The Football thread: first TOTW hypeeee

Comments

• Manutelli
    18472 posts World Class
    Manutelli wrote: »
    I feel like offside shouldn't be decided by the VAR. Only handballs, red card fouls and possible penalty decisions. Otherwise no.

Why? It’s like the only one it can give full clarity to. What’s not to like about it

I hate everything about the VAR

And, there aren't camera's on every single line so it isn't accurate. The only accurate thing is the goal-line technology.

It’s more accurate than one bloke viewing it in real time and half the time he’s not even in the right place anyway

It is either accurate or it is not accurate. There is nothing in between.

So 5 camera angles, the ability to watch it countless times and slow it down to frame by frame is just as accurate to you as 1 man getting to watch it in real time

I said, it is either accurate or it is not accurate. Having 5 camera's which are all not on the same line doesn't make it accurate.
  • LFC Simon 98
    16675 posts World Class
    Shshj wrote: »
    What's everyone's thoughts on a challenge system like those in Tennis and Cricket?

E.g. every team has one challenge per half to refer to VAR if they believe a decision is incorrect. If they're right then the decision is overturned and they get their challenge back, if they're not then the decision stands and they lose their challenge for the half.

Just trying to think of ways in which we can stop VAR from becoming too overwhelming in certain games.

Like this a lot more than what it is. Maybe get it to once per game and you only get the chance to use it when the ball is out of play. Once the play continues you can't challenge the thing that happened before the ball was played out.

In this game VAR took of a goal that was offside. Gave clarity to one that was inside and let the ref get the penalty retaken because of encroachment. I don’t understand why you wouldn’t like it
  • Dan is Clutch
    24626 posts Club Captain
    Well, we almost had them.
  • Manutelli
    18472 posts World Class
    Shshj wrote: »
    What's everyone's thoughts on a challenge system like those in Tennis and Cricket?

E.g. every team has one challenge per half to refer to VAR if they believe a decision is incorrect. If they're right then the decision is overturned and they get their challenge back, if they're not then the decision stands and they lose their challenge for the half.

Just trying to think of ways in which we can stop VAR from becoming too overwhelming in certain games.

Like this a lot more than what it is. Maybe get it to once per game and you only get the chance to use it when the ball is out of play. Once the play continues you can't challenge the thing that happened before the ball was played out.

In this game VAR took of a goal that was offside. Gave clarity to one that was inside and let the ref get the penalty retaken because of encroachment. I don’t understand why you wouldn’t like it

Because there are also a lot of things that happen which are bounded to the refs interpretation. So or everything is judged accurate and no room for interpretation or just quit this VAR
  • Gyan_33
    28930 posts Player of the Year

Unlucky wires
  • Tof33z
    6429 posts Big Money Move

City is a free hit. Think you'll have a good season
  • Gyan_33
    28930 posts Player of the Year
    City are so good it's making me kinda sad
  • Dan is Clutch
    24626 posts Club Captain
    Tof33z wrote: »

City is a free hit. Think you'll have a good season

Not overly fussed. Simply can't compete with a team that good. Not many can. Shame we gave up and just let them score to destroy the g/d but oh well.
  • Dan is Clutch
    24626 posts Club Captain
    Think I’m going to get bored of the constant VAR talk after games.
  • Azof
    16404 posts World Class
    Think I’m going to get bored of the constant VAR talk after games.

People stuck in the past.
  • Orison
    47703 posts FIFA Cover Star
    VAR makes sense in a few instances. It makes the game worse in a lot of others.
  • RealM
    5295 posts Big Money Move
    I mean, the years and years of people crying over decisions being wrong kind of led to this so.
  • Crossland
    7569 posts League Winner
    RealM wrote: »
    I mean, the years and years of people crying over decisions being wrong kind of led to this so.

Very true I think VAR is working fantasticly the only problem with it is the disruption to the flow of the game but that can't be helped,were getting 100% correct decisions for the first time ever it's fantastic
  • ccooaattssyy
    6935 posts Big Money Move
    That wind tho at Crystal Palace
  • Crossland
    7569 posts League Winner
    That wind tho at Crystal Palace

Lucky Klopp and Liverpool aren't playing there today 😂😂😂
  • maymanpele
    14389 posts Has That Special Something
    When did they let championship teams play in the bpl? Was city even trying?
  • PelzyWelzy
    9320 posts League Winner
    2 down today after 18 minutes...

We’ve been lucky not to be relegated last two seasons. Not gonna get away with it for a third time on this evidence.
  • Färjestad
    2117 posts Fans' Favourite
    Potter is the best coach in the league
  • Tof33z
    6429 posts Big Money Move
    Schneiderlin you useless moron. He's bloody awful
  • jenksiee123
    21222 posts Club Captain
    G'wan Billy Sharp
  • PelzyWelzy
    9320 posts League Winner
    Billy Sharp scoring in the PL - never thought I’d see the day.
  • jenksiee123
    21222 posts Club Captain
    Took that very well
  • chaser2k15
    13374 posts Has That Special Something
    Spurs need eriksen on.
  • A midfield of winks, ndombele and sissoko against villa, just why? No creativity at all.
  • Crossland
    7569 posts League Winner
    edited August 10
    chaser2k15 wrote: »
    Spurs need eriksen on.

Why Is he dropped ? Cause he wants to leave ?
    Spurs looking their normal awful self 😂
  • Hicksy2011
    12883 posts Has That Special Something
    Took that very well

Can’t repeat this for Kane
  • LFC Simon 98
    16675 posts World Class
    Hicksy2011 wrote: »
    Took that very well

Can’t repeat this for Kane

It is August tbf
  • Ashy