>> The Weekend League chat <<

Comments

• freakjas
    6570 posts Big Money Move
    3 constant pressure opponents in a row. Won the first one on pens, lost the next one cause of a 90th minute goal and just lost a game 4-2 where i had 25 to 10 shots, his schmeichel made a decent amount of 17 saves...
    Whatever
  • Caspertjuh
    940 posts Semi-Pro
    freakjas wrote: »
    3 constant pressure opponents in a row. Won the first one on pens, lost the next one cause of a 90th minute goal and just lost a game 4-2 where i had 25 to 10 shots, his schmeichel made a decent amount of 17 saves...
    Whatever

I prefer the high pressure players, with the 352 i can still pass it out from the back. The drop back players are the most annoying.

Schmeichel is an upgraded alisson, for some he is out of the world, for others he is like a bronze. Mine is okayish.
  • miri
    2770 posts Fans' Favourite
    12-2 atm, TOTS Ibra is stupid good.
  • sturges12345
    3221 posts National Call-Up
    17-7. Lost twice on penalties and a couple other bs loses. Gold 1 again it seems
  • miri
    14-3. Best record in a while. Futties Alba and TOTS Ibra doing the business. 15 goals 12 assists in 17 games from Ibra.
  • freakjas
    Caspertjuh wrote: »
    freakjas wrote: »
    Whatever

I prefer the high pressure players, with the 352 i can still pass it out from the back. The drop back players are the most annoying.

Schmeichel is an upgraded alisson, for some he is out of the world, for others he is like a bronze. Mine is okayish.

Yeah dropback is defo worse than constant pressure.

Its still really exhausting to play against, thats why i mentioned it lol.

• Damo_Suzuki
    2054 posts Fans' Favourite
    Ridiculous that at 1-1, they hack you down, penalty, red card and they quit and you dont get a win. Such a frustrating waste of time.
  • miri
    edited August 4
    17-4, best finish of the year. Might push on to G1 later but been working all weekend so pretty knackered.

20 goals 13 assists from TOTS Ibra in 21 games this WL. He's the absolute business. 9 goals 11 assists from TOTS Sancho (the other new player in my team) which is a very solid return from RM in a 442.
  • miri
    Ridiculous that at 1-1, they hack you down, penalty, red card and they quit and you dont get a win. Such a frustrating waste of time.

Yeah this absolute none sense needs to be fixed. Same with people quitting at 0-0 when they're getting dominated or when they quit at kick off in WL because they have a worse team. Opponent quitting should always be a win, regardless of score.
  • Moy
    972 posts Professional
    Hit Silver one with 6 games left, once again the powers that be decided I wasn’t getting a Gold finish once again
  • number7rocky
    4498 posts National Call-Up
    edited August 4
    Went 14-1 typical bs loss to a gold player where everything went his way to deny me what should be a 100% win record.

Was thinking about not even playing but I sold Toty Mbappe and got Tots Neymar and wanted to try him out. A few games ago I even did the unthinkable and sold CR7 😂 I'm not grinding elite so don't need him so he's no longer in my team!

Got a Tots Mbappe and put Richarlison at RAM and and in the 3 games I played he scored 3 backpost headers anyway lol 😂
  • freakjas
    16-5 actually. Played most of the games on friday and only a couple yesterday and now 5 today mainly cause i wanted to try henry out. Won all 5 even though they had horrific connection lmao.

• freakjas
    Gosh this game. Decided to play a few more games and i think i got a bit toxic for the first time ever lmao.

3-0 within 15 mins, the guy decided to try his hardest to come back. Fine. He tried to get a lot of possession around my box etc which is quite boring imo but whatever.

Somehow comes back in the 70th minute, scores the lead, parks the bus and tries to waste time. I score the 4-4 and a bit later the 5-4 in the 85th.
    Then he scores the 5-5 at 94:48 with +3
    Obviously does the brilliant shush celebration again.

Yeah and i just quit before the extra time started :D

It probably doesn‘t sound that bad and i have definitely experienced worse opponents and i didn‘t even get tilted properly but the fact that its august and people still take the game soo serious, idk man.

Didn‘t feel like he should get rewarded for that and i just didn‘t care enough to play.

