The Cricket Lounge

Comments

• AaronMFC
    1558 posts Play-Off Hero
    except of the spinner this is an easy pitch to bat on we really should have been able to bat all day.
  • Apollo
    14205 posts Has That Special Something
    There's Ali gone again. It was anyway, but time to make a change.
  • Hicksy2011
    12838 posts Has That Special Something
    If Burns had been given out LBW like he should have been in the first innings then after having them 122-8 we have been completely and utterly slaughtered after
    Terrible
  • AaronMFC
    1558 posts Play-Off Hero
    not sure theres much point in an injured anderson batting.
  • Adamski
    9948 posts League Winner
    i hate our test side besides like 4 players
  • Reus
    22437 posts Club Captain
    AaronMFC wrote: »
    except of the spinner this is an easy pitch to bat on we really should have been able to bat all day.

Dont think it is really

Uneven bounce and pace

Just look at burns and buttlers dismissals

Also let's face it this batting line up is woeful

We have one player who averages 40+

10 years ago every single one of our top 7 averaged 40+
  • AaronMFC
    1558 posts Play-Off Hero
    Reus wrote: »

Dont think it is really

Uneven bounce and pace

Just look at burns and buttlers dismissals

Also let's face it this batting line up is woeful

We have one player who averages 40+

10 years ago every single one of our top 7 averaged 40+

the batting line up is shocking weird to have such an unsettled team heading into the biggest series we play in. There will be the odd good ball from cummins hes too good a bowler not too but overall its a really flat track woakes has made it look easy to bat on like every australian who batted yesterday did.
  • Apollo
    edited August 5
    Next test imo:

Burns
    Roy
    Root
    Denly
    Stokes
    Buttler
    Foakes
    Woakes
    Broad
    Leach
    Archer

Long term:

Burns
    Sibley/Crawley
    Root
    Roy
    Stokes
    Buttler
    Foakes
    Woakes
    Broad
    Leach
    Anderson

(Archer as 12th man to come in when we need the extra pace / one of Broad/Anderson decide to pack it in)

Thoughts?
  • Reus
    22437 posts Club Captain
    I really hope when bayliss goes that we then have a test match coach and a white ball coach
  • Adamski
    9948 posts League Winner
    Bairstow, Buttler and Ali combining for 24 over TWO innings, **** shambolic
  • Hicksy2011
    12838 posts Has That Special Something
    Adamski wrote: »
    Bairstow, Buttler and Ali combining for 24 over TWO innings, **** shambolic

18 runs for Ali and Bairstow in their last 8 test visits to the crease combined
    Averaging 2.25 this summer with the bat, no words
  • AaronMFC
    1558 posts Play-Off Hero
    its hard to fit some bowlers in but does anyone think we need extra pace try and fit archer and stone in. I know it wont happen and adding archer and leach should sort the bowling just wondering if we need a lot of pace to hurt smith.
  • Apollo

What a player he's been, amazing professional too, will miss watching him play cricket
  • Milanista28
    1136 posts Professional
    Congrats on England beating Smith's 2nd innings by 4 runs. :trollface:

1-0.
  • Alex_cr
    4784 posts National Call-Up

1-0.

I mean yeah he’s a great cricketer but has 0 integrity. What would you rather have?
  • Milanista28
    1136 posts Professional
    Alex_cr wrote: »

1-0.

I mean yeah he’s a great cricketer but has 0 integrity. What would you rather have?

Made a mistake, deserves his 2nd chance. He works hard and is taking it.
  • Alex_cr
    4784 posts National Call-Up

1-0.

Sorry but I just totally disagree. It’s not a mistake it’s pre meditated cheating. His only mistake was getting caught. Don’t need that in sport of any kind.

Just been watching KP documentary. We ousted him for being a bit of an idiot at times. Australia recalled 3 players who cheated basically as quickly as they could to win. Funny old game.
  • Milanista28
    1136 posts Professional

1-0.

Sorry but I just totally disagree. It’s not a mistake it’s pre meditated cheating. His only mistake was getting caught. Don’t need that in sport of any kind.

Just been watching KP documentary. We ousted him for being a bit of an idiot at times. Australia recalled 3 players who cheated basically as quickly as they could to win. Funny old game.

Time was served, time to redeem themselves is now.

Like there was a chance Australia would leave the best test cricket batsman in the world at home when he is fit and available.
  • Reus
    22437 posts Club Captain
    its hard to fit some bowlers in but does anyone think we need extra pace try and fit archer and stone in. I know it wont happen and adding archer and leach should sort the bowling just wondering if we need a lot of pace to hurt smith.

Pace wont get him out

We need to produce helpful wickets with sideways movement for the seamers to get him out

If we play the series on good decks that break apart and turn at the end we are going to lose 5-0 as the aussies have smith and lyon

Archer will play the next game as jimmy is injured, interesting to see if he has the stamina for test cricket

Can he bowl 90mph+ for 40-50 overs in a game
  • Adamski
    9948 posts League Winner

1-0.

:D always be known as a cheat no matter how far you want to be up his rectum
  • Reus
    22437 posts Club Captain
    Adamski wrote: »

1-0.

:D always be known as a cheat no matter how far you want to be up his rectum

Let's get real here the only reason we won the 2005 ashes was because we cheated in the exact same way :D
  • Handy Andy
    5735 posts Big Money Move
  • Apollo
    Handy Andy wrote: »

Damn. Can deal with it for another test though if they bring in Leach for Ali (as well as the injury forced Archer for Anderson). 2/3 of the changes would be okay.
  • AaronMFC
    1558 posts Play-Off Hero
    12 man squad has been announced leach for ali archer for anderson probably the only two changes would rather we played curran than denly and have stokes bat at 4.
  • Apollo
    12 man squad has been announced leach for ali archer for anderson probably the only two changes would rather we played curran than denly and have stokes bat at 4.

Happy with the changes to the squad! Leach had to come in for Ali and looking forward to seeing Archer bowl. I wanted Foakes in instead of Bairstow but 2/3 isn't bad.
  • Reus
    22437 posts Club Captain
    Looking like complete wash outs on wednesday and saturday
  • AaronMFC
    1558 posts Play-Off Hero
    Reus wrote: »
    Looking like complete wash outs on wednesday and saturday

Just checked the forecast rain most days be surprised if theres a result.