The Football thread: first TOTW hypeeee

Comments

• MarkFromNorwich
    3124 posts National Call-Up
    Färjestad wrote: »
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    £40M for Iwobi :lol:

He’s a good lad but his end product is terrible. Auba and Laca new contracts as well. You have to say this is probably the best window in the emirates era for us.

You still haven't signed a player for the position you really needed (Luiz still not announced)

They've signed Saliba and Luiz, hope this helps.
  • Färjestad
    3381 posts National Call-Up

He’s a good lad but his end product is terrible. Auba and Laca new contracts as well. You have to say this is probably the best window in the emirates era for us.

You still haven't signed a player for the position you really needed (Luiz still not announced)

Luiz doesn’t count :lol:

He does.
  • TakeItSlow
    9360 posts League Winner

You’re always a negative nancy.

Signed 4 out of 5 of our main targets. Can now go back in for Upamecano in jan or next summer.

Best window of the emirates era. No questions.
  • UM4R
    4561 posts Moderator
    UM4R wrote: »
    Tbh not even surprised at how bad our transfer window was.

I'm pretty sure I commented here saying it will be a **** show before it even opened

Judge needs to be replaced. A DoF needs to ACTUALLY be appointed. And Ed needs to just focus on commercial side. Transfer's since Judge has taken over transfers have taken far too long to complete which is pretty inexcusable given the age of technology we live in with pretty much all the methods of communication we have. Feels like Judge communicates with the selling club once a week.

Club is a shambles behind the scene

Woodward didn't go preseason tour to sort out transfers. Tour finishes and he was still trying to finalise the maguire deal. So that like 3 weeks trying to get one players like what the ❤️❤️❤️❤️.

Leaving us once again relying on Pogba for all our creativity. The fact we can start a season with our cms options being Pog, matic, mctominay, perreira and Fred is criminal

Matic not good enough
    Mctominay honestly don't see him as some one good enough to be first choice (somehow some fans do :confused:)
    Perierra hasn't been given enough chances/ jury is still out
    Fred don't even know
  • Alemas_2012
    21350 posts Club Captain
    Pogba will have to be forced to stay, in the end.
    With the club not being able to sign any replacements, he's their only creative outlet.
    Letting him go now would be absolute suicide.
  • Keano
    19777 posts World Class

I'm pretty sure I commented here saying it will be a **** show before it even opened

Judge needs to be replaced. A DoF needs to ACTUALLY be appointed. And Ed needs to just focus on commercial side. Transfer's since Judge has taken over transfers have taken far too long to complete which is pretty inexcusable given the age of technology we live in with pretty much all the methods of communication we have. Feels like Judge communicates with the selling club once a week.

Woodward didn't go preseason tour to sort out transfers. Tour finishes and he was still trying to finalise the maguire deal. So that like 3 weeks trying to get one players like what the ****.

Leaving us once again relying on Pogba for all our creativity. The fact we can start a season with our cms options being Pog, matic, mctominay, perreira and Fred is criminal

Matic not good enough
    Mctominay honestly don't see him as some one good enough to be first choice (somehow some fans do :confused:)
    Fred don't even know

If you have 2 top players in that midfield three than the last position can be sort of carried in a sense but yeah we only have 1/3 filled with a class player.

mctominay works hard & could be good but is still young, Matic's legs have gone & he should be a back up at best... (but to who??), Fred is still trying to fit in & Pereira is inconsistent .

question marks over everyone there except Pogba.
  • Bobo23
    3309 posts National Call-Up
    Arsenal would have been better off signing Gary Cahill on a free than David Luiz.

While I appreciate what David Luiz has won with us (Chelsea) he's a calamity at the back. My heart will be a little safer for the season ahead knowing he's not playing!
  • Keano
    19777 posts World Class
    Bobo23 wrote: »
    Arsenal would have been better off signing Gary Cahill on a free than David Luiz.

While I appreciate what David Luiz has won with us (Chelsea) he's a calamity at the back. My heart will be a little safer for the season ahead knowing he's not playing!

That's the thing, he can be great but he's also got the ability to not even show up at games & gift wins for free.

Great business that. Everton wanted someone in to complete the Richarlison - Keane - Iwobi attack.
  • Alemas_2012
    21350 posts Club Captain
    Keano wrote: »

That's the thing, he can be great but he's also got the ability to not even show up at games & gift wins for free.