Stopped at 17-7 :D
  • Damo_Suzuki
    Finished 20-8. Had a couple of games freeze up around 70mins. One i was winning 2-1 at the 70th min and pretty in control and i lose 5-2 by the end thanks to my players turning to stone!
  • IxToMxI
    6139 posts Big Money Move
    11-0 think that’s my final W/L appears all the good players have stopped playing way to easy
  • Freefolk
    370 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited August 5
    17-11, improvement over my best 17-13, happy with that; 20 next 👊🏻
  • number7rocky
    Decided to not even register, cba
  • ha032742
    35472 posts Moderator

I haven’t either but only because of the beta.
  • number7rocky
    edited August 10
    ha032742 wrote: »

Had it last year... Nothing this year despite playing weekly and being regularly active on here. Probably saw me complaining each WL about the broken game and put me on the no invite list... 😂

Haven't played a game since last Sunday, logged in on Thursday to do Poty VVD and that's it, haven't even used him, not even got that itch to play a game anymore.
  • sturges12345
    14-4. In before gold 2 :)
  • Delboy13710
    5301 posts Big Money Move
    ha032742 wrote: »

Had it last year... Nothing this year despite playing weekly and being regularly active on here. Probably saw me complaining each WL about the broken game and put me on the no invite list... 😂

Haven't played a game since last Sunday, logged in on Thursday to do Poty VVD and that's it, haven't even used him, not even got that itch to play a game anymore.

Same did Eusebio just to make my final team to look nice doubt I'll even play with him . Got BETA as well but not even bothering with that . Think I'm more addicted to SBC and the forum then the actual game
  • freakjas
    Just playing a couple games to test out griezmann and maldini and i just lost a game cause of a goal in the 105th minute where i had a corner when it was +2:10 and he scored the counter. It was the 110th minute with 2 mins extra lol.
  • number7rocky
    Went 0-0 The last time that happened was probably the end of fifa 18 😂 Over a week now since I played a game.
  • sturges12345
    Finished on 20-9.
  • Mathew1606
    2186 posts Fans' Favourite
    Went 0-0 The last time that happened was probably the end of fifa 18 😂 Over a week now since I played a game.

Well played brother
  • number7rocky
    Probably not going to register again this week...Almost 2 weeks without playing now.

Sold my Tots Neymar that used for all of 12 games 😂 and decided to make the best Arsenal team I can, something I always thought about but decided agaisnt as I know I won't enjoy it if I'm losing more games, however I'll barely play 10-20 games before fifa 20 so though F it why not 🤷‍♂️

I'll play some games with it next WL, Cba this week 😂

417ff22f44e8540c7bcebaece48b9a42.png
  • Cbn
    859 posts Semi-Pro
    edited August 17
    Play the WL for the last time and try to run Elite because you enjoy fair competition. After 20 Games you have witnessed absurd amount of bs, but still hanging on with 16/20 record. Come saturday and lose last two in a row. First three rebounds 0-3 followed the dab and time wasting. Next feel a bit relief cause you notice opponent is lesser player as he passes like yesterday news and trys to first time shoot from Any distance, Any angle and Any foot. He also is a AI defender only controlling CDM, pathetic and easy right. Laugh a few time out loud cause he actually trys to first time shot running backwards from 35 yards out. 20 mins later you end up deleting the game after 1-3 loss with Three first time shots and you self have hit the post Three times after solid build up play. Well I guess I should have moved my keeper. Thank you Fifa19 for lowering my expected lifetime for few years. Not gonna see you in 20.
  • Damo_Suzuki
    Cbn wrote: »
    Play the WL for the last time and try to run Elite because you enjoy fair competition. After 20 Games you have witnessed absurd amount of bs, but still hanging on with 16/20 record. Come saturday and lose last two in a row. First three rebounds 0-3 followed the dab and time wasting. Next feel a bit relief cause you notice opponent is lesser player as he passes like yesterday news and trys to first time shoot from Any distance, Any angle and Any foot. He also is a AI defender only controlling CDM, pathetic and easy right. Laugh a few time out loud cause he actually trys to first time shot running backwards from 35 yards out. 20 mins later you end up deleting the game after 1-3 loss with Three first time shots and you self have hit the post Three times after solid build up play. Well I guess I should have moved my keeper. Thank you Fifa19 for lowering my expected lifetime for few years. Not gonna see you in 20.

I feel you. Although you missed the bit where you are 2-0 up against a far inferior opponent, in decent gameplay, then your players suddenly start to freeze up and can't turn, track runs or pass. As if they have suddenly been infected by a fatigue inducing virus at 65mins.
  • Cbn
    859 posts Semi-Pro
    Cbn wrote: »

I feel you. Although you missed the bit where you are 2-0 up against a far inferior opponent, in decent gameplay, then your players suddenly start to freeze up and can't turn, track runs or pass. As if they have suddenly been infected by a fatigue inducing virus at 65mins.

Yes you are right actually I forget this. Because every game expect one I had to manually defend the hole d, track runs, tackle and so on. Same thing with the offense, manually send players to run. Players stuck in the mud, standing static, balls bouncing randomly with first touches, every other command not registering, while opponent AI defenders shadowin every move you make. You get so use to this that dont even realize something is wrong.