EA I'm tired of your servers giving an unfair advantage to users close to them

Comments

• Pads89
    88 posts Park Captain
    Retro_G wrote: »
    Pablofsi08 wrote: »
    They won't go back to P2P for fut Champions, they'd have too many 30-0 cheaters.

Then they need to solve the security issue somehow.

Impossible, too easy to get your opponents IP address, send a DDoS attack. It's a mode that qualifies people for prize tournaments, they won't go back to a P2P system that allows cheating.

Hence update their security, no proper game that relies on p2p gives access to either parties IP address, and when one party member involved has a fluctuating ping (latency, tampering, unable to play fairly) then the match is ended with a warning for them (no win or loss) and the stable given the automatic win

I was playing pes the other day and this happened. I got a msg during a game saying my oppositions connection had deteriorated , the match ended an I was awarded the win.
  • Anarki301
    308 posts Sunday League Hero

How are you going to choose who you play with, what impact will that have, if the current servers netcode only gives you two options: connect to a far away server (Brazil) or connect to a server an obscenely amount of kilometers away (US)? And you can't even choose which one you'll go to.

The only way to really choose who you want to play with, with a specific latency is by playing under P2P netcode.

Firstly, I'm not suggesting any solution, like I said I just have my own experience, and for me, the problem is much more apparent when I face people from certain countries, so, if I'm able to see where is my opponent is located before the match, I can choose not to play or to play that match, hence, improved experience for me personally. Maybe it's different in Europe compared to you guys in South America, idk, I face people from many countries, but only have real problems when I face people from a few of all those countries, so, I mean I don't want to pick opponents, but also I don't want to waste 20 minutes every second or third match, if I have a choice, anyway.
  • Retro_G
    29187 posts Player of the Year
    edited July 31
    Pads89 wrote: »
    They won't go back to P2P for fut Champions, they'd have too many 30-0 cheaters.

Impossible, too easy to get your opponents IP address, send a DDoS attack. It's a mode that qualifies people for prize tournaments, they won't go back to a P2P system that allows cheating.

Hence update their security, no proper game that relies on p2p gives access to either parties IP address, and when one party member involved has a fluctuating ping (latency, tampering, unable to play fairly) then the match is ended with a warning for them (no win or loss) and the stable given the automatic win

I was playing pes the other day and this happened. I got a msg during a game saying my oppositions connection had deteriorated , the match ended an I was awarded the win.

That was your opponent cheating, purposely manipulating his connection to try make the game void. It has been a huge problem on PES for years, then you've the lag switching bellends. Peer to peer can't work when you're qualifying for big LAN tournaments through online. Even fighting games that still use peer to peer will have you go to local LAN tournaments in order to qualify for the big events.
  • Retro_G

You said yourself you're not a tech guy. On development environments I have seen some people do some attempts at this idea. I would love someone from EA's networks area to come and post his vision on this. And I'm specifically talking about devs looking at ways to hide the IP of a particular game server from Windows (for example, by hiding it purposefully from it), or trying to find other solutions.

I never said I wasn't a tech guy.
  • Pablofsi08
    407 posts Sunday League Hero

That was your opponent cheating, purposely manipulating his connection to try make the game void. It has been a huge problem on PES for years, then you've the lag switching bellends. Peer to peer can't work when you're qualifying for big LAN tournaments through online. Even fighting games that still use peer to peer will have you go to local LAN tournaments in order to qualify for the big events.

If it's for security P2P can't, but if it's for delay, if servers are there to qualify people P2P can do it much better.
  • Retro_G

If it's for security P2P can't, but if it's for delay, if servers are there to qualify people P2P can do it much better.

I agree, P2P will give you a much better experience in a 1vs1 game with good netcode. MK 11 has the best netcode I've ever played in an online game, it's P2P. They also let you know before the game starts if your opponent is using wi-fi or ethernet cable, the numerical ping value. I can play against people with a 100ms ping on that game who're using an ethernet cable, the game will still be incredibly smooth. I avoid wi-fi opponents.
  • Pablofsi08

I agree, P2P will give you a much better experience in a 1vs1 game with good netcode. MK 11 has the best netcode I've ever played in an online game, it's P2P. They also let you know before the game starts if your opponent is using wi-fi or ethernet cable, the numerical ping value. I can play against people with a 100ms ping on that game who're using an ethernet cable, the game will still be incredibly smooth. I avoid wi-fi opponents.

