OT: Pes 20 demo

Comments

• Zv1k0
    5926 posts Big Money Move
    @Retro_G I tried it now and I see what you mean. This game is amazing. All they need now is good online content and they beat Fifa easily.
  • Zv1k0
    Do you have to wait this long to get a game in a full game too? It's 1-2 minutes at least every time and every single guy spends the whole pre game timer to do changes.
  • aliheidari2520
    88 posts Park Captain
    Zv1k0 wrote: »
    Retro_G wrote: »
    This lad here is good for tutorials lads, PES takes a lot of time to master. Think that's why so many Fifa players don't like PES, because they don't play enough to get good.

Yeah this is where I learnt. The only problem I have now is intercepting. Is there a button or something? I read so many passes and the ball still goes right by my player. Just like in Fifa. That's the only downside I've noticed after 20-30 games. Gameplay in general is amazing.

Use super cancel to get in the lane, then either slide/stand tackle with Jockey. You super cancel with R1+R2, Jockey is R2 if you're on default controls. I personally change my controls so that dash is on R2 like Fifa, Special controls are on L2, feels more natural.

Yeah I have it on alternate too. What is special cancel? What does it do off the ball?

Did you mean super cancel? It makes your player free, so he can move in any direction on the pitch. The player isn't on rails anymore, if that makes sense.

Yes super cancel. But how does this help with intercepting? I guess I'm just mistiming the tackle. Or do you have to hold L2 while you are doing it?

Also, is super cancel meant to be used for cancelling the pass you don't want to do anymore? For example if you are locked on the ball but you don't know that so you press pass button to tackle. Then you realize you are locked and your player will make the pass in the direction you were holding before which is now a bad idea. Can you cancel that with super cancel or in any other way?

about cancelling the pass: I am sure it exist, but don't know exactly the buttons (R1+R2 or R1+R2+L1)
    I did it sometimes, but I stumped in the moment and pushed all of them ! :D it worked, but I couldn't release if L1 is necessary too? or not ...
  • Retro_G
    29318 posts Player of the Year
    @Retro_G I tried it now and I see what you mean. This game is amazing. All they need now is good online content and they beat Fifa easily.

This is where it usually falls short mate. My Club is good, but doesn't have anywhere near as much content as FUT. We will find out soon enough about My Club, haven't heard much about the mode in PES 20.
  • Retro_G
    Do you have to wait this long to get a game in a full game too? It's 1-2 minutes at least every time and every single guy spends the whole pre game timer to do changes.

I don't think people know about saving their tactics. In My Club you can set up tactics before the game starts.
  • Zv1k0

This is where it usually falls short mate. My Club is good, but doesn't have anywhere near as much content as FUT. We will find out soon enough about My Club, haven't heard much about the mode in PES 20.

Tag me or send a link if you hear anything. I'm very interested in PES this year. Can I skip replays online in full game like I can in the demo? :D
    Also, were free kicks always this op, am I so good or is Messi so good? :D
  • Zv1k0
    This lad here is good for tutorials lads, PES takes a lot of time to master. Think that's why so many Fifa players don't like PES, because they don't play enough to get good.

Yeah this is where I learnt. The only problem I have now is intercepting. Is there a button or something? I read so many passes and the ball still goes right by my player. Just like in Fifa. That's the only downside I've noticed after 20-30 games. Gameplay in general is amazing.

Use super cancel to get in the lane, then either slide/stand tackle with Jockey. You super cancel with R1+R2, Jockey is R2 if you're on default controls. I personally change my controls so that dash is on R2 like Fifa, Special controls are on L2, feels more natural.

Yeah I have it on alternate too. What is special cancel? What does it do off the ball?

Did you mean super cancel? It makes your player free, so he can move in any direction on the pitch. The player isn't on rails anymore, if that makes sense.

Yes super cancel. But how does this help with intercepting? I guess I'm just mistiming the tackle. Or do you have to hold L2 while you are doing it?

