►►► Serie A Lounge 2018-19 ◄◄◄

Comments

• Retro_G
    29853 posts National Team Captain
    There might be a silver lining in all of this.
    There are talks of sending Mandzukic to United as well.

No thanks, you can keep the Croatian Peter Crouch.
  • Alemas_2012
    15702 posts World Class
    edited August 2
    Retro_G wrote: »
    There might be a silver lining in all of this.
    There are talks of sending Mandzukic to United as well.

No thanks, you can keep the Croatian Peter Crouch.

Hey, he puts a shift in every time, pressing and running, doesn't Ole like that?
    He definitely has more work-rate than Dybala... :wink:
  • Looks like Dybala if what I'm reading is right.
  • Alemas_2012
    15702 posts World Class
    Looks like Dybala if what I'm reading is right.

Looks like Dybala what?
  • Tornado31619
    17388 posts World Class
    Reading that CR7 has told Dybala to join us. Take that how you like.
  • Looks like Dybala if what I'm reading is right.

Looks like Dybala what?

At first gone but now I'm reading that he said no. Gazzetta even included saying that he would rather wait it out for other clubs if he really isn't wanted
    Oof
  • Reading that CR7 has told Dybala to join us. Take that how you like.

I read that on daily mail lol
  • Alemas_2012
    15702 posts World Class
    Conte's brutal training regimes are certainly having an effect on the players... in a negative way so far.
    After Lazaro and Politano, Godin's the next one to suffer from a muscular injury.
    Weird thing is... they're all thigh injuries.
  • Conte's brutal training regimes are certainly having an effect on the players... in a negative way so far.
    After Lazaro and Politano, Godin's the next one to suffer from a muscular injury.
    Weird thing is... they're all thigh injuries.

Not surprised. I remember when we lost Barza and Bonucci so Vidal had to play CB.
  • Even though dybala has said no to the transfer there is a rumor that Paratici will try to convince him to move. This is madness what has the team turned into
  • Ahmer50x
    19240 posts World Class
    Have any of the reliable sources for Juve said he has said no? Thought it was just Gazetta?
  • Alemas_2012
    15702 posts World Class
    Our transfer market has gone to the dogs.
    We seem intent on swapping Cancelo... for Danilo.
    Dear God Almighty.
  • Ahmer50x
    19240 posts World Class
    Just sell him and sign Darmian instead ;)
  • Alemas_2012
    15702 posts World Class
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Just sell him and sign Darmian instead ;)

At least Danilo's Brazilian.
    Should be able to do some skills.
  • Retro_G
    Dear God Almighty.

You got to have faith in the manager, get behind his signings. He is looking for specific players for his system. I know you're not keen on big Rom, but he can be clinical in the right system. Have a look at this....

http://outsideoftheboot.com/2017/06/08/analysis-harry-kane-v-romelu-lukaku/
  • Alemas_2012
    15702 posts World Class
    edited August 2
    Dear God Almighty.

You got to have faith in the manager, get behind his signings. He is looking for specific players for his system. I know you're not keen on big Rom, but he can be clinical in the right system. Have a look at this....

Since when have I doubted Sarri in all of this?
    I'm doubting the management, that's different.
    In Italy, things work differently, it's mainly the sporting director who does the signings for the manager.
    It's not like in England where the manager has very specific requests and relays them to top brass.
    Indeed, Sarri recently stated that he's not in charge of transfers, he prefers leaving them to the management (Paratici, Nedved) as they have a better vision of things. He can give general direction of who to sell and who to buy, but not much more than that.
    Managers aren't actually managers in Italy, they're simply coaches responsible for training and tactics.
    No-one of the furious Juventus fans are blaming Sarri for these transfers, they're all blaming Paratici...
  • Retro_G
    Dear God Almighty.

In Italy, things work differently, it's mainly the sporting director who does the signings for the manager.
    It's not like in England where the manager has very specific requests and relays them to top brass.
    Indeed, Sarri recently stated that he's not in charge of transfers, he prefers leaving them to the management (Paratici, Nedved) as they have a better vision of things. He can give general direction of who to sell and who to buy, but not much more than that.
    Managers aren't actually managers in Italy, they're simply coaches responsible for training and tactics.
    No-one of the furious Juventus fans are blaming Sarri for these transfers, they're all blaming Paratici...

Fair enough, didn't know that is how it works in Italy. Pararici will know everything about Sarri's system, correct? He is buying players for the system, why doubt Paracivi/Nedved, when you've made some quality signings in recent years?
  • Alemas_2012
    15702 posts World Class
    Dear God Almighty.