Exactly my point and this is a 1v1 sports game, like to a fighting game (like MK XI, X after patch, SF5, GGPO, Fightcade, Skullgirls, Killer Instinct on Xbox) P2P can bring that amazing minimization of input delay to Fifa.
  • Pablofsi08

Yes, this is one of the things that need to be done. Punish the people who lag by disconnecting them or ending the match and giving a loss to the one that lagged (with the corresponding warning of why this happened) and a win or draw for the other player (and we need a reconnect option too), punish who is lagging, educate them, but don't solve things by bringing servers netcode which is causing an unbearable delay and it's killing the game.
  • Orison
    48631 posts FIFA Cover Star
    Antiseen wrote: »
    Orison wrote: »
    Agree with op. I play from Russia, and almost everytime I play against Germans/holland players game feels onesided delay.

But if you ask germans, they probably gonna say that they have no advantage and it’s all in our head. And I totally see why they don’t admit it, cuz it’s gonna expose them.

That’s why we probably see so many Germans qualified for events but I can’t remember a German who won actual tournament LOL

You qualify via qualifiers that are played on p2p.

But I don't expect someone who issues statements like that to inform himself.

Let me guess, you are German?)

To enter qualifiers, you have to qualify through fut champs, which is dedicated server

You need 27 wins, once. If you can't reach that even in south america or Australia then you aren't good enough anyways.
    Agree with op. I play from Russia, and almost everytime I play against Germans/holland players game feels onesided delay.

But if you ask germans, they probably gonna say that they have no advantage and it’s all in our head. And I totally see why they don’t admit it, cuz it’s gonna expose them.

That’s why we probably see so many Germans qualified for events but I can’t remember a German who won actual tournament LOL

You play qualifiers on FUT Champions and last time I checked it uses servers, which is the reason why we are complaining here.

You play qualifiers on p2p. It has absolutely nothing to do with fut champions apart from getting 27 wins once which is relatively easy for anyone good enough to qualify no matter the conditions he has to play in.

But as I said I expect people to not know anything and then act as if their statements (based on a lack of knowledge) were factual. Fits a lot of their other statements.
  • Pablofsi08
    edited August 1

To enter qualifiers, you have to qualify through fut champs, which is dedicated server

You need 27 wins, once. If you can't reach that even in south america or Australia then you aren't good enough anyways.

You play qualifiers on FUT Champions and last time I checked it uses servers, which is the reason why we are complaining here.

You play qualifiers on p2p. It has absolutely nothing to do with fut champions apart from getting 27 wins once which is relatively easy for anyone good enough to qualify no matter the conditions he has to play in.

But as I said I expect people to not know anything and then act as if their statements (based on a lack of knowledge) were factual. Fits a lot of their other statements.

Come and get 27 wins at 20, 25, 30 animation frames input delay against brazilians who have 2 or 3 animation frames input delay, 250ms vs 15, 20ms. Over 1000% less delay than you. You obviously have no idea what you are talking about and believe me you have way less idea than Nicolas who says the same thing. And he also says P2P > servers.

You play qualifiers on servers simply because: 1. You are playing on FUT Champions which is servers netcode based and 2. Do you seriously believe that EA would allow, under the current P2P iteration Fifa has on single matches, allow someone on the qualifiers to see someone else's IP?
  • Antiversum
    5777 posts Big Money Move
    Good thing nobody cried for Servers when only P2P Was possible :)
  • Pablofsi08
    Antiversum wrote: »
    Good thing nobody cried for Servers when only P2P Was possible :)

Yeah ikr.
  • Orison
    edited August 1

Come and get 27 wins at 20, 25, 30 animation frames input delay against brazilians who have 2 or 3 animation frames input delay, 250ms vs 15, 20ms. Over 1000% less delay than you. You obviously have no idea what you are talking about and believe me you have way less idea than Nicolas who says the same thing. And he also says P2P > servers.

