Ppl who dont understand first goal wins..

Rickardg
99 posts Has Potential To Be Special
Its just plain ****

Comments

• IAIK7
    3432 posts National Call-Up
    Only play those who have the same team name. The majority of the times they'll adhere to it. But you're right, every now and then you'll find someone who can't handle it and plays on.
  • WarrenBarton
    7583 posts League Winner
    Do you celebrate like a **** or spam exploits?

That’s the type of behaviour that would make me not wanna quit tbf
  • Kouli06
    1628 posts Play-Off Hero
    'First goal wins' is BS anyway.

Play to win the game over 90 minutes ffs.

Exactly this.
    Otherwise football rules would be golden goal from KO 😂
  • Rickardg
    Who plays single matches with mostly terrible gameplay willingly if it wasnt for objectives...?
  • Thunder001
    469 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited July 30
    'First goal wins' is BS anyway.

Play to win the game over 90 minutes ffs.

I have my team name as this, but play the full 90 mins as everyone backs out before playing otherwise. I also don't need anyone's help to do it.
  • Azof
    16592 posts World Class
    Imagine being this entitled, y i k e s
  • Damo_Suzuki
    2054 posts Fans' Favourite
    I agree. I meet loads who also have their name as 'first goal wins' and don't quit. Absolute ****. And for those saying they cant get a game thats nonsense. At least 50% don't have their name set as that when searching.

As if anyone plays the full 90 as well as WL and other objectives. I bet those saying they play the full 90 quit if they go 2 or 3 down anyway.
  • BeastlyHusla
    2775 posts Fans' Favourite
    Ive done First Goal Wins on numerous occasions through out this year especially for TOTS. Ive always played against people with same name or similar. Only handful wouldnt quit but would leave after second goal.
  • EekAlaska
    1664 posts Play-Off Hero
    Rickardg wrote: »
    Its just plain ****

If other person doesn't have it in their name they have no reason to do it.
  • limjitwe
    6779 posts Big Money Move
    Ill try “home team wins” later.
  • Jonboyparker
    5284 posts Big Money Move
    If you play someone that wants to play 90mins, it’s fair game. You can’t blame them.

If you want to do the objectives quick, only play the teams with the same team name. That way, you know you’re both on the same page. If they don’t quit... you know what to do 😉
  • Donovan86
    2674 posts Fans' Favourite
    Or just play the game
    Just a suggestion
  • hiya
    1500 posts Play-Off Hero
    home team wins lol
  • Jonboyparker
    edited July 30
    Mossup wrote: »
    If I put my team name as ‘I automatically win’ does that mean everyone should gift me a win?

Tbf if i loaded up my Icon team against your silver team... I’d give you the win. I don’t know why anyone should want to grind that out on the basis it means nothing to take a loss. Maybe not if I had a silver team though

Worth a go 😂
  • hayhor1
    14272 posts Has That Special Something
    Only EA wins
  • SPN1987
    2095 posts Fans' Favourite
    These first goal wins are BS. It's like taking shortcuts in a racing game. Why on earth do you play the game if you don't enjoy the grind? I honestly don't get people's obsession with winning / rewards.
  • SanderFC
    2658 posts Fans' Favourite
    The only occasion when I don't quit in online singles after my opponent scores is if he does a long full celebration while I pressed pause the moment the ball crossed the line. If he wants to waste my time, I'm not giving him a quick win
  • Staxdoobie
    674 posts An Exciting Prospect
    SPN1987 wrote: »
    These first goal wins are BS. It's like taking shortcuts in a racing game. Why on earth do you play the game if you don't enjoy the grind? I honestly don't get people's obsession with winning / rewards.

It's not an obsession with winning. But it IS about not missing out on the rewards. With all the other objectives to do (in which there are no shortcuts), Weekend League (for those that play it), Rivals, Squad Battles, working full-time, commuting for hours a day, looking after kids, living generally, I have no issue whatsoever with the players coming together once in a while to help each other out.

Speaking personally, it's not about feeling entitled, it's not about obsession with winning. It's about finding the time! I was matched up against a team called 'free wins' in Online Singles last night. That guy became my instant hero of the week! I've done it myself occasionally. We're all in this together, no harm in a little community solidarity.
  • lippyone
    1491 posts Play-Off Hero
    First goal wins is fine, can play a game every Five minutes.
    But what peeves me off is the people who do the massive pause at the start while they sort their subs out. So then I am forced to do the same to bring on my subs. It takes longer than the actual game.

