Chelsea Football Club

Comments

• Tropicaz XBL
    4601 posts National Call-Up
    edited August 2019
    El_Nino wrote: »
    Agreed that Luiz left because he wasn't in Lampard's plans however we are without a doubt a bigger club than Chelsea.

Based on what exactly?

We've got a bigger stadium, miles better history, and a larger global following than you have. Added to that a better manager and a better squad.

You've only been relevant for the past 10 years, solely based to Russian oil money. :D
  • Indrit
    1966 posts Play-Off Hero
    Agreed that Luiz left because he wasn't in Lampard's plans however we are without a doubt a bigger club than Chelsea.

Based on what exactly?

We've got a bigger stadium, miles better history, and a larger global following than you have. Added to that a better manager and a better squad.

You've only been relevant for the past 10 years, solely based to Russian oil money. :D

15 years now, keep up
  • Shshj
    14347 posts Has That Special Something
    So basically Luiz didn't fancy competing with Zouma and Tomori for the second CB spot. Nice management from Frank.

• Shshj
    Kepa
    Azpilicueta - Christensen - Zouma - Emerson
    Kante - Jorginho
    Pulisic - Barkley - Pedro
    Michy/Tammy

What I'd like to see today. Nothing in it between the three strikers but I'd save Giroud to bring on if we're searching for a goal.
  • El_Nino
    10451 posts Has That Special Something
    Shshj wrote: »
    Kepa
    Kante - Jorginho
    Michy/Tammy

What I'd like to see today. Nothing in it between the three strikers but I'd save Giroud to bring on if we're searching for a goal.
    Not impossible that we start Mount either.
    But I’d expect it to be Barkley/Tammy starting
  • Sellish
    10206 posts Has That Special Something
    The day is finally here.

I guess you're looking forward to OGS vs Lamps as the first game just as much as the United fans do?
  • Shshj
    Kepa
    Kante - Jorginho
    Michy/Tammy

I wouldn't mind either Mount or Barkley, another position where there's nothing between the two. They've both impressed in pre-season.
  • El_Nino
    Kepa
    Kante - Jorginho
    Michy/Tammy

I wouldn't mind either Mount or Barkley, another position where there's nothing between the two. They've both impressed in pre-season.
    Yeah I’d agree completely, I think I’d edge Barkley as there’s slightly more goal threat from him I feel, but maybe that’s doing Mount a disservice, he took some chances really well in pre season.

• finsfan85
    14167 posts Has That Special Something
    Possibly Mount starting over Barkley...

• El_Nino
    finsfan85 wrote: »

Fair enough if so, he’s earned the right tbf.

And it would help my FPL aha.
  • El_Nino
    edited August 2019

I’ve seen rumour on Twitter it’ll be Mount in over Pedro or Pulisic actually apposed to Barkley

• Ahmer50x
    31657 posts National Team Captain
    I’ve seen rumour on Twitter it’ll be Mount in over Pedro or Pulisic actually apposed to Barkley

I thought Mount was a CAM?
  • finsfan85

That’s a possibility as well. We have seen Mount played on the wing during the preseason, and Lampard did talk about possibly playing both Barkley and Mount together. I just hope that Pulisic starts too.
  • El_Nino

That’s a possibility as well. We have seen Mount played on the wing during the preseason, and Lampard did talk about possibly playing both Barkley and Mount together. I just hope that Pulisic starts too.

We need Pulisic to give our attack some pace, Mount over Pedro is be okay with tbh.

@Ahmer50x he’s more naturally a central player but like most these days can comfortably float across the attacking midfield be it central or wide.
  • Ahmer50x

We need Pulisic to give our attack some pace, Mount over Pedro is be okay with tbh.

@Ahmer50x he’s more naturally a central player but like most these days can comfortably float across the attacking midfield be it central or wide.

I know it’s not gonna happen but I really wish Ole would pick Gomes and Greenwood today.

It would be so cool to see them VS Mount and Abraham in the Prem on opening day.
  • Retro_G
    33023 posts National Team Captain
    Ahmer50x wrote: »

I know it’s not gonna happen but I really wish Ole would pick Gomes and Greenwood today.

It would be so cool to see them VS Mount and Abraham in the Prem on opening day.

It's a perfect opportunity for Ole to use youth, because Lampard should be selecting young players today.
  • Ahmer50x
    Pulisic on NBC, asked about his favorite footballer of all time: “Luis Figo”
  • finsfan85
    Why does David Luiz look like he aged 20 years in the few days since he transferred to Arsenal? :joy:
  • Ahmer50x
    Why does David Luiz look like he aged 20 years in the few days since he transferred to Arsenal? :joy:

Must've watched AFTV and realized what he was getting himself into
  • finsfan85
    29 minutes until Lampard’s first starting XI of the season
  • El_Nino
    Pulisic benched, not sure I’m a fan of that. Not a lot of pace in our team with him.
  • Mike
    10550 posts Has That Special Something
    Awful team. Anything less than a 4-0 win for United is an embarrassment
  • Ahmer50x
    Why has fat frank benched Pulisic? :open_mouth:
  • Gervonta
    4235 posts National Call-Up

What formation do you think you’ll be going with? Mount out wide ?
  • finsfan85

Delete
  • Pietu
    12719 posts Has That Special Something

Delete

Childish