You play qualifiers on servers simply because: 1. You are playing on FUT Champions which is servers netcode based and 2. Do you seriously believe that EA would allow, under the current P2P iteration Fifa has on single matches, allow someone on the qualifiers to see someone else's IP?

Did Nicolas or the Brazilians who are good enough to qualify get 27 wins? Oh wait, they did. Without any problems in fact.

You are simply not good enough, get over it.

Everybody who is able to qualify for tournaments is good enough to get 27 wins in any gameplay.
  • Sm0key_J0e
    437 posts Sunday League Hero
    The important thing here to understand is that EA will do absolutely nothing about it for FIFA 20.

Why would anyone continue to play on bad servers when on top of all Ronaldo suddenly plays in Piemonte Calcio?
  • Pablofsi08
    edited August 1

Did Nicolas or the Brazilians who are good enough to qualify get 27 wins? Oh wait, they did. Without any problems in fact.

Everybody who is able to qualify for tournaments is good enough to get 27 wins in any gameplay.

Are you slow dude? Nicolas is a monster and he can get 50 - 0 on 250ms latency (which precisely is what he is complaining about that Brazilian servers give him). Do you even read? do you know how infinitely difficult it is to get 27 wins at 250ms latency? It is worlds more feasible for brazilians who get that latency to their local servers to get that amount of victories.

Are you even saying that, all of a sudden, the fact that you know how to play this game makes you prepared somehow, creates in you the ability and the knowledge, and extreme vision you need in order to play under 250ms and still get 27 wins? so people good at the game who know the plays, magically know how to deal with 300ms latency. Sounds about right.

That is exactly what Nico says. There are a lot of people in Argentina who play well but CANNOT get enough skill on playing under 300ms latency. He is at the top of the hill on this game and says that by experience, and you on the other side, who never played suffering heavy delay, who are you? lol.
  • Orison

Are you slow dude? Nicolas is a monster and he can get 50 - 0 on 250ms latency (which precisely is what he is complaining about that Brazilian servers give him). Do you even read? do you know how infinitely difficult it is to get 27 wins at 250ms latency? It is worlds more feasible for brazilians who get that latency to their local servers to get that amount of victories.

Are you even saying that, all of a sudden, the fact that you know how to play this game makes you prepared somehow, creates in you the ability and the knowledge, and extreme vision you need in order to play under 250ms and still get 27 wins? so people good at the game who know the plays, magically know how to deal with 300ms latency. Sounds about right.

That is exactly what Nico says. There are a lot of people in Argentina who play well but CANNOT get enough skill on playing under 300ms latency. He is at the top of the hill on this game and says that by experience, and you on the other side, who never played suffering heavy delay, who are you? lol.

What he says is wrong then.

All those people play under the same circumstances. If you can't reach 27 wins in any gameplay you aren't good enough anyways. There is no "I am Gold 1, but with decent ping I would be 30-0", that's laughable.

After getting 27 wins you then have to play a p2p qualifier. That qualifier is South America only so then you should be able to show your true skill. Oh wait, it's still the same people qualifying even on p2p.

27 wins is nothing that stops people from competing. If you can't reach that then you would get smacked around at qualifiers and tournaments anyways.
  • Pablofsi08
    edited August 1
    That qualifier is South America only

Should I assume Qualifiers are played on Single Matches just because you think so?
    All those people play under the same circumstances. If you can't reach 27 wins in any gameplay you aren't good enough anyways.

I guess probably the best player in the entire world is wrong and you know more than him.
  • Orison
    That qualifier is South America only

Should I assume Qualifiers are played on Single Matches just because you think so?
    All those people play under the same circumstances. If you can't reach 27 wins in any gameplay you aren't good enough anyways.

I guess probably the best player in the entire world is wrong and you know more than him.

What do you mean "think so"?