Just leave the subs on the bench unless the opponent brings them on, it makes for a much faster game, and can move swiftly on to the next
  • cantonagod
    410 posts Sunday League Hero
    I don't mind first goal wins - what really annoys me is the people who call their team 1 st goal wins and when you score they refuse to quit......

If they don't call their team that no problem, play till the death - but some people only look to play people who have the same agenda (I.E Both teams called 1st goal wins) and when they don't stand by that its a bit wrong....
  • Rickardg
    For all the comments about Mutual understanding, ofcourse i only refer to the people that has the same team name but doesnt follow it. Instead they pause to make subs rather than forfeit and it becomes a lagfest trying to hold on to the lead or score more when it should have been a Quick GG on to the next one. If i want to play for real I go to rivals or futchamps.
  • SPN1987
    Staxdoobie wrote: »

It's not an obsession with winning. But it IS about not missing out on the rewards. With all the other objectives to do (in which there are no shortcuts), Weekend League (for those that play it), Rivals, Squad Battles, working full-time, commuting for hours a day, looking after kids, living generally, I have no issue whatsoever with the players coming together once in a while to help each other out.

Speaking personally, it's not about feeling entitled, it's not about obsession with winning. It's about finding the time! I was matched up against a team called 'free wins' in Online Singles last night. That guy became my instant hero of the week! I've done it myself occasionally. We're all in this together, no harm in a little community solidarity.

I get the time management point. But still when I complete any objective whatsoever I want to feel like I actually earned it. If you have limited spare time available you shouldn't be surprised missing out on a lot of rewards and have a mediocre squad throughout the year. People who play the game a lot deserve a way better squad than the ones putting in very little time relying on shortcuts to gain a few good cards. I just want to play with a SIlver squad on a regular base in the future against other people with a Silver squad actually completing the full 90 mins. Even when being 3,4-0 down there should be a reason to continue the match. For the sake of completing other objectives or something. Playing with a Silver squad in Divison 1 is suicide nowadays. Due to the game being completely centered around the ''Meta'' cards. Which shouldn't be the case to me. Playing with the same squad over and over and over is so boring to me. It's so unfortunate this game can be so much more than what it is today.
  • LiamSully
    6041 posts Big Money Move

I get the time management point. But still when I complete any objective whatsoever I want to feel like I actually earned it. If you have limited spare time available you shouldn't be surprised missing out on a lot of rewards and have a mediocre squad throughout the year. People who play the game a lot deserve a way better squad than the ones putting in very little time relying on shortcuts to gain a few good cards. I just want to play with a SIlver squad on a regular base in the future against other people with a Silver squad actually completing the full 90 mins. Even when being 3,4-0 down there should be a reason to continue the match. For the sake of completing other objectives or something. Playing with a Silver squad in Divison 1 is suicide nowadays. Due to the game being completely centered around the ''Meta'' cards. Which shouldn't be the case to me. Playing with the same squad over and over and over is so boring to me. It's so unfortunate this game can be so much more than what it is today.

What a self-righteous ****!
    "If you can't devote all the time, you shouldn't have a good team"
    "I get a sense of accomplishment by completing objectives in Fifa"

Your a middle-aged man deriding people who take short cuts in a computer game

GET A LIFE
  • Pieman25
    16236 posts World Class
    LiamSully wrote: »

GET A LIFE

He also made a thread complaining about someone shooting too much. So not only must you devote the time but also play in an exact way that meets his approval.
  • Jonboyparker
    It’s just a game. Play it how you want. Let others play how they want. If you both decide to play the same then great. If not, quit and start again. Its just singles.

If there was a short cut on another game, you’d take it. What’s different about Fifa. Keep going @richardg try not to get worked up about it.
  • SPN1987

GET A LIFE

To me it's just common sense kid. You want to play with a god squad by doing next to nothing to achieve it? I played about 1k games this year. I am completely fine not having a god squad due to not investing enough time in it. Yes I am definitely deriding people taking shortcuts. Nobody likes being robbed in a racing game either while being the most skilled driver as well....

GET SOME COMMON SENSE
  • SPN1987
    edited July 30
    Pieman25 wrote: »

GET A LIFE

He also made a thread complaining about someone shooting too much. So not only must you devote the time but also play in an exact way that meets his approval.

What the hell are you talking about? The shooting epidemic in this game is a result of it being way too effective taking completely random shots without taking anything into consideration like the surroudings, angle and body position etc. Isn't it just common sense that the guy who played double the games you played throughout the year is having a better squad than you do while having a similar skill level? It all has to do with common sense in my book.