The English Football League Lounge 2019/20

Comments

• Dizzy Bala
    3658 posts National Call-Up
    WFCBagnall wrote: »
    I'm not predicting our ratings after last years malarkey

Look at it this way, least your players are being paid.
  • Lard_Lad
    12608 posts Has That Special Something
    Lard_Lad wrote: »
    Mo Besic signed, not really to sure what to think

Needs to get his head out of his backside and perform every game like he is capable of.

Sounds perfect for Wilder then.
  • Alastair
    10018 posts Moderator
    @Alastair admiteddly I haven't kept up with the North much this summer buyt what's up with Bradford PA?

Playoffs last season but started off with b2b 5-0 losses

@Andy99TradeZ

Not sure what happened tbh.

This happened a couple of days ago though.

That’s got to be some kind of record.
  • GoodnightIrene
    3317 posts National Call-Up
    Just a reminder as there are often newer faces each season in this lobby, but we have a fantasy premier league.

Last chance to join pals, 12 so far, code is: 2o1dq7
  • GoodnightIrene
    3317 posts National Call-Up
    I’ll give whoever is in charge of transfers at B.City credit where credit is due, they sure know how to get good transfer fees for their players.
  • BristolMDF
    147 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    16-FDBA4-D-4-B95-44-E2-829-B-C5-FC54-C5-D860.jpg
  • BristolMDF
    And to put the icing on the cake apparently we paid £2.7m for the kid from Monaco not the €8m reported in the French press.
  • iHilarious
    13057 posts Has That Special Something
    Mark Ashton is King
  • Hicksy2011
    12821 posts Has That Special Something
    Rumours we are trying to sign Herbie Kane on loan
    I reserve comment because ill get too excited if I accept the possibility of this happening
  • wheelerdeeler
    5981 posts Big Money Move
    Very happy with this. Not expecting him to be starting tomorrow, but I genuinely think he could have a proper breakthrough over the next year or two.
  • AtomicOdin
    1134 posts Professional
    New 3rd kit been released today. Gets its first outing away to Grimsby tomorrow. Players shouldnt have any problems picking each other out in it :D

• Dizzy Bala
    3658 posts National Call-Up
    Some of our fans are absolutely clueless. They are using the signings of Nketiah, Austin, Afobe and Rooney as examples of where clubs are going right and we are going wrong.

They conveniently forget that
    - West Brom have just sold Rondon, Dawson and Rodriguez for about £25m. They also have parachute payments.
    - Leeds have sold Jansson, Clarke and Roofe for about £22m.
    - Bristol City have made about £30m.
    - Rooney is practically a sponsored signing by 32Bet and Derby just sold their stadium.

By comparison, we got about £5m for Osborn and the rest. We have no parachute payments. We also kept Lolley, Carvalho and Grabban.

Would any of those strikers have wanted to come to Forest to fight for their place even if we could of afforded them? Hell no.
  • Lard_Lad
    5m for Osborn? You wish, 3.5m maybe rising to 5m.

Norwich’s approach of having no defence not quite paying off this year. It’s ballsy going for it in every game but surely they need to understand no one would look down on them for going defensive at Anfield.
  • Ahmer50x
    17159 posts World Class
    5m for Osborn? You wish, 3.5m maybe rising to 5m.

Norwich’s approach of having no defence not quite paying off this year. It’s ballsy going for it in every game but surely they need to understand no one would look down on them for going defensive at Anfield.

Don't think they realize the yellow isn't meant to be butter.
  • wheelerdeeler
    5981 posts Big Money Move
    Game was done after 20 minutes. Perfect advert for the Prem really. And this is before Norwich have started getting battered every week and lost their confidence like we did. At least we gave Spurs a decent game in August last season.
  • Hicksy2011
    12821 posts Has That Special Something
    98% of people have *ahem* “predicted” that we win this weekend according to some bloke called Victor who gets people to *ahem* predict results
    I’d like to thank the whole country for guaranteeing us a big fat L tomorrow
  • They Caged Non
    4353 posts National Call-Up
    Game was done after 20 minutes. Perfect advert for the Prem really. And this is before Norwich have started getting battered every week and lost their confidence like we did. At least we gave Spurs a decent game in August last season.

Yet half the fans in our division still pine for it, absolute joke of a competition.

• WFCBagnall
    69451 posts Moderator
    10 days ago we had sold 3,000 for today's game and our chairman challenged us to double it.

10 days later, apparently 5,600 sold with more to pay on the day.

Sold out last week and will take well over 1600 next week.

Unbelievable effort.
  • WFCBagnall
    69451 posts Moderator
    ooD423a.jpg

:joy:
  • They Caged Non
    Can’t wait for today. See you at 5 when we have been tanked 3-0 and reality sets in :D
  • Lard_Lad
    Very excited for today. Win lose or draw we’re back in the prem, teams like Bournemouth and Burnley are we who we have to emulate if we want to stay up. Norwich showed last night how tough it’s going to be.
  • Lard_Lad
    My prediction for this season, Ravel Morrison to be worth £20m plus next summer.
  • Lard_Lad
    Given that it is highly likely that our team will be full British and Irish today, I wonder who the last team to have this was, Burnley potentially although they throw in the odd Icelandic her and there and Ashley barnes is apparently Austrian.
  • They Caged Non
    My prediction for this season, Ravel Morrison to be worth £20m plus next summer.

The only way he will be worth 20m is from smuggling coke into the country.

• BristolMDF
    Up the blades!
  • They Caged Non
    edited August 10
    Given that it is highly likely that our team will be full British and Irish today, I wonder who the last team to have this was, Burnley potentially although they throw in the odd Icelandic her and there and Ashley barnes is apparently Austrian.

We once fielded a side against Fulham that were all born within 20 miles of the stadium.. and if Morrison hadn’t defected to Scotland they would have all been English.

But yeah it’s some achievement these days to do that Lard.

• Alastair
    10018 posts Moderator
    Forget the EFL, the biggest competition in English football starts this weekend? Which match is everyone most looking forward to?

I might watch the 12:30 match today on BBC. Punjab United v Broadbridge Heath from ‘Elite Venue’.
  • They Caged Non
    Alastair wrote: »
    Forget the EFL, the biggest competition in English football starts this weekend? Which match is everyone most looking forward to?

I might watch the 12:30 match today on BBC. Punjab United v Broadbridge Heath from ‘Elite Venue’.

Kabadi?

• Alastair
    10018 posts Moderator
    Alastair wrote: »

Kabadi?

Sadly this isn’t such a high standard competition, it’s the Football Association Challenge Cup aka the FA Cup.