That's an inordinate amount of power a player has...
  • UM4R
    4561 posts Moderator

Wait what? To help solve there cb issues Arsenal should've signed someone who hasn't player in like a year :lol:

Luiz is better than Cahill, and personally think it's a very shrewd short time sign
  • Färjestad
    Cahill would be a better signing than Luiz? Ha
  • ccooaattssyy
    16373 posts World Class
    Mustafi could still leave yet
  • Keano
    19777 posts World Class

That's an inordinate amount of power a player has...

That's just David Luiz's power.
  • ccooaattssyy
    16373 posts World Class
    edited August 2019
    Lacazette
    Aubameyang Ozil Pepe
    Torreira Xhaka
    Tierney Luiz Sokratis Bellerin
    Leno

Solid imo

• TakeItSlow
    9360 posts League Winner
    Mustafi and Elneny will go
  • ORANGEeffect05
    27427 posts Player of the Year
    Lacazette
    Aubameyang Ozil Pepe
    Torreira Xhaka
    Leno

Solid imo

Very solid :+1:
  • ccooaattssyy
    16373 posts World Class
    Lacazette
    Aubameyang Ozil Pepe
    Torreira Xhaka
    Leno

Solid imo

Decent depth too. Maybe a bit light up top.
  • mjs4p
    12305 posts Has That Special Something
    Lacazette
    Aubameyang Ozil Pepe
    Torreira Xhaka
    Leno

Solid imo

Yeah, it will be fun to watch at least.
  • EddieFicio
    22914 posts Club Captain
    edited August 2019
    Cahill hasnt played a competitive match in almost a year now, might be wrong but Sarri froze him out iirc

United-.

-Sold Lukaku, signed no replacement
    -Kept an unmotivated Pogba
    - didnt sign Bruno
    - Didn't sign Dybala
    - Didn't sign SMS
    - Spent like £150m and have an okay cb, a defensive fullback and a championship player to show for it.

Somehow I think they managed to have a worse transfer window than transfer banned Chelsea.
  • ccooaattssyy
    16373 posts World Class
    Can’t players still leave? Or is the European window closed?
  • Färjestad

Only PL
  • EddieFicio
    22914 posts Club Captain
    edited August 2019

They can leave to other countries. Italy france and Spain go till the end of the month, they cant be replaced or swapped though.
  • Caspertjuh
    2429 posts Fans' Favourite

Great business that. Everton wanted someone in to complete the Richarlison - Keane - Iwobi attack.

@Gyan_33, bet you did see this one coming, eventually.
  • ccooaattssyy
    16373 posts World Class
    EddieFicio wrote: »

They can leave to other countries. Italy france and Spain go till the end of the month, they cant be replaced or swapped though.

Could see Pogba forcing out tho
  • ORANGEeffect05
    27427 posts Player of the Year
    Lacazette
    Aubameyang Ozil Pepe
    Torreira Xhaka
    Leno

Solid imo

Decent depth too. Maybe a bit light up top.

North London did well this summer my lad
  • Gyan_33
    41637 posts International Superstar
    Caspertjuh wrote: »

What do you mean?
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    34126 posts National Team Captain

Woodward didn't go preseason tour to sort out transfers. Tour finishes and he was still trying to finalise the maguire deal. So that like 3 weeks trying to get one players like what the ****.

Matic not good enough
    Fred don't even know

Well if all the reports and rumors are to be correct. Judge handles all the negotiating and contracts, Woodward just signs the check. It wasn't until Judge was appointed to that role that the time it took to complete transfers dramatically increased, that can't be a coincidence.

I agree. We are desperate for a midfielder. We can only hope that Pogba remains professional and OGS can keep him motivated despite wanting a move, and that hopefully we can bring in a midfielder this Jan. I agree with what you said about everyone else. Mctominay works hard and has the right attitude, but I'm not sure how big of an impact he will have. I think Pereira can step into the Pogba role should he get injured or whatever, but I don't think he'd have as big of an impact as Pogba typically has. I'd like to see Gomes get a few chances at the number 10 role. Mata goes missing too often there and Lingard simply runs around like a headless chicken.
  • Gazza
    5249 posts Big Money Move
    United to finish 7th.
  • Caspertjuh
    2429 posts Fans' Favourite
    Gyan_33 wrote: »
    Caspertjuh wrote: »

What do you mean?

He just called Moise Kean, Keane. Thats even worse than the ceballos shambles