Also, is super cancel meant to be used for cancelling the pass you don't want to do anymore? For example if you are locked on the ball but you don't know that so you press pass button to tackle. Then you realize you are locked and your player will make the pass in the direction you were holding before which is now a bad idea. Can you cancel that with super cancel or in any other way?

about cancelling the pass: I am sure it exist, but don't know exactly the buttons (R1+R2 or R1+R2+L1)
    I did it sometimes, but I stumped in the moment and pushed all of them ! :D it worked, but I couldn't release if L1 is necessary too? or not ...

I'll try something, thanks. It's gotta be a way or it's just bs. :D
  • aliheidari2520
    88 posts Park Captain

Tag me or send a link if you hear anything. I'm very interested in PES this year. Can I skip replays online in full game like I can in the demo? :D

you can skip all, only one celebration for each game from your opponent is what you can't skip.
    about free kick, if defend side push the O button to jump wall players (cross button, maybe it would be square on your controller setting if you choose alternative) at good time, it is hard to send the ball above the wall. also some people change the GK position by pushing pad before the kick.
    if you push pad on controller the cursor will be on your GK and you can move him freely, push pad again and he will be on CPU control again.

it does exist for sure, I am just doubt if L1 is needed too or not.
  • Zv1k0

you can skip all, only one celebration for each game from your opponent is what you can't skip.
    about free kick, if defend side push the O button to jump wall players (cross button, maybe it would be square on your controller setting if you choose alternative) at good time, it is hard to send the ball above the wall. also some people change the GK position by pushing pad before the kick.
    if you push pad on controller the cursor will be on your GK and you can move him freely, push pad again and he will be on CPU control again.

Sounds good!
    About the free kicks, I'm actually the one scoring them and can't believe how easy it is. Or it's just Messi who's that good at them.
  • aliheidari2520
    88 posts Park Captain

Sounds good!
    About the free kicks, I'm actually the one scoring them and can't believe how easy it is. Or it's just Messi who's that good at them.

I know you scored those ... just want to mention it is preventable, but generally yes! it is kinda overpower
  • Retro_G
    edited August 3

Sounds good!

Yeah they're easy to score, but preventable if you put a defender on the goalies line, manually head the ball away.
  • FinEverton
    695 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Preordered PES today. Played fifa because of fut content. Now playing pes because of gameplay..

Still never know. Might still buy fifa 20 later.
  • Zv1k0
    Just to confirm for anyone else wondering, it is R1+R2/RB+RT (super cancel) to cancel the pass.
  • DYL_26
    66 posts Park Captain
    FinEverton wrote: »
    Preordered PES today. Played fifa because of fut content. Now playing pes because of gameplay..

Still never know. Might still buy fifa 20 later.

The game play is on another level.
  • FatZed
    866 posts Semi-Pro
    Anyone else still been playing a bit of the demo? how you guys finding the gameplay and connections online? had a pretty sluggish one online last night.
  • FinEverton
    FatZed wrote: »
    Anyone else still been playing a bit of the demo? how you guys finding the gameplay and connections online? had a pretty sluggish one online last night.

Had 3 bad games and 3 good games.
  • Zv1k0

I still play here and there. Less than before though because it takes ages to find people and I got sick of that. Connection has been pretty good.
  • FatZed
    866 posts Semi-Pro
    Should be better on release you would think! was playing more offline to adjust and test it out but short games got a bit annoying. I play pretty much online only though anyway but hard to judge prior to release the online gameplay and general connections/ consistency. Not that FIFA has any consistency haha
  • Retro_G

I had a few games last night, connection was woeful at first, but realised it was due to a black ops 4 update downloading in the background. Connection was extremely smooth after that, find games fast on stable connection. I refuse the two bar connections, only play against a three bar.
  • FatZed
    866 posts Semi-Pro

I had a few games last night, connection was woeful at first, but realised it was due to a black ops 4 update downloading in the background. Connection was extremely smooth after that, find games fast on stable connection. I refuse the two bar connections, only play against a three bar.

