The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on Console & on PC and includes the changes listed here.

Gold Most Consistent But Never IF TOTS

Comments

• JGomes wrote: »
    Sokker can you find someone who follows Ligue 1? As some said Nkoulou hasn't played enough games, and I pointed out that Mexer and Kjaer seem interesting for the Umtiti spot, I just don't know how they play on the regular basis :s

I'd say I do but really I only follow OM. 279869.gif
  • Thierry-VavaVoom
    4276 posts National Call-Up
    MJP wrote: »
    I love how the argument about Koscielny is if you watch him you'll realise how good he is and how he should be in the team, yet the guy running the thread is an Arsenal fan and still hasn't.
    Absolutely. All I'm doing is providing evidence for my opinion. If it's convincing then great if not then fine. There's a fair number of deserving PL players I think should go ahead of Van Dijk. Fabianski/Monreal/Sissoko for example. It's Sokkers judgement at the end of the day.
  • Dembaba19031903
    1106 posts Professional
    Demba Ba (Besiktas JK/Süper Lig) - Playing a very good season in the süper lig. He deserved an inform twice but did not manage to get one. He has 15 goals including 5 assists in the league and also scored goals in the europe league.
  • SF9
    8387 posts League Winner
    I love how the argument about Koscielny is if you watch him you'll realise how good he is and how he should be in the team, yet the guy running the thread is an Arsenal fan and still hasn't.
    Absolutely. All I'm doing is providing evidence for my opinion. If it's convincing then great if not then fine. There's a fair number of deserving PL players I think should go ahead of Van Dijk. Fabianski/Monreal/Sissoko for example. It's Sokkers judgement at the end of the day.
    SISSOKO, lol. Ok mate any other argument you try & have is now invalid after this proves you're delusional.
  • Thierry-VavaVoom
    SF9 wrote: »
    SISSOKO, lol. Ok mate any other argument you try & have is now invalid after this proves you're delusional.

I'm sorry I don't rate Van Dijk. I'm sure in the SPL he's compitent but he's playing Championship level opposition.
  • SF9
    8387 posts League Winner

I'm sorry I don't rate Van Dijk. I'm sure in the SPL he's compitent but he's playing Championship level opposition.

You realise the 6 spots are for the full of the UK, right? Just because he's playing in a different league doesn't make him less worthy of a spot. If that was the case, in the silver MC TOTS, it would be filled with BPL players as it's better than the Championship, despite high performers in a lower league. Logic.
  • Royyosti
    415 posts Sunday League Hero
    Sokker14 wrote: »
    How about this?

CB: Samuel Umtiti (Ligue 1 - Olympique Lyon) OUT
    CDM: Giannelli Imbula (Ligue 1 - Marseille) OUT

CB: Nicolas Nkoulou (Ligue 1 - Marseille) IN
    CM: Maxime Gonalons (Ligue 1 - Olympique Lyon) IN

@Sokker14 That would still be 3 players from the League 1 in the draft, aren't there any options from leagues that don't get their own full TOTS squad? Or do you think it shouldn't matter?
  • xXTato99Xx
    1300 posts Professional
    JGomes wrote: »
    Limitless wrote: »
    JGomes wrote: »
    Benfi wrote: »
    Jonas : Benfica:
    Reason : 22 Goals for 27 Matchs
    He has the fourth best goal ratio/game behind CR7 , Messi and Harry Kane

Should definitely be considered as well.

Half of those goals were scored in Cups... -.-"

Lol and cups aren't part of a football season? Thats an poor excuse.

Do cups count towards TOTW? No they don't. So why the hell would they count for TOTS? Only stats that matter are league ones...

You're just a Porto fan and want a Porto player in like the United fans want Jones in.

Jones is sh*t as well as United! Porto and Jackson are quality actually!

Sorry not sorry
  • Kos has easily been top 3 cb in Pl

I would like to see any reasons as to why he should not be included
  • Thierry-VavaVoom

You realise the 6 spots are for the full of the UK, right? Just because he's playing in a different league doesn't make him less worthy of a spot. If that was the case, in the silver MC TOTS, it would be filled with BPL players as it's better than the Championship, despite high performers in a lower league. Logic.