You could watch people stream the qualifiers and inviting each other :joy:
  • Pablofsi08
    I truly cannot conceive what someone would have on their mind (besides just having an interest in not losing their delay advantage against other consumers who are far away from the servers) when they go against EA developing P2P enough to include it as an option. An OPTION.
  • Royboy
    740 posts Semi-Pro
    D0lvl wrote: »
    It's bad for USA players also when football(soccer) isn't the most popular sport as it is in europe and south america. We get matched up with latin/south american players and they have the connection advantage. They obviously are close to a server because their players are much much faster than my bronze-like players. It's bad gaemplay when on throw-ins, your player who I just passed to fumbles the ball out of bounce - all without your doing. smh.

So true. I'm in california and am constantly getting matched with Brazilians - several 1000 miles away. Mexicans are my main opponents.

I get a good connection maybe 10% of the time - I'm 30 miles away from San Jose too (supposedly that's where the servers are).

As soon as constant pressure is engaged it gets worse - especially when the ball is around either penalty box. Can't turn, shoot, or pass when there is congestion around the ball. Pim cruyff feels like a bronze gk on the ball.
    D0lvl wrote: »
    It's bad for USA players also when football(soccer) isn't the most popular sport as it is in europe and south america. We get matched up with latin/south american players and they have the connection advantage. They obviously are close to a server because their players are much much faster than my bronze-like players. It's bad gaemplay when on throw-ins, your player who I just passed to fumbles the ball out of bounce - all without your doing. smh.

So true. I'm in california and am constantly getting matched with Brazilians - several 1000 miles away. Mexicans are my main opponents.

I get a good connection maybe 10% of the time - I'm 30 miles away from San Jose too (supposedly that's where the servers are).

As soon as constant pressure is engaged it gets worse - especially when the ball is around either penalty box. Can't turn, shoot, or pass when there is congestion around the ball. Pim cruyff feels like a bronze gk on the ball.

I thought we had a server here in California?
  • Pablofsi08
    The delay this morning is amazing. Ever since they removed what they did on the last patch the delay is absolutely horrible.
  • tworaf
    236 posts Sunday League Hero
    The delay this morning is amazing. Ever since they removed what they did on the last patch the delay is absolutely horrible.

the patch was great but they have no intention in punishing people with bad internet/wifi so they reverted it 🤣
  • Pablofsi08
    tworaf wrote: »

the patch was great but they have no intention in punishing people with bad internet/wifi so they reverted it 🤣

They were actually compensating for them and causing major delay, and now they removed the compensation but left the delay in lol.
  • Pablofsi08

See this is what Fifa should have.
  • Antiseen
    1329 posts Professional
    @Pablofsi08

I’m pretty sure this dude Orison plays from Germany, Brazil or holland, that’s probably why he acts like he does. I see why players from Germany/Holland/Brazil have no issues with dedicated servers. Cuz they get advantage out of it.
  • Orison
    @Pablofsi08

I’m pretty sure this dude Orison plays from Germany, Brazil or holland, that’s probably why he acts like he does. I see why players from Germany/Holland/Brazil have no issues with dedicated servers. Cuz they get advantage out of it.

Or any other European country lol. There is no noticable difference between playing from London, Dublin, Berlin or Amsterdam.
  • Pablofsi08
    edited August 7
    @Pablofsi08

Or any other European country lol. There is no noticable difference between playing from London, Dublin, Berlin or Amsterdam.

Because you played already from those countries right?

@bberger (in Austria) and a lot of people came here and mentioned how the servers netcode is even redirecting them from Europe to the US or is taking other weird lengthier routes before actually reaching the destination they are meant to be taken to and that gives them an awful latency.
  • Orison
    @Pablofsi08

Because you played already from those countries right?

@bberger (in Austria) and a lot of people came here and mentioned how the servers netcode is even redirecting them from Europe to the US or is taking other weird lengthier routes before actually reaching the destination they are meant to be taken to and that gives them an awful latency.

I played from Spain, Italy, Germany and the UK already yeah. It doesn't matter. Some games are fine, some games aren't (especially during Saturday evening).
  • silverdale10
    1402 posts Professional
    I always seem to get completely destroyed by Dutch players.
  • Pablofsi08
    Brazilians dribble like R10 in comparison with my MLS silver-like reaction times on dribbling. I gotta have a huge vision way ahead of their actions to stop them but they seem to also be able to insta-switch among defenders.