Fair enough, didn't know that is how it works in Italy. Pararici will know everything about Sarri's system, correct? He is buying players for the system, why doubt Paracivi/Nedved, when you've made some quality signings in recent years?

If Paratici is seriously thinking about getting Lukaku, allow us to be slightly doubtful that he actually knows Sarri's system! :D Something makes me think he only looks at the individual qualities of a player, and not whether he would actually fit in a certain coach's system.
    The only half-successful implementation of a traditional target man in "Sarriball" was with Giroud, and even then Sarri only used it because Morata and Higuain, two strikers who would in theory work with his system, were completely disastrous. Oftentimes he preferred Hazard in a false nine, Giroud was simply an emergency measure.
    "Recent years" is a moot point when this is the first full season under Paratici and Nedved as the men responsible for transfers. Before it was Marotta and Paratici, and Marotta left in September last year to join Inter.
  • Retro_G wrote: »
    Dear God Almighty.

If Paratici is seriously thinking about getting Lukaku, allow us to be slightly doubtful that he actually knows Sarri's system! :D Something makes me think he only looks at the individual qualities of a player, and not whether he would actually fit in a certain coach's system.
    The only half-successful implementation of a traditional target man in "Sarriball" was with Giroud, and even then Sarri only used it because Morata and Higuain, two strikers who would in theory work with his system, were completely disastrous. Oftentimes he preferred Hazard in a false nine, Giroud was simply an emergency measure.
    "Recent years" is a moot point when this is the first full season under Paratici and Nedved as the men responsible for transfers. Before it was Marotta and Paratici, and Marotta left in September last year to join Inter.

Alemas is right, it doesn't make sense for Sarri to get a target man when it hasn't worked for him in Napoli or Chelsea.
  • Tornado31619
    17388 posts World Class
    Lukaku isn’t really a target man, though. His best form for us came when he was used in that role by José, but he still never reached his Everton heights because he simply is not that type of player. I don’t think that Sarri would get the best out of him, either.

I’m surprised that Juve weren’t linked with Griezmann before he signed for Barça.
  • Ahmer50x
    19240 posts World Class
    edited August 2
    Lukaku is at his best running in behind on the break, not as a targetman.

He just has clogs for feet
  • Alemas_2012
    15702 posts World Class

That's the problem.
    Sarri's attackers are expected to be involved in the build-up play and the creation of chances. They must be able to pass the ball.
    Pure finishers do not exist.
    Donkeys do not exist. :D
    Just look how much Matuidi and Mandzukic struggled in pre-season to get an idea of how players who are not technically gifted simply do not work in his system.
  • Ahmer50x
    19240 posts World Class

That's the problem.
    Sarri's attackers are expected to be involved in the build-up play and the creation of chances. They must be able to pass the ball.
    Just look how much Matuidi and Mandzukic struggled in pre-season to get an idea of how players who are not technically gifted simply do not work in his system.

Oh I know

I think this swap is a huge OG for Juve but a win for us.

Lukaku is an ideal fit for Conte. I can’t think of a less suited elite striker for Sarriball on the other hand.
  • Alemas_2012
    15702 posts World Class
    edited August 2

That's the problem.

Oh I know

I think this swap is a huge OG for Juve but a win for us.

Lukaku is an ideal fit for Conte. I can’t think of a less suited elite striker for Sarriball on the other hand.

Or Allegri.
    I remember we were linked with him a couple of times under Allegri.
    Hell, I'll be honest, if he were still in charge, I wouldn't mind this transfer too much, since he has a thing for carthorses (and horses in general, given his frequent references to them in his press conferences).
    It's just that we now have a coach with slightly different footballing standards. :joy:
  • Alemas_2012
    15702 posts World Class
    Nainggolan's back to Cagliari.
    Already no love lost between him and Inter, saying that he wants to show them that they are wrong in letting him go...
  • Alemas_2012
    15702 posts World Class

Absolutely brilliant.
    That's how you do Twitter banter.
    Not with dead memes. :D
  • Tornado31619
    17388 posts World Class
    :joy: :joy: :joy:

• Absolutely brilliant.
    That's how you do Twitter banter.
    Not with dead memes. :D

Jesus christ
  • Alemas_2012
    15702 posts World Class
    Tactically-speaking, Allegri became a more likeable version of Mourinho in his last two seasons at Juve.
    Discuss.
This discussion has been closed.