Thats entirely different. Silver PL players are a mixture of regular starters and bench players. Whilst silver championship players would be regular starters. So naturally Championship players have an advantage with exceptions of Berahino etc.
    Van Dijk can be likened to a championship player competing against PL players. If he was silver he'd be competing against lesser players but because he's gold he has to compete against much better quality players. Because of this he has to do more than what he has done so far to show that he's not just coasting by in a monopolised league. Whats to say other Celtic defenders are contributing to whatever assumbaly high Clean Sheet record Van Dijk has?
  • Lard_Lad
    12684 posts Has That Special Something

Thats entirely different. Silver PL players are a mixture of regular starters and bench players. Whilst silver championship players would be regular starters. So naturally Championship players have an advantage with exceptions of Berahino etc.
    Van Dijk can be likened to a championship player competing against PL players. If he was silver he'd be competing against lesser players but because he's gold he has to compete against much better quality players. Because of this he has to do more than what he has done so far to show that he's not just coasting by in a monopolised league. Whats to say other Celtic defenders are contributing to whatever assumbaly high Clean Sheet record Van Dijk has?

How do you define Van Dijks performance if you don't look at Clean Sheets the most important stat for a defender , I assume you don't watch Celtic every week
  • Royyosti
    415 posts Sunday League Hero

Impopular opinion coming up;
    We could end the discussion by just locking v Dijk for diversity reasons. BPL gets 5 spots, which is the most for any league in the MC. I bet if BPL alone would get 11 spots we'd still have endless discussions, now it feels like people are just bashing SPL because of the chance one of their players getting in.

• suggested: Crouch... Lol I died
  • Ortez
    2502 posts Fans' Favourite
    Royyosti wrote: »
    Sokker14 wrote: »
    @Sokker14 That would still be 3 players from the League 1 in the draft, aren't there any options from leagues that don't get their own full TOTS squad? Or do you think it shouldn't matter?

We could end the discussion by just locking v Dijk for diversity reasons. BPL gets 5 spots, which is the most for any league in the MC. I bet if BPL alone would get 11 spots we'd still have endless discussions, now it feels like people are just bashing SPL because of the chance one of their players getting in.

I agree with you more and more as the thread progresses. 1 less spot for L1, just give Van Dijk the spot, and finish up the BPL spots.
  • SF9
    8387 posts League Winner
    Whats to say other Celtic defenders are contributing to whatever assumbaly high Clean Sheet record Van Dijk has?
    They are. Which is exactly why Denayer is in the bronze TOTS. Van Dijk + Denayer as a pair have been great this season. As I said before, with Celtics attacking full backs it's normally up to them to cut out opposition attacks, yet they are both still allowed to roam forward & contribute offensively as it suits the Celtic managers style of play. As well as being amazing from set pieces, with the amount of goals they've both scored.

Whatever, I don't even play fifa anymore but the right decision imo is that Van Dijk should be in. I think Sokker agrees considering he's in there originally, and as an arsenal fan I'm sure he'd love Kos in there, but he should just miss out.
  • Thierry-VavaVoom
    Lard_Lad wrote: »

How do you define Van Dijks performance if you don't look at Clean Sheets the most important stat for a defender , I assume you don't watch Celtic every week

Clean sheets are a team statistic. You can't credit a specific player for keeping a clean sheet. One way you could see how important he is though would be to compare his teams defensive record with and without him.

Ie If Celtic started conceding 2 or 3 more goals to 10 man Patrick without Van Dijk you might have a case that he's been quite important to their season.
  • SF9
    8387 posts League Winner

Someone actually speaks sense. RT.
  • Thierry-VavaVoom
    Whats to say other Celtic defenders are contributing to whatever assumbaly high Clean Sheet record Van Dijk has?
    They are. Which is exactly why Denayer is in the bronze TOTS. Van Dijk + Denayer as a pair have been great this season. As I said before, with Celtics attacking full backs it's normally up to them to cut out opposition attacks, yet they are both still allowed to roam forward & contribute offensively as it suits the Celtic managers style of play. As well as being amazing from set pieces, with the amount of goals they've both scored.

Whatever, I don't even play fifa anymore but the right decision imo is that Van Dijk should be in. I think Sokker agrees considering he's in there originally, and as an arsenal fan I'm sure he'd love Kos in there, but he should just miss out.

