Do you grow attached to your Icons?

lippyone
1140 posts Professional
edited August 6
Have some I no longer really use much, however cannot bring myself to sacrifice them for an icon pack.
Bergkamp for example has played 1000 games for my club, and would have a feeling of sadness if sacrificed him. I would feel like I had betrayed him.

Anyone else feel like this, or is it a sign im not quite right in the head??

Comments

• MaddMike3711
    10971 posts Has That Special Something
    I tossed PIM Cannavaro and PIM Bergkamp into the R9 one when I did it, so can’t say I do. :D

The only ones that are untouchable are PIM Maldini, R9, PIM Rivaldo, and PIM Sócrates. :D
  • Drachenfells
    274 posts Sunday League Hero
    I feel the same thing, it's like betraying your childhood heros (best and Socrates), I just can't do it lol
  • Pocketsquareguy
    4847 posts Big Money Move
    edited August 6
    I get attached to any player that has a significant contribution to my club. And some that would be great SBC fodder, but are honored by never leaving my club. The Roughnecks FC ring of honor.
  • cdbuck26
    3279 posts National Call-Up
    I get attached to any player that has a significant contribution to my club. And some that would be great SBC fodder, but are honored by never leaving my club. The Roughnecks FC ring of honor.

I strongly agree with this. No longer use Stoichkov but he's been too good to give up for a 100k pack. He's just about it, because eventually I do get rid of them and I haven't had too many other players that are now retired from my club that have made serious contributions.
  • limjitwe
    6737 posts Big Money Move
    If I played a 1000 games with him and if I’m a fan, I wouldn’t.
  • Gnomenclature
    2616 posts Fans' Favourite
    I sacrificed so many icons this week... think Pim socrates was the most regrettable. Was my first Pim icon, but hasn't made the team in a few months.

There are just too many cheap tots out to play around with - most of them are fantastic too.

Still have quite a few left... prime dinho is no longer in the team since futtie hazard (incredible card) came out. Won't ditch him though.
  • ICE_UP_SON
    538 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I have this feeling for FB Zlatan.
  • Tboon
    2269 posts Fans' Favourite
    I know the feeling!

I've mid Maradona and I never use him anymore. Sometimes I'm thinking about to put him in a SBC for a 100k pack, but I can't do it :o :D
  • Stoz
    182 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited August 6
    Prime nakata was amazing for me as was prime bares and base R9i only thing I was sad about when getting rid of the game
  • Cheetah Thumbs
    4183 posts National Call-Up
    Only Henry. Ive out my other 7 or 8 in for a jumbo.
  • torakun
    1591 posts Play-Off Hero
    Almost.. FB Zlatan, PIM Blanc, PIM Schmeichel, etc but at the end I did it to reach greater team, not out of boredom.

For me, the reasoning is the important factor. If you're doing it over boredom, you're a heartless mf jk jkjk, but if you're doing it to attain better players that's a mainstay in your final team, I'd say "good contribution guys, I'll never forget you", then Spartha kick it to bottomless SBC.
  • Hibee
    11848 posts Has That Special Something
    I do. Most of the Icons I have as I grew up watching anyway. The likes of Nedved, Del Piero, Laudrup etc are no longer in my team but would never get rid. Have built a fun second team around them all.
  • DFC1983
    729 posts Semi-Pro
    Yes. I grew attached especially to my Makelele when he got his first goal in 380 appearances. Scenes of joy at that first goal.
  • Giggs11
    332 posts Sunday League Hero
    PIM Socrates has been sat on my bench for a month or 2 without getting any game time at all but I can’t bring myself to get rid of him, even during this week whilst completing PIM Maradona sbc
  • Navraat
    3114 posts National Call-Up
    I have special place for Ballack and G.Best in my club
  • Diggy
    13615 posts Has That Special Something
    Yes & no can’t get rid of Butragueño because he’s the best substitute I’ve ever had

Prime Ballack PIM Best & PIM Cannavaro went into Gullit
  • FifaProDK
    609 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited August 6
    PIM kluivert used last night got me 4 tots players from the pack. Used them to craft the guarenteed icon sbc got 90 lehman, put him into an icon sbc and got nothing!

Did it again this morning with PIM Bergkamp and got only one special card 89 alaba.

They where collecting dust, so all good, i loved the gamble.
  • BigHarryNutz
    565 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I just sold Rijkaard Prime because I did Goretzka. Frankie has been in my team for over a thousand matches.

Still hurts a bit.
  • Springveldt
    4508 posts National Call-Up
    No, I even sold Larsson to fund the Hazard SBC (forgive me Henke).
  • Freefolk
    324 posts Sunday League Hero
    Close to 1000 games with Gerrard and I benched him yesterday for Goretzka, feel like a terrible person lol
  • RebelRob
    4993 posts Big Money Move
    Yes.

But had to sacrifice prime Raul for pim cruyff. 800+ games and a loyal servant but died for the cause.

• DanValletta
    1526 posts Play-Off Hero
    I'm more bothered about what the downsides are. Like will I need them for links in the future.

Best has gone into maldini
    Gerrard into Vieira

They are probably the toughest decisions.
  • Amdp9
    2916 posts National Call-Up
    Always and when you trade them you miss them and wish to have them back lol
  • jstracci
    293 posts Sunday League Hero
    Yes, I do, Rijkaard still there sometimes I give him a go... But I would say that is not only Icons that have an attachment to my club .. As @Pocketsquareguy have pointed above -- for me any player that had once a significant contribution to my club still in there .. Like premium SBC Depay or untradable Reus headliner ...
  • Delboy13710
    4720 posts National Call-Up
    I've grown attached to Maldini even though he just got shoulder barged by Ben Yedder to concede 😂
  • SinkXI
    783 posts Semi-Pro
    There’s no loyalty in football these days, all of my icons except PIM petit launched into icon packs 😂
  • Jimmy89
    112 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Yep can’t let go of Bobby Moore, bailed me out so many times with his tackling. Massively attached to red Koulibaly as he was my first weekend league pick and caused me to build a Serie A team in the first place. TOTS Izzo on the bench and he played once instead of Koulibaly and I felt like a **** so I’ve benched ever since 🤣
  • Pocketsquareguy
    4847 posts Big Money Move
    Freefolk wrote: »
    Close to 1000 games with Gerrard and I benched him yesterday for Goretzka, feel like a terrible person lol

Benching is fine. Don’t feel bad about that. It’s getting rid of him that should make you feel bad.
  • Freefolk
    324 posts Sunday League Hero
    Freefolk wrote: »

Benching is fine. Don’t feel bad about that. It’s getting rid of him that should make you feel bad.

Going to bring him back and move Goretzka to cdm, not getting along with Vieira at all he might be next to go, only other icon I submitted was Prime nedved into Dinho