Should EA add the option to filter out bad connections like in PES2020?

13
bberger
5175 posts Big Money Move
edited August 2019
Would you prefer if EA lets you filter out 4G, (unstable) WiFi and other unstable connections like PES2020 does?

I think it would be a good solution if we aren't forced anymore to matchup with laggy players..

In PES2020 there are 3 options:
- Filter out all unstable connections (4G, WiFi, bad ping etc)
- Balanced: only filter out bad connections, but allow WiFi and 4G if they seem stable
- Turn off the filter

PS: if you should be against it for any reason, it would be nice if you add a comment explaining yourself..


.
Post edited by bberger on

Should EA add the option to filter out bad connections like in PES2020? 103 votes

Yes
89%
PrestoNornIronSpringveldtBoysie91The Zodiac Pieman25JoeAVFC1986bbergerJohnDoemadwullieomarnycsevenIPedronumber7rockySR8Damo_Suzukibronsonabcdefg123kcichrisSkywalker XVII 92 votes
No
10%
OrisonInvincibilityDiemBargy611Nodge86Moe_86SeanregalNavraatBaccaTheNetGK93Mogga 11 votes

Comments

  • BombSquadPuppy
    2230 posts Fans' Favourite
    Yes
    I feel like the only players who would vote no are the ones with bad connection

    However, since most of fifa game modes are on “dedicated servers” player connectivity is irrelevant only ping(latency to servers) matter; unlike pes whom provide P2P connection with failsafes in place to prevent most cheaters(lag switchers, ddos, torrents)
  • BaccaTheNet
    903 posts Professional
    No
    I use Wi-fi but normally have flawless connection
  • Shezzzzzzz
    1320 posts Professional
    Yes
    It’s kind of a pointless poll isn’t it...
    it’s like
    Option a. Make the game better
    Option b. Don’t make the game better

  • bberger
    5175 posts Big Money Move
    Yes
    Shezzzzzzz wrote: »
    It’s kind of a pointless poll isn’t it...
    it’s like
    Option a. Make the game better
    Option b. Don’t make the game better

    And yet we have people voting no..
  • bberger
    5175 posts Big Money Move
    Yes
    I use Wi-fi but normally have flawless connection

    You still can match up against WiFi and 4G buddies as well as anyone on a 'Balanced' filter setting if your connection is still good.
  • MRPF
    2 posts Ball Boy
    PES is different as it's P2P. Fifa should just match make better anyway.
  • Recoba
    4384 posts National Call-Up
    Then we would never find a game.
  • Shezzzzzzz
    1320 posts Professional
    Yes
    bberger wrote: »
    Shezzzzzzz wrote: »
    It’s kind of a pointless poll isn’t it...
    it’s like
    Option a. Make the game better
    Option b. Don’t make the game better

    And yet we have people voting no..

    There was a question on pointless where they showed 100 people a picture of the earth and asked them to name the planet. 97 got it right....
    You will always manage to find stupid people
  • bberger
    5175 posts Big Money Move
    Yes
    MRPF wrote: »
    PES is different as it's P2P. Fifa should just match make better anyway.

    I'd prefer FIFA to revert back to P2P as well. Also has p2p singles, hence the question.

    Game has been abysmal for me since they introduced servers, they need go remove them, get back to p2p, add matchmaking filter options and fix the broken netcode and stupid no loss glitches.

    Servers - for me personally - are the worst thing that has ever happened to FIFA...
  • SuperRob
    1643 posts Play-Off Hero
    I use Wi-fi but normally have flawless connection

    I think thats the problem. From what i gather, playing on wifi gives your opponent delay while you have great gameplay, except for maybe some speedup lag.

  • Pablofsi08
    460 posts Sunday League Hero
    Yes
    I think it should be divided by just stable and unstable.
  • Orison
    55009 posts National Treasure
    No
    I simply don't care about my opponent's connection as long as my own is fine.

    But I want to be able to match up anywhere. Not wait for 30mins, because I play on WiFi at someone elses house and people got me filtered out.
  • BaccaTheNet
    903 posts Professional
    No
    SuperRob wrote: »
    I use Wi-fi but normally have flawless connection

    I think thats the problem. From what i gather, playing on wifi gives your opponent delay while you have great gameplay, except for maybe some speedup lag.
    If this is true why does everyone not just use Wi-fi?
  • Pablofsi08
    460 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited August 2019
    Yes
    Orison wrote: »
    I simply don't care about my opponent's connection as long as my own is fine.