Yeah that's fine. I'm just saying you can't really say Van Dijk has been worse or better than other PL defenders because they're in completely different scenarios.
  • Reus
    23102 posts Club Captain
    think koscielny deserves a spot tbh, he doesnt really have much competition

i cant think of three BPL players that actually deserve to be in this let alone 6
  • 'For diversity reasons' it's for British leagues. Why should Scotland get a player if he and their league is ❤️❤️❤️❤️?
  • Thunder0
    141 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Its probably been talked about sorry I haven't been following along, but are we really doing the thing again where we include someone like Hazard even though he is a 100% lock to make the BPL TOTS? I don't get it, they are giving us a chance to pick our own TOTS and we waste limited spots on duplicate cards?
  • Thunder0 wrote: »
    Its probably been talked about sorry I haven't been following along, but are we really doing the thing again where we include someone like Hazard even though he is a 100% lock to make the BPL TOTS? I don't get it, they are giving us a chance to pick our own TOTS and we waste limited spots on duplicate cards?

Because Alex Song never got in this TOTS one year because everyone thought he'd get in PL TOTS, which he never ended up having.
  • omg fricking Ba suggestions keep coming dont they!

the guy has been sleepwalking for the past 2 months, only scoring from penalties.. his form is gone mates, should be nowhere near a Consistent TOTS
  • For me Imbula on ligue 1 ! He is a monster !
  • Although he was injured for a while, when he was in the defence Arsenal looked like a different team. Laurent Koscielny is one of the most under-rated defenders in the Premier League and was robbed of his TOTS last year which although I know Mertesacker played well last season, but Koscielny was a class above and has proven that again this year. If you look at his stats he is up there with the very top and performances he gives week in and week out should not go un-noticed.

Another one to add, I would say is Xabi Alonso. Have people forgotten about him?! He's made Bayern a much better team. He doesn't over-complicate the game, he just simply plays the ball short or long with such grace. Not many players like him anymore and he's getting on but showing everybody he still has it to prove that he's one of the best in his position still. Definitely deserves to be there ahead of Henderson and I honestly do believe Henderson deserves to be there, just disappointing how everybody seems to have forgotten him.

Lastly, I would like to think Fernandinho would be in contention as well. Although Manchester City have hit a bit of a road block and look to be going down rather than up, Fernandinho has been the rock for City when they've needed him. Fernando does the business defensively, and with Yaya Toure not exactly bringing the goods, Fernandinho has stepped up whenever he's needed to. Goals and assists don't always make a player. Look at Fabregas. First half of the season I think he deserved one, now he doesn't in my eyes. May have plenty of assists but this is Team of The SEASON, not Team of the FIRST HALF of the season. Fernandinho has been criminally under-rated and he deserves to be noticed more whether it be in real life or Fifa. At the end of the day, who wouldn't like to see his TOTS MC and also take into account how good and consistent he has been?
  • Thunder0
    141 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Thunder0 wrote: »

Because Alex Song never got in this TOTS one year because everyone thought he'd get in PL TOTS, which he never ended up having.

Fair enough, I understand some of the player that may be on the fence or even someone who is a near lock. But I think everyone can agree Hazard, the best player on the best team in the PL this season, is a 100% lock to get in. I just don't understand the point of including someone like that
  • SF9
    8387 posts League Winner
    I'm pretty sure Fernandinho has had an IF? & Xabi Alonso plays in the Bundesliga while Henderson is in the BPL.
  • Marcelo LB of the Real Madrid
    I think that Marcelo should to be a TOTS consistent because he always played well, is very skilled in all the games, contributes to attack when the team needs him and defending is very good, is very very very complete. The league BBVA only have a Jordi Alba in FUT because he only has pace... don't exist other better, the others are very bad and I think that Marcelo in the real life is as good as Jordi Alba but Marcelo has a much better attack, he deserves a TOTS.
  • Thunder0 wrote: »
    Thunder0 wrote: »

Fair enough, I understand some of the player that may be on the fence or even someone who is a near lock. But I think everyone can agree Hazard, the best player on the best team in the PL this season, is a 100% lock to get in. I just don't understand the point of including someone like that

Yeah, I don't understand it either. It's completely idiotic, you can understand Matic (despite him being awful the past 3 months), but Hazard is a certainty.
  • I think that Nani is not being taken in consideration although a lot of users mentioned him (including me). This team is made by all users, not by 2/3 who monopolize the choices. There are many players suggested by many users that are just ignored...