midfield without him is bottom half quality and it showed with the difference in how we played when he turned it on. Delighted for James getting a goal his pace will cause defenders a lot of problems this season.
  • Ahmer50x
    18145 posts World Class
    Worth noting the preseason trend carried on. Every goal assisted or scored by an academy graduate today.

Rashford x2
    Pereira-->Martial
    Pogba-->James
  • Ahmer50x wrote: »

Be afraid Prem. Be very afraid.

Goal is Top 4 this year but the youngest side won't settle for that in future seasons.
    How do you rate our chances of top 4? I feel like it’s definitely possible but not going to get too confident.

• TakeItSlow
    7329 posts Big Money Move
    Ahmer50x wrote: »

Goal is Top 4 this year but the youngest side won't settle for that in future seasons.

Please don’t be cringe. First game of the season. Given it at least 10 games before telling the rest of the prem to be scared 😂
  • Ahmer50x
    18145 posts World Class
    TakeFlight wrote: »

How do you rate our chances of top 4? I feel like it’s definitely possible but not going to get too confident.

I had us finishing 4th before a ball was kicked, but I wouldn't rule out 5th.

Can't see us falling below that or going above.
  • TakeItSlow

As always it’ll be united, Arsenal and Spurs fighting for the 3rd/4th spot. United have the weakest side overall imo.
  • Pietu
    2127 posts Fans' Favourite

4th and 5th is between you Arsenal, anything else is over- or underperforming
  • Ahmer50x
    18145 posts World Class
    Pietu wrote: »

4th and 5th is between you Arsenal, anything else is over- or underperforming

I think Spurs are vulnerable and I can see them falling to 5th if Eriksen gets sold.

Ndombele has made a good start and Lo Celso is supposedly quite good but its very early and players often struggle in later months when they come from abroad.
  • TakeItSlow
    Spurs looked dreadful at the back
  • Retro_G
    29159 posts Player of the Year
    TakeItSlow wrote: »

As always it’ll be united, Arsenal and Spurs fighting for the 3rd/4th spot. United have the weakest side overall imo.

You struggled against a Newcastle side who the bookies have as one of the favourites to get relegated this season. There is no sign that your weak mentality away from home won't come back to bite you in the arse against tougher opposition.

Us on the other hand have got off to blistering start, smashed 4 against a team who're renowned for having a good defence, we kept a clean sheet. You aren't fooling anyone by pretending you're getting top 4. We're getting top 4, if you were truthful to yourself, you'd acknowledge our superiority!
  • Keano
    13418 posts Has That Special Something

@El_Nino after seeing that comment in the Chelsea thread ;)
  • Retro_G
    Apollo wrote: »

New wind up celebration for Fifa, get it done @EA!
  • Pietu
    2127 posts Fans' Favourite
    Retro_G wrote: »

You struggled against a Newcastle side who the bookies have as one of the favourites to get relegated this season. There is no sign that your weak mentality away from home won't come back to bite you in the arse against tougher opposition.

Us on the other hand have got off to blistering start, smashed 4 against a team who're renowned for having a good defence, we kept a clean sheet. You aren't fooling anyone by pretending you're getting top 4. We're getting top 4, if you were truthful to yourself, you'd acknowledge our superiority!

You are ignoring the point that they had a heavily rotated team
  • TakeItSlow

You do realise that Tierney, Bellerin, Luiz, Torreira, Ceballos, Ozil, Lacazette, Pepe were all not fit enough to start/injured and you were playing a full strength side?

Our squad is literally better than yours overall, it’s a fact you can’t look past. Depth is far superior.

I haven’t said that any one team is getting top 4. I said it’ll be spurs, United and Arsenal fighting for 3rd and 4th. For some reason you’re being the ignorant one, saying you’re nailed on after one game. Very strange boy.
  • Keano

You do realise that Tierney, Bellerin, Luiz, Torreira, Ceballos, Ozil, Lacazette, Pepe were all not fit enough to start/injured and you were playing a full strength side?

Our squad is literally better than yours overall, it’s a fact you can’t look past. Depth is far superior.

I haven’t said that any one team is getting top 4. I said it’ll be spurs, United and Arsenal fighting for 3rd and 4th. For some reason you’re being the ignorant one, saying you’re nailed on after one game. Very strange boy.

You should know by now who the more level headed fans are & who's up in the clouds, fool you once, fool you twice & all that.
  • TakeItSlow
    Keano wrote: »

You should know by now who the more level headed fans are & who's up in the clouds, fool you once, fool you twice & all that.

Oh yeah I know he’s completely deluded but I didn’t realise he was that bad :joy:
  • Tropicaz XBL
    4308 posts National Call-Up

This forum is a fantastic place
  • Ahmer50x
    18145 posts World Class
    Official website comparing Maguire to Pallister.

No pressure then lad :joy:
  • Retro_G

Pardon, can't hear you all the way down there in 7th place! 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
  • Keano

See him getting emotional, lad deserves his goal.

Fantastic to see Mctominay & him developing a bond.

• Ahmer50x
    18145 posts World Class
    First CS in the Prem since the goalless draw with Liverpool last season.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    31884 posts National Team Captain

Ngl. Chuckled a bit when I saw you mention Luiz, Bellerin, and Ozil with the rest of those players as if they are huge misses.
  • Ahmer50x
    18145 posts World Class

Ngl. Chuckled a bit when I saw you mention Luiz, Bellerin, and Ozil with the rest of those players as if they are huge misses.

Don't think Luiz is much of an upgrade and Ozil is finished but Bellerin is decent and a good upgrade on AMN at RB
  • Gervonta
    3827 posts National Call-Up

Luiz is about a big of a miss as Phil Jones is for us.

• Ahmer50x
    18145 posts World Class
    Looking around the league at the rest of our opponents this month:

Wolves: Credible 0-0 with Leicester away
    Palace: 0-0 at home with 10 man Everton
    Southampton: 3-0 hammering at Burnley

Think next week looks the biggest test. I still think we'll drop points at Wolves.