Prime Gullit any regrets?

Danielb
919 posts Professional
edited August 2019
Anyone spent forever to get him then wondered why they bothered?

Comments

• Gnomenclature
    5475 posts Big Money Move
    Are you playing him at CDM? He's wasted there... Put him in a cm role with get forward instructions or play him at center cam. He's excellent...
  • Danielb
    919 posts Professional
    I havent got him yet i just think if i emptied my club i can do him i just dont want to to find i regret it.
  • Gnomenclature
    5475 posts Big Money Move
    Well, you will most likely pack at least a dozen tots a long the way. Game is mostly finished, I'd just get him.

He's the only player I don't rotate out of my squad. He's better than any tots midfielder I've used. Futties pogba is great, but gullit is the best.
  • Royboy
    740 posts Semi-Pro
    Do it, you have a chance of regretting with any icons or even any players, but gullit shares the least risk probably
  • Jeremy295
    645 posts Semi-Pro
    I started with 800k and untradables and ended up with 1.6mil and Gullit, good time to do It! I do not regret it one bit
  • Jonboyparker
    5690 posts Big Money Move
    edited August 2019
    No. Most complete player and can run the midfield. You notice him every game
  • Lackosweat
    6824 posts Big Money Move
    The best overall player in the FIFA history.
  • Keepthechange
    1666 posts Play-Off Hero
    No not at all, the most dominant midfielder I've used in any FIFA.
  • Poolstu123
    785 posts Semi-Pro
    Best (obtainable) midfielder on the game
  • Amdp9
    4642 posts National Call-Up
    CM or CAM , If you play 4-1-2-1-2(2) play him at CM with instructions of stay forward, OR 4-2-3-1 play him at CAM stay forward and let him be you will see his magic
  • fc_tosno
    280 posts Sunday League Hero
    did him starting with 200k in 2 days. Never been so easy
  • DanValletta
    1555 posts Play-Off Hero
    Yes.

I did him and played him a whole weekend league in heavy delay with nothing to boost his agility or pace.

I hated the card at first. He kept getting caught on the ball and turning like a truck.

Then when I got good gameplay and put a shadow on him. He became something else.

Don't get me wrong he isn't going to win you games at this stage like he did before tots. Most people have him now aswell.
    If you are looking for a top player and not bothered about doing anyone else just go for it. There is no better midfielder. That can be obtained easily anyway.
  • Juked By Neymar
    3456 posts National Call-Up
    I kinda regret it because I like his 90 card better :| but the SBC ended up being cheaper than the 90 for me so whatever.
  • ozcs_69
    3960 posts National Call-Up
    Prime Gullit and Prime Veiera are not big deals this year, due to gameplay and excess of high rated players in game atm, but last year, they were a head and shoulder higher than everyone else... but if i wanted to have a Gullit or Veiera, this year, i would go for mid version of both of them, cheaper and more efficient
  • Danielb
    919 posts Professional
    Yes.

I did him and played him a whole weekend league in heavy delay with nothing to boost his agility or pace.

I hated the card at first. He kept getting caught on the ball and turning like a truck.

Then when I got good gameplay and put a shadow on him. He became something else.

Don't get me wrong he isn't going to win you games at this stage like he did before tots. Most people have him now aswell.
    If you are looking for a top player and not bothered about doing anyone else just go for it. There is no better midfielder. That can be obtained easily anyway.

Its him or Maldini ? Im torn as Maldini was my hero as a kid but then so was Gullit so im conflicted now. I think both play well especially when i play against them.
    If i go Maldini i have TOTS Cancelo and Koulibaly FB Sandro.
  • iRusty_yo
    4011 posts National Call-Up
    ozcs_69 wrote: »
    Prime Gullit and Prime Veiera are not big deals this year, due to gameplay and excess of high rated players in game atm, but last year, they were a head and shoulder higher than everyone else... but if i wanted to have a Gullit or Veiera, this year, i would go for mid version of both of them, cheaper and more efficient

This.

Only upgraded to Prime Gullit only because i was able to sell the mid Gullit and complete the prime for cheaper.

I like both cards but the mid Gullit is more than enough
  • S-Dog
    2784 posts Fans' Favourite
    What's his best position in a 4231? Just completed him myself
  • Jonboyparker
    5690 posts Big Money Move
    S-Dog wrote: »
    What's his best position in a 4231? Just completed him myself

CDM.

He’s good at CAM but there are better, more agile cams which is more important in that position.

At CDM he can dictate play and still join in attacks.
  • Diggy
    14539 posts Has That Special Something
    No Gullit is the best all round player in the game
  • IAIK7
    3489 posts National Call-Up
    Prime Gullit will improve any midfield that doesn't already have him.
  • treddy
    164 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    He is the best player in the game.. But if u got a weak team, at current prices, those coins can be used to build a great team rather than going for 1 best player
  • Danielb
    919 posts Professional
    IAIK7 wrote: »

Would slot nicely in my Serie A sorry Calcio A team replacing Allan and in my Bundesliga replacing Alaba futties. Im just gutted its not until now that i can do it.
  • Danielb
    919 posts Professional
    treddy wrote: »
    He is the best player in the game.. But if u got a weak team, at current prices, those coins can be used to build a great team rather than going for 1 best player

Hes a luxury i hold onto players like im gonna use them and hoard them i have a full Tots team in Bundesliga and Some great players in BPL and Liga 1 so now its about enjoyment.
    I still feel sick about doing so much for a untradeable.
  • IAIK7
    3489 posts National Call-Up
    Danielb wrote: »
    IAIK7 wrote: »

Would slot nicely in my Serie A sorry Calcio A team replacing Allan and in my Bundesliga replacing Alaba futties. Im just gutted its not until now that i can do it.

Get him done.
  • Maluku-AK
    67 posts Park Captain
    Not really regretting him but would've preferred doing others first. As I'm playing 442 he ain't great in the midfield. Or maybe I'm expecting more of him there. So now he's my left back...
    He ain't the gullit he was last year.
  • treddy
    164 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Danielb wrote: »
    treddy wrote: »

Hes a luxury i hold onto players like im gonna use them and hoard them i have a full Tots team in Bundesliga and Some great players in BPL and Liga 1 so now its about enjoyment.
    I still feel sick about doing so much for a untradeable.

Then u should do him man... What's the point having so much coins if you can't enjoy the best player in the game
  • SPN1987
    2203 posts Fans' Favourite
    He obviously doesn't stand out like before with all the high rated cards put in the game over time. I'm not sure exactly what ppl expect.