    But I want to be able to match up anywhere. Not wait for 30mins, because I play on WiFi at someone elses house and people got me filtered out.

    You clearly just want to conserve your delay advantage on people who otherwise would destroy you. And you would not be waiting 30 mins, in fact there are so many players with all types of connections you wouldn't even notice a change.

    Separate it by stable or unstable regardless if it's Wi-fi or broadband.
  • Empyrium7
    3678 posts National Call-Up
    Yes
    even if that means it will take more time to find a match
  • Orison
    55009 posts National Treasure
    No
    Pablofsi08 wrote: »
    Orison wrote: »
    I simply don't care about my opponent's connection as long as my own is fine.

    But I want to be able to match up anywhere. Not wait for 30mins, because I play on WiFi at someone elses house and people got me filtered out.

    You clearly just want to conserve your delay advantage on people who otherwise would destroy you. And you would not be waiting 30 mins, in fact there are so many players with all types of connections you wouldn't even notice a change.

    Exactly.

    I want my advantage of being able to enjoy fast forward lag. If I want to suffer from that, let me do it, won't affect the other player. That's the beauty of dedicated servers over p2p.
  • Pablofsi08
    460 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited August 2019
    Yes
    Orison wrote: »
    Pablofsi08 wrote: »
    Orison wrote: »
    I simply don't care about my opponent's connection as long as my own is fine.

    But I want to be able to match up anywhere. Not wait for 30mins, because I play on WiFi at someone elses house and people got me filtered out.

    You clearly just want to conserve your delay advantage on people who otherwise would destroy you. And you would not be waiting 30 mins, in fact there are so many players with all types of connections you wouldn't even notice a change.

    Exactly.

    I want my advantage of being able to enjoy fast forward lag. If I want to suffer from that, let me do it, won't affect the other player. That's the beauty of dedicated servers over p2p.

    P2P > servers. The best player or top 3 best in the world is sending messages asking for P2P right now.
  • Greezyweezy101
    1877 posts Fans' Favourite
    Yes
    "NO"

    People who know their internet is garbage
  • Orison
    55009 posts National Treasure
    No
    Pablofsi08 wrote: »
    Orison wrote: »
    Pablofsi08 wrote: »
    Orison wrote: »
    I simply don't care about my opponent's connection as long as my own is fine.

    But I want to be able to match up anywhere. Not wait for 30mins, because I play on WiFi at someone elses house and people got me filtered out.

    You clearly just want to conserve your delay advantage on people who otherwise would destroy you. And you would not be waiting 30 mins, in fact there are so many players with all types of connections you wouldn't even notice a change.

    Exactly.

    I want my advantage of being able to enjoy fast forward lag. If I want to suffer from that, let me do it, won't affect the other player. That's the beauty of dedicated servers over p2p.

    P2P > servers. The best player or top 3 best in the world is sending messages asking for P2P right now.

    Don't think MoAuba ever asked for p2p to be back tbf.

    Servers are the way forward and luckily ea doesn't listen to people from america, because their main market is Europe.
  • Pablofsi08
    460 posts Sunday League Hero
    Yes
    Orison wrote: »
    Pablofsi08 wrote: »
    Orison wrote: »
    Pablofsi08 wrote: »
    Orison wrote: »
    I simply don't care about my opponent's connection as long as my own is fine.

    But I want to be able to match up anywhere. Not wait for 30mins, because I play on WiFi at someone elses house and people got me filtered out.

    You clearly just want to conserve your delay advantage on people who otherwise would destroy you. And you would not be waiting 30 mins, in fact there are so many players with all types of connections you wouldn't even notice a change.

    Exactly.

    I want my advantage of being able to enjoy fast forward lag. If I want to suffer from that, let me do it, won't affect the other player. That's the beauty of dedicated servers over p2p.

    P2P > servers. The best player or top 3 best in the world is sending messages asking for P2P right now.

    Don't think MoAuba ever asked for p2p to be back tbf.

    Servers are the way forward and luckily ea doesn't listen to people from america, because their main market is Europe.