I have only had 3 bar but even on that did 2 last night and both were pretty slow/ heavy which can be quite frustrating on a game that is naturally slower anyway. I think online will be its downfall again but have been enjoying the gameplay offline so far..
  • FinEverton
    Played so far over 50 games of PES demo (offline and online) and not sure will it be really "the better soccergame"... Fifa 19 was so bad that it makes Pes 20 look amazing and fresh. When you read comments of players who really had played PES serie a lot, those comments arent so good and delay/scripting problems are very similar...

As I early told I preordered Pes, but dont know is it the right choice..
  • alex1987
    5541 posts Big Money Move
    Just have a look at the PES 19 world cup final.
    They're abusing every mechanic as well.
  • Ishibum
    12493 posts Has That Special Something
    FinEverton wrote: »
    Played so far over 50 games of PES demo (offline and online) and not sure will it be really "the better soccergame"... Fifa 19 was so bad that it makes Pes 20 look amazing and fresh. When you read comments of players who really had played PES serie a lot, those comments arent so good and delay/scripting problems are very similar...

As I early told I preordered Pes, but dont know is it the right choice..

This apart from the preorder part sums up my position.

The main concerns I had going on were:

1: will the lag be as bad as it used to be?
    2: will I be able to adapt to totally different mechanics?
    3: will there be enough players online by November

If the demo is anything to go by, the lag problems that I encountered seem to be far reduced. Given that's what turned me away from PES all those years ago, this is great. The second point remains a concern tbh. I would consider myself average at FIFA (gold 2 WL, D1 rivals merchant here), but even though I have been approaching PES with a different mindset, I am struggling bad. Do I really want to suffer for 6 months of getting myself up to speed? This then leads me to my last point. What's the point in making the effort to git gud when no one will be playing? It's taking me a couple of mins to find games at the moment (and this is when the buzz is). I fear I'll be basically playing the same three people every other day who are in my country and playing it :lol:

Not committed one way or another yet (regarding buying PES), but I have food for thought.
  • Jboom98
    146 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    How good is Pes 20 compared to FIFA 20 I was impressed with Pes 19 first time I've played Pes meanwhile FIFA is becoming a dinosaur that likes repetitiveness rather than having an imagination this year I'm going to buy Pes 20 even FIFA YouTubers have had enough and are saying Pes master league this year is groundbreaking I think the gap is closing between Pes and FIFA I think people are too judgmental too try Pes just give it a chance and who knows maybe one day Pes will overtake FIFA.
  • FinEverton
    Jboom98 wrote: »
    How good is Pes 20 compared to FIFA 20 I was impressed with Pes 19 first time I've played Pes meanwhile FIFA is becoming a dinosaur that likes repetitiveness rather than having an imagination this year I'm going to buy Pes 20 even FIFA YouTubers have had enough and are saying Pes master league this year is groundbreaking I think the gap is closing between Pes and FIFA I think people are too judgmental too try Pes just give it a chance and who knows maybe one day Pes will overtake FIFA.

Fifas careermode been same like last ten years.
  • Shshj
    4193 posts National Call-Up
    Pre-ordered my copy today, I'll be playing FIFA for FUT & Clubs and PES for Master League this year - the additions they've made look incredible.

Slightly disappointed to see that Konami has delayed the first live update until the 12th though, which means the first two days of launch will have outdated squads and player models. Very poor for a sports game in 2019.
  • Safehands84
    3540 posts National Call-Up
    Has anybody got the full game yet. I played both pes and fifa until xmas last year then stopped playing pes. I actually prefer pes but I tend to play late evening UK time and could wait sometimes over 5 minutes for a game online. I only play around an hour a night so this was major problem and why I stopped playing. I only really play online, get bored playing the AI
  • arsenalap
    5222 posts Big Money Move
    What's the pes career mode about? any good?
  • Shaanxz
    20511 posts Club Captain
    People already have stupidly stacked teams in a day. Kills myclub again within a month again