The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.
------------------
Note: The SBCs issue has been resolved, details posted on this thread in a tweet from FIFA Direct Communication.

New Patch Disaster

silverdale10
1460 posts Play-Off Hero
Downloaded the new patch that supposedly fixes responsiveness, went back to wired to see how it would play. As bad as I've ever known. Passing (90+ rated players) going 180 off in direction, players not locking on to the ball. The incompetence of this company knows no bounds.

Comments

• Had no troubles at all.
  • SStubbs88
    216 posts Sunday League Hero
    I’ve had the total wrong direction passing all day but have had lag in every game since i installed the patch. None in the games before it.
  • FifaProDK
    816 posts Semi-Pro
    One person says it's good anothers it's bad. It must be hard working for EA.
  • Pablofsi08
    460 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited August 2019
    The existance of servers in this game is the issue. All optimizations EA introduces will be minor and will do almost nothing to help, or make things much worse for some people and just a little, little better for others at the same time, pretty bad trade if you ask me. I feel bad for EA trying to row on milk jam. Playing under servers which give you double input delay adding that extra hop and back and forth communication when it could be just one way efficient on P2P causes all these issues and they cannot be mitigated. It's the reason EA has failed over 5 or 6 patches to supposedly 'improve responsiveness' (I repeat again input delay is doubled because of the existance of servers themselves) when the model is what's wrong. You can't revolve on something that is flawed and expect to make it way better. It's like repeating an error expecting a completely different result.

None of you should expect responsiveness to significantly improve ever or the game to become playable if it has unplayable lag/delay right now as long as the only option to connect are servers and you being redirected to far away servers.
  • silverdale10
    1460 posts Play-Off Hero
    Just played on a terrible wi-fi connection, less than 0.5mb ds. Won 3-1, no lag other than speed up occassionally.

"You don't know what you're doing, you don't know what you're doing"
  • tworaf
    407 posts An Exciting Prospect
    its much better for me now, check your comnection
  • silverdale10
    1460 posts Play-Off Hero
    tworaf wrote: »

Like nobody thinks to do that, christ.

Better connection gets punished. Compensation lag favours the poorer connection. Nothing has changed apart from that one week when they reversed it.
  • tworaf
    407 posts An Exciting Prospect
    tworaf wrote: »

Like nobody thinks to do that, christ.

Better connection gets punished. Compensation lag favours the poorer connection. Nothing has changed apart from that one week when they reversed it.

I have hard wired fibre to my xbox one and no one uses the internet with me so no bufferbloat.

the game is responsive again now. I can actually dribble and defend. So Im quite happy. its not flawless but a huge improvement from how it was the past 3 weeks.
  • DavidTrezeguet
    30 posts Last Pick at the Park
    edited August 2019
    After the August update, I played many online games, no lag, no gamepad delay, no disconnections.
    Everything works perfectly.
    I must say that even before the update I never had any major problems.

To play flawlessly online:
    for example I use Comodo Firewall, so I only allow FIFA 19 connections in / out,
    so I don't allow connections for everything else, while playing online.
    In this way, online performance is stable and efficient.
    Make sure you disable any Antivirus auto update, auto scan or scheduled scans,
    that could start during a match.
    I also suggest disabling Windows Update temporarily.

I also made / written a small C ++ tool, so before playing online,
    with a click it allows me to optimize Windows by deactivating unnecessary functions and services.

Often the fault is not of EA, but the problems are often connected to a bad optimization / configuration of the PC.

This post refers to FIFA19 PC.
    Bye
  • DanValletta
    1555 posts Play-Off Hero
    Forgive me but, a new patch today?
  • Ishibum
    13145 posts Has That Special Something
    1.8gb no less!

Just tried and my God, I cannot do anything now. Even less responsive than before. I'm just glad this game is basically done
  • Pablofsi08
    Ishibum wrote: »
    1.8gb no less!

Just tried and my God, I cannot do anything now. Even less responsive than before. I'm just glad this game is basically done

Yeah but I've got bad news for you. If the netcode is still unoptimized and there's no P2P option when 20 launches this is how you will feel Fifa 20 because the netcode updates carry over. They are not going to rewrite this part of the game at all just use it again.
  • JustAOnePost
    26 posts Last Pick at the Park
    I've been slowing my Internet connection purposely to get more fair gameplay. 70MB connection gave me feeling like game picks who is going to win but leaving on between 0.5-1MB made me feel like I can control game better and what's important myou players made runs to the box.
  • SStubbs88
    216 posts Sunday League Hero
    Pretty much unplayable for me. I press tackle and either nothing happens or 2 seconds later they tackle and give away a foul. I’ve had more yellow cards today than probably in the last 3 months.
  • Ishibum
    13145 posts Has That Special Something
    Pablofsi08 wrote: »
    1.8gb no less!

Yeah but I've got bad news for you. If the netcode is still unoptimized and there's no P2P option when 20 launches this is how you will feel Fifa 20 because the netcode updates carry over. They are not going to rewrite this part of the game at all just use it again.

