►►► Serie A Lounge 2018-19 ◄◄◄

Comments

• Tornado31619
    17904 posts World Class
    From what I saw, he wasn’t too far off.

Speaking of United:

Thoughts? This clearly means that Dybala’s green-lighted a move to Old Trafford, but I’d honestly have preferred Bruno. Obviously both would be ideal, but we’re talking about the Chuckle Brothers leading negotiations here.
  • I think we'll hear the final chapter on Monday.
  • Tactically-speaking, Allegri became a more likeable version of Mourinho in his last two seasons at Juve.
    Discuss.

I can agree with that.
  • Alemas_2012
    15881 posts World Class
    edited August 3
    I already said it, it's madness.
    What's more infuriating is the treatment given to Dybala.
    Kean arrived earlier than planned, like Dybala, but he did his medical, got photographed doing it, and was welcomed back by Juve's social media accounts.
    Dybala, Juve's #10, a number associated with greats like Platini, Baggio, and Del Piero, a number now being used as a marketing tool... is being treated like trash.
    No mention of him at all in the social media accounts, no possibility of doing his medical earlier, no possibility of training earlier...
    Many fans are extremely disappointed with the club itself. This is not the way to treat what's supposed to be your symbol, your star.
    Players like Mandzukic, Higuain, Khedira, and Matuidi continue being treated like any other normal player despite being prime candidates for being sold, while Dybala gets shown the door.
    In theory, he's supposed to do his Juve medicals and start training on Monday... we'll see what will happen.
    Let's just say that the club aren't exactly giving him incentives to stay...
  • Retro_G
    30488 posts National Team Captain
    Dybala vs Firmino, who is the better player on peak form Juve fans?
  • Alemas_2012
    15881 posts World Class
    edited August 4
    Retro_G wrote: »
    Dybala vs Firmino, who is the better player on peak form Juve fans?

Hardly comparable when they don't cover the same role...
    Also difficult to compare peak performance due to the variety of positions Dybala has played over the years. :D
    In his first season he played as a striker alongside (mostly) Mandzukic, in the next two he switched between striker and CAM, and in the previous season he played as a "tuttocampista" (Allegri's term for "free-roaming playmaker").
    Don't get fooled by transfermarkt placing him mostly at RW for his last season, he rarely ever actually showed up in that position.
  • Alemas_2012
    15881 posts World Class
    Kean to Everton now official.
    Another youngster sent down the drain...
  • Alemas_2012
    15881 posts World Class
    edited August 4
    According to the ever-reliable BBC, United have pulled the plug on Dybala.
    Hopefully that's that.
    At least we won't be getting Lukaku. :D
    However, it doesn't seem like it will affect the Mandzukic transfer...
  • Ahmer50x
    20003 posts Club Captain
    Don’t think we’ll go for Mandz if Lukaku doesn’t leave first
  • Alemas_2012
    15881 posts World Class
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Don’t think we’ll go for Mandz if Lukaku doesn’t leave first

He'll be off to Inter, at this point.
  • Alemas_2012
    15881 posts World Class
    I just hope that Juve management will now come to their senses and will stop trying to sell Dybala, it's something nobody with a sane mind wants. :D
    A technical player with a technical coach like Sarri could do absolute wonders.
  • Dybala stays!!! According to sky.
  • Alemas_2012
    15881 posts World Class
    Dybala stays!!! According to sky.

*Dybala won't go to United.
    That's different.
  • Alemas_2012
    15881 posts World Class
    We can't have it all.
    It seems Cancelo will be swapped for Danilo + 30 million.
    Damn it, we're selling the most reborn player from pre-season for a bench warmer.
  • Maybe this whole Lukaku thing was a hoax to distract us from losing Cancelo. RIP.
  • Alemas_2012
    15881 posts World Class
    Maybe this whole Lukaku thing was a hoax to distract us from losing Cancelo. RIP.

Ironically, Danilo for Cancelo is more understandable.
    Sarri always prefers more defensive-minded RBs.
    See Hysaj and Azpilicueta.
  • Dybala still posting for UT fifa lmao
  • Maybe this whole Lukaku thing was a hoax to distract us from losing Cancelo. RIP.

It would have been nice to see Sarri use him though. He was the perfect Dani Alves replacement.
  • Alemas_2012
    15881 posts World Class
    Maybe this whole Lukaku thing was a hoax to distract us from losing Cancelo. RIP.

It would have been nice to see Sarri use him though. He was the perfect Dani Alves replacement.

Sarri seems to rate De Sciglio more.
    Should tell you everything.
  • Do you guys recall if Sarri had injury problems with Napoli? It seems that Juve and Milan had most injuries laat year.
  • Alemas_2012
    15881 posts World Class
    Do you guys recall if Sarri had injury problems with Napoli? It seems that Juve and Milan had most injuries laat year.

Nah, don't recall them having epidemics of muscular injuries like we had in the past couple of seasons.
  • Alemas_2012
    15881 posts World Class
    Less than three weeks until the new season, and still we don't have a new lounge.
    @LoboNobo, @theduckisstillperfect21, @Zambo9, @HBK1925, @Scu11duggery, @VolpeDiFuoco_10, @Rick, @Aleks, @1690_Ulster_FC, @Big Matty T, @opasni_, @I SiR MartY I, @Joe, @AlexSolm... think that's it.
    Anyone want to be lounge owner?
  • HBK1925
    1905 posts Fans' Favourite
    I appreciate the nomination but I don't feel like I could do the thread justice.
  • Alemas_2012
    15881 posts World Class
    HBK1925 wrote: »
    I appreciate the nomination but I don't feel like I could do the thread justice.

It's not even a "nomination", I just tagged all lounge members who support a Serie A team. :joy:
  • Alemas_2012
    15881 posts World Class

Shades of De Li-
    Nah forget it.
    Just depressing.
  • Ahmer50x
    20003 posts Club Captain
    I don't understand why your club seems to be so committed to worsening your team :joy:
  • Alemas_2012
    15881 posts World Class
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    I don't understand why your club seems to be so committed to worsening your team :joy:

The club's committed to making profits out of players.
    Because it seems like the costs of our squad are too high compared to expected revenue, and because the ones who were supposed to leave (Higuain, Khedira, Mandzukic, Matuidi, Perin, Pjaca) seem to be impossible to sell (Khedira and Mandzukic got lucrative contract renewals just last season), we're having to sacrifice the more valuable players in order to balance the books.
    It's a completely ridiculous situation, in order to make money we had to sell the deadwood, the club's realising that it's basically impossible to remove them all in time, so we're selling off the actual good players.
    A+ planning from Paratici/Nedved.
  • HBK1925
    1905 posts Fans' Favourite
    Danilo in Turin
    RIP Juve
  • Alemas_2012
    15881 posts World Class
    Dybala to Spurs of all teams.
    Spurs.
    Jesus.
  • Ahmer50x
    20003 posts Club Captain
    If that happens, do you think we can expect a Mandzukic + cash bid for Lukaku?
This discussion has been closed.