The Football thread: first TOTW hypeeee

Comments

• Alemas_2012
    15495 posts World Class
    Maguire was actually calling for help for Zouma. :D
  • Hicksy2011
    13104 posts Has That Special Something
    Harry maguire actually signalling to stop the game because of a head injury and the ref just ignores it :joy:
  • JR
    8061 posts League Winner
    Greenwood for the 5th please
  • Tof33z
    6746 posts Big Money Move
    edited August 11
    Nice for the young lad that, chuffed for him
  • Apollo
    14949 posts World Class
    :smirk:
  • Thefranchise92
    3720 posts National Call-Up
    Muzza11 wrote: »
    it’s now all about the A-mount of goals they are gonna concede. “Let’s himself out”

I'll be Frank chelsea are getting lamped here
  • arsenalap
    5122 posts Big Money Move
    Genuinely think Luiz's experience would have made a difference here.

But.. according to Chelsea fans he was 4th choice..
  • Muzza11
    8436 posts League Winner
    Pedro is horrific.
  • Shshj
    4193 posts National Call-Up
    arsenalap wrote: »

Luiz's experience :joy:

Give it a rest.
  • Alemas_2012
    15495 posts World Class
    BTW, if anyone continues to have doubts on VAR and such, there's a very nice thread explaining a lot of its idiosyncrasies... :wink:
  • Muzza11
    8436 posts League Winner

Rudiger would of made it a different game.
  • Hicksy2011
    Anyone else think Chelsea have shot an odd amount today?
    Like they keep shooting when they have numbers forward but the shooter is 25 yards out and off balance or has zero space and the shot is blatantly going to be blocked
  • arsenalap
    Shshj wrote: »

Luiz's experience :joy:

Give it a rest.

This game screams of naivety.. from both sides but United have taken advantage.
  • ccooaattssyy
    7838 posts League Winner
    On this showing, Chelsea are much worse than I thought. There is gaping holes in key areas.

• arsenalap
    Muzza11 wrote: »

Rudiger would of made it a different game.

I agree, any more experience would have helped. It's literally almost a whole new team out there bar CM.
  • ccooaattssyy
    7838 posts League Winner
    *cough £85 million * Maguire has been excellent *cough £85 million*
  • Shshj
    On this showing, Chelsea are much worse than I thought. There is gaping holes in key areas.

Missing a few players but yeah, we're in trouble this season. Tough first season for Frank, we can't sign anyone, we lost Eden.

Maintained all along that we'd do well to finish higher than 6th. Really not sure why so many had United below us in their predictions.
  • EddieFicio
    21760 posts Club Captain

Missing a few players but yeah, we're in trouble this season. Tough first season for Frank, we can't sign anyone, we lost Eden.

Maintained all along that we'd do well to finish higher than 6th. Really not sure why so many had United below us in their predictions.

Can you make signings in January or until the summer?
  • Ashy
    9730 posts League Winner

Trust me not many had Chelsea finishing above Arsenal or Utd
  • ccooaattssyy
    7838 posts League Winner
    Ole's at the wheel and hes shifted into 5th gear.
  • ccooaattssyy
    7838 posts League Winner
    EddieFicio wrote: »

2 windows, so summer I think.
  • Shshj
    EddieFicio wrote: »

CAS has hold of it now, so maybe they'll give us January back but right now we have to wait until this summer.

I don't care much for the winter window anyway, not a lot you can do and most players come at a premium because of the timing.
  • Shshj
    Ashy wrote: »

Trust me not many had Chelsea finishing above Arsenal or Utd

I've seen quite a few with us at 5th and United in 6th. No doubt they were predicting with the context off the pitch in mind, that all changed today.
  • Shaanxz
    20482 posts Club Captain
    Reece James will replace azpi when he’s fit
  • tauras
    3692 posts National Call-Up
    Where's Luiz when you need someone to blame😂
  • Shshj
    Four goals. One was a silly mistake from Zouma, the rest were a combination of being burnt by United's pace on the counter and Azpilicueta being exposed horribly.

These are the same problems we had in defence last season, when Luiz was a starter.
  • ORANGEeffect05
    20987 posts Club Captain
    Four goals. One was a silly mistake from Zouma, the rest were a combination of being burnt by United's pace on the counter and Azpilicueta being exposed horribly.

These are the same problems we had in defence last season, when Luiz was a starter.

When is James meant to be fit?
  • tauras
    3692 posts National Call-Up

So Dave it is then pity Alonso wasn't on😂
  • Hicksy2011
    Enjoying the US twitter meltdown after PUlisic didn’t start
    I think someone mentioned it before the game but it’s gone in to overdrive now they now the result
  • RealM
    5619 posts Big Money Move
    Hazard looking better with #7 instead of #50.