Thankfully, I'm not going near 20. Too many mess ups and a total lack of communication from the company about it.
  • D Heleteli
    818 posts Semi-Pro
    Inconsistent gameplay, there before every patch and still there after every patch. Until they fix inconsistent gameplay, any change to responsiveness is irrelevant.
  • Knowlesdinho
    11896 posts Has That Special Something
    Only had one case of speed up lag...other than that, it’s fine.
  • cantonagod
    510 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I was on fire yesterday - today since the patch I am absolutely awful - shooting especially
  • Pablofsi08
    Look at all the lag, delay and jitter reports EA, just give us an option to assume responsibility for our connections directly and that will solve all these issues. That will allow each person to assume blame for their lag or delay (provided you also include matchmaking filters for lowest latency, punish people who are lagging on purpose, give us a reconnect feature, educate people on how to optimize connections in-game and on social media/web pages. Give us an option to use P2P with a warning: you use this at your responsibility, and/or develop a way to mask IPs from Windows so DoS kiddies can't look at them. Only way to solve this whole endless mess.
  • silverdale10
    1460 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited August 2019
    Curiously, when I have a really bad connection and the bars at matchup are red or orange, people don't back out. Presumably they only see the state of their own connection (green bars), or maybe they don't care/don't bother looking.

Even with a bad connection, the games vary. Sometimes it's super smooth, next game it's stop/start/speed up to the point that neither of us can play properly and occasionally I get kicked. I'd much rather play wired because it's a hassle taking the PS4 out from under the TV with all the wires and stuff and then having to put it back again. It's crazy that I'm having to do this.

Connection won't be the only thing that causes lag either, they need to seriously re-think the high press because that only adds to the farce in a laggy game.
  • Pablofsi08
    edited August 2019
    Curiously, when I have a really bad connection and the bars at matchup are red or orange, people don't back out. Presumably they only see the state of their own connection (green bars), or maybe they don't care/don't bother looking.

Even with a bad connection, the games vary. Sometimes it's super smooth, next game it's stop/start/speed up to the point that neither of us can play properly and occasionally I get kicked. I'd much rather play wired because it's a hassle taking the PS4 out from under the TV with all the wires and stuff and then having to put it back again. It's crazy that I'm having to do this.

Connection won't be the only thing that causes lag either, they need to seriously re-think the high press because that only adds to the farce in a laggy game.

Yes, you pointed something that is true. The rival always sees his own bars which may differ from what you see especially if they are on the visitor's side, the game makes 3 or 4 or 5 bars appear more constant for them, which means it doesn't update the latency indicator in real time for them, or is just set to display an update at a lesser frequency.

And yeah all the things you mention are hassles, but believe me, when you have you connection optimized you encounter way less games where the game isn't smooth. The problem is the immense, absurd delay incorporated in order to compensate for that smoothness. Lag is just an anecdote, of some games, occurs from time to time, but huge delay is present in every single second you play. It's a real practical factor which makes me think: this game really needs to be polished, the connection to rivals is not optimized at all.

Which then derives on thinking the model is what's wrong and nothing will actually change on the practical side until there's a model change.
  • Nonavital
    116 posts Has Potential To Be Special

Yes, you pointed something that is true. The rival always sees his own bars which may differ from what you see especially if they are on the visitor's side, the game makes 3 or 4 or 5 bars appear more constant for them, which means it doesn't update the latency indicator in real time for them, or is just set to display an update at a lesser frequency.

And yeah all the things you mention are hassles, but believe me, when you have you connection optimized you encounter way less games where the game isn't smooth. The problem is the immense, absurd delay incorporated in order to compensate for that smoothness. Lag is just an anecdote, of some games, occurs from time to time, but huge delay is present in every single second you play. It's a real practical factor which makes me think: this game really needs to be polished, the connection to rivals is not optimized at all.

Which then derives on thinking the model is what's wrong and nothing will actually change on the practical side until there's a model change.

If what you saying about p2p true, why do I have much bigger delays in online seasons mode than in fut? Player that don't have much potential opponents in their geographical area struggle in p2p mode more.
  • Pablofsi08
    Nonavital wrote: »

If what you saying about p2p true, why do I have much bigger delays in online seasons mode than in fut? Player that don't have much potential opponents in their geographical area struggle in p2p mode more.

What I am saying here is science. Data on P2P is a one way highway, while data on servers needs to go and then come back, also adding an extra hop to routing. That's how it is. Half of the delay.

I don't know your setup, if you have a stable connection or not, or if online seasons uses servers, or not. But P2P being superior netcode for a 1v1 game is a fact and you can't discuss that. You can google it and find out by yourself.
  • hayhor1
    15008 posts World Class
    1.8gb no less!

Thankfully, I'm not going near 20. Too many mess ups and a total lack of communication from the company about it.

Bookmarked
  • Don’t know if it improved for you guys but for last 2 weeks for me on the pc the lag has been terrible this is with an 80mbps connection and less than 10 ping these servers must be terrible does that typically tend to happen before the new game comes out?
  • Queens11
    1504 posts Play-Off Hero
    The game and servers are total dog **** just stop playing and getting yourself annoyed
  • Kamilflage
    5671 posts Big Money Move
    It's so bad now...I was hoping that maybe less people playing it should he good now...but it somehow got worse!
  • Staxdoobie
    1181 posts Professional
    hayhor1 wrote: »
    1.8gb no less!

Bookmarked

Are you the guy who's compiling the list? Can you check if I'm on it please?