    Are we talking about the same guy who cheated at the start of Fifa 19? yeah, sounds like someone who wouldn't ask for P2P.
  • Orison
    55009 posts National Treasure
    No
    Pablofsi08 wrote: »
    Orison wrote: »
    Pablofsi08 wrote: »
    Orison wrote: »
    Pablofsi08 wrote: »
    Orison wrote: »
    I simply don't care about my opponent's connection as long as my own is fine.

    But I want to be able to match up anywhere. Not wait for 30mins, because I play on WiFi at someone elses house and people got me filtered out.

    You clearly just want to conserve your delay advantage on people who otherwise would destroy you. And you would not be waiting 30 mins, in fact there are so many players with all types of connections you wouldn't even notice a change.

    Exactly.

    I want my advantage of being able to enjoy fast forward lag. If I want to suffer from that, let me do it, won't affect the other player. That's the beauty of dedicated servers over p2p.

    P2P > servers. The best player or top 3 best in the world is sending messages asking for P2P right now.

    Don't think MoAuba ever asked for p2p to be back tbf.

    Servers are the way forward and luckily ea doesn't listen to people from america, because their main market is Europe.

    Are we talking about the same guy who cheated at the start of Fifa 19? yeah, sounds like someone who wouldn't ask for P2P.

    It's not forbidden to buy the game early, you are just not allowed to sell it.

    So he didn't cheat by buying it :trollface:
  • tworaf
    409 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Yes
    Would be a dream coming true if they introduce this and make match making better by matching people with similar ping to the server against each other. there will always be delay if one player have 20ms ping and the other is on 150+
  • Pablofsi08
    460 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited August 2019
    Yes
    Orison wrote: »
    Pablofsi08 wrote: »
    Orison wrote: »
    Pablofsi08 wrote: »
    Orison wrote: »
    Pablofsi08 wrote: »
    Orison wrote: »
    I simply don't care about my opponent's connection as long as my own is fine.

    But I want to be able to match up anywhere. Not wait for 30mins, because I play on WiFi at someone elses house and people got me filtered out.

    You clearly just want to conserve your delay advantage on people who otherwise would destroy you. And you would not be waiting 30 mins, in fact there are so many players with all types of connections you wouldn't even notice a change.

    Exactly.

    I want my advantage of being able to enjoy fast forward lag. If I want to suffer from that, let me do it, won't affect the other player. That's the beauty of dedicated servers over p2p.

    P2P > servers. The best player or top 3 best in the world is sending messages asking for P2P right now.

    Don't think MoAuba ever asked for p2p to be back tbf.

    Servers are the way forward and luckily ea doesn't listen to people from america, because their main market is Europe.

    Are we talking about the same guy who cheated at the start of Fifa 19? yeah, sounds like someone who wouldn't ask for P2P.

    It's not forbidden to buy the game early, you are just not allowed to sell it.

    So he didn't cheat by buying it :trollface:

    There's a set date when everyone is supposed (theoretically and not effectively at that time unfortunately) to go online and he infiltrated in trying to get an advantage, reason why his coins were removed.

    You lack any kind of morale. Shame on you.
  • Orison
    55009 posts National Treasure
    No
    Pablofsi08 wrote: »
    Orison wrote: »
    Pablofsi08 wrote: »
    Orison wrote: »
    Pablofsi08 wrote: »
    Orison wrote: »
    Pablofsi08 wrote: »
    Orison wrote: »
    I simply don't care about my opponent's connection as long as my own is fine.

    But I want to be able to match up anywhere. Not wait for 30mins, because I play on WiFi at someone elses house and people got me filtered out.

    You clearly just want to conserve your delay advantage on people who otherwise would destroy you. And you would not be waiting 30 mins, in fact there are so many players with all types of connections you wouldn't even notice a change.

    Exactly.

    I want my advantage of being able to enjoy fast forward lag. If I want to suffer from that, let me do it, won't affect the other player. That's the beauty of dedicated servers over p2p.

    P2P > servers. The best player or top 3 best in the world is sending messages asking for P2P right now.

    Don't think MoAuba ever asked for p2p to be back tbf.

    Servers are the way forward and luckily ea doesn't listen to people from america, because their main market is Europe.

    Are we talking about the same guy who cheated at the start of Fifa 19? yeah, sounds like someone who wouldn't ask for P2P.

    It's not forbidden to buy the game early, you are just not allowed to sell it.

    So he didn't cheat by buying it :trollface:

    There's a set date where everyone is supposed to go online and he infiltrated in trying to get an advantage, reason why his coins were removed.

    You lack any kind of morale. Shame on you.

    Is that considered bullying and should I report you? :trollface:
  • Springveldt
    4831 posts National Call-Up
    Yes
    Orison wrote: »
    Pablofsi08 wrote: »
    Orison wrote: »
    I simply don't care about my opponent's connection as long as my own is fine.

    But I want to be able to match up anywhere. Not wait for 30mins, because I play on WiFi at someone elses house and people got me filtered out.

    You clearly just want to conserve your delay advantage on people who otherwise would destroy you. And you would not be waiting 30 mins, in fact there are so many players with all types of connections you wouldn't even notice a change.

    Exactly.

    I want my advantage of being able to enjoy fast forward lag. If I want to suffer from that, let me do it, won't affect the other player. That's the beauty of dedicated servers over p2p.
    I'm not convinced it's actually a true dedicated server setup. I think the dedicated servers are actually just acting like a man in the middle and both clients still have their version of the game running and the messages are routed through the server rather than directly at each other like P2P.

    You have got to remember this is EA and the game has always been P2P. They will have cheaped out and fudged the server code to how they could do it the quickest with least impact as they still had to have the game ready within 1 year. Probably just ripped out the server code that controlled the P2P game and put an api on it to allow both clients to call it.
  • Pablofsi08
    460 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited August 2019
    Yes
    Orison wrote: »
    Pablofsi08 wrote: »
    Orison wrote: »
    I simply don't care about my opponent's connection as long as my own is fine.

    But I want to be able to match up anywhere. Not wait for 30mins, because I play on WiFi at someone elses house and people got me filtered out.

    You clearly just want to conserve your delay advantage on people who otherwise would destroy you. And you would not be waiting 30 mins, in fact there are so many players with all types of connections you wouldn't even notice a change.

    Exactly.

    I want my advantage of being able to enjoy fast forward lag. If I want to suffer from that, let me do it, won't affect the other player. That's the beauty of dedicated servers over p2p.
    I'm not convinced it's actually a true dedicated server setup. I think the dedicated servers are actually just acting like a man in the middle and both clients still have their version of the game running and the messages are routed through the server rather than directly at each other like P2P.

    You have got to remember this is EA and the game has always been P2P. They will have cheaped out and fudged the server code to how they could do it the quickest with least impact as they still had to have the game ready within 1 year. Probably just ripped out the server code that controlled the P2P game and put an api on it to allow both clients to call it.

    Whatever the method they used to introduce servers, servers are the issue why there's so much extra delay and people complain so much, why the game has such a bad fame on "laggy servers". EA's servers may not be the best but that's not the true cause, it's the fact that they are redirecting people to far away servers plus peak hours and peak users bottle necking their bandwidth, plus people who don't kinow how to set their ports open or just have their brother watching netflix next to them with a 6mbps connection on Wi-Fi.

    Bring P2P as an option (develop a way to mask your IPs to windows), separate people who have an unstable connection, make matchmaking find people based on lowest latency, punish people who create an unstable connection by giving them lost matches, educate people on how to improve their connection. That's the way to solve the issue and not encouraging a dated servers model on a 1v1 sports game, reason why everyone is complaining of handicap and delay.
  • CustardHippo
    2873 posts Fans' Favourite
    Yes
    Read the post, voted, and then hit the comments expecting to find a few ''no'' votes off people either A) baiting as they are bored or B) not worth reading the comment. Was correct.

    This is, as said above, either ''make the game better'' or ''ThErE iS nOtHiNg WrOnG wItH fIfA''
  • Keepthechange
    1666 posts Play-Off Hero
    I want them to just show the ping (in ms not meaningless bars) of both players before the match starts.
  • Pablofsi08
    460 posts Sunday League Hero
    Yes
    I want them to just show the ping (in ms not meaningless bars) of both players before the match starts.

    That would allow us to instantly see how much of a delay advantage some people like the guy who voted no above are getting in order to up their ranks on Divisions and that servers netcode allows.
Sign In or Register to comment.