OT: Pes 20 demo

Comments

• I SiR MartY I
    5456 posts Big Money Move
    The demo is pretty poor. It hasn't sold me at all, dribbling is clunky the AI don't really play differently, the game doesn't feel like an improvement over PES 19 and it still plays worse than FIFA 19, which is saying something considering its the worst FIFA this gen. If the finished product is anything like this, then its another dire PES game.

Don't think Konami are able to actually take advantage of EA's terrible management of FIFA, instead they just continue to release a football game that is just as bad as FIFA.
  • Boysie91
    8191 posts League Winner
    I will be buying both this year. I normally wait until xmas until I get PES but this new one looks intresting so I will buy PES on release.
  • The demo is pretty poor. It hasn't sold me at all, dribbling is clunky the AI don't really play differently, the game doesn't feel like an improvement over PES 19 and it still plays worse than FIFA 19, which is saying something considering its the worst FIFA this gen. If the finished product is anything like this, then its another dire PES game.

Don't think Konami are able to actually take advantage of EA's terrible management of FIFA, instead they just continue to release a football game that is just as bad as FIFA.

Pes is a game that grows on you ,i think
  • Retro_G
    28223 posts Player of the Year
    swfcfan89 wrote: »
    Retro_G wrote: »
    Not impressed so far. Very clunky.

Are you playing online/offline?

Online.

Playing people on the other side of the world in New Zealand will give you sluggish, unresponsive gameplay. That's why I'm waiting until tomorrow to download, because I'll get some low ping games. Try offline, you will see how it's meant to feel.
  • Recoba
    3604 posts National Call-Up
  • SinkXI
    783 posts Semi-Pro
    I’m 2 games in now, genuinely can’t even describe how bad this is.
  • Recoba
    3604 posts National Call-Up
    edited July 29
    SinkXI wrote: »

Yeah super slow and clunky like someone said before, and the dribbling is terrible. And I'm a huge PES fan.
  • SinkXI
    783 posts Semi-Pro
    Recoba wrote: »

Yeah super slow and clunky like someone said before, and the dribbling is terrible. And I'm a huge PES fan.

Me too man, I’ve been pes first right up until 2019 releases. I’m actually so disappointed in this demo, it plays like a really really laggy fifa match. Dribbling is awful, passing is crap. Graphics are good and that’s about where it ends
  • swfcfan89
    887 posts Semi-Pro

Online.

Playing people on the other side of the world in New Zealand will give you sluggish, unresponsive gameplay. That's why I'm waiting until tomorrow to download, because I'll get some low ping games. Try offline, you will see how it's meant to feel.

Maybe. I didn't feel any lag or delay, connection seemed good and it was responsive in terms of what I wanted to do, it just wasn't very good to play. Goals looked rubbish, GK animations awful like usual, player movements very clunky, ball just bouncing back to the attacker after tackles like FIFA.

I'm a PES guy at heart because it's what I grew up with but they no longer have the winning formula like they had in the PS2 days.
  • SinkXI
    783 posts Semi-Pro

Online.

Maybe. I didn't feel any lag or delay, connection seemed good and it was responsive in terms of what I wanted to do, it just wasn't very good to play. Goals looked rubbish, GK animations awful like usual, player movements very clunky, ball just bouncing back to the attacker after tackles like FIFA.

I'm a PES guy at heart because it's what I grew up with but they no longer have the winning formula like they had in the PS2 days.

I was playing offline and still felt all of that
  • Pieman25
    15987 posts World Class
    Sounds promising, I'll give it a miss.
  • U play 300 games of fifa,, then 10 of pes, that too like fifa(99 pace/99 dribble/satellite passing) n complain it's not good
  • malky
    235 posts Sunday League Hero
    Defo👍
  • Retro_G
    edited July 29

Heard the right stick is meant for close dribbling. It takes time to get used to a new PES, it usually has a stepper learning curve than Fifa, change the pass assist setting.
  • OfficerJimlahey
    1708 posts Play-Off Hero
    Doesn’t sound good so far although PES has to be mastered. It takes a lot to be a decent PES player so hopefully it’s not as bad as the initial reviews

Are you guys on ps? Can’t find it on the Xbox store
  • selb
    6373 posts Big Money Move
    Pieman25 wrote: »

Now you're not a mod @Pieman25 I can appreciate what a tremendous guy you are
  • Pieman25
    15987 posts World Class
    selb wrote: »

Not sure why you care what sort of guy I am or why you feel you're in a position to judge me as a person but you have a good day there chum if that's what does it for you.
  • torakun
    1591 posts Play-Off Hero
    If you play like fifa auto assist, pass pass pass, in front of goal, shoot, rinse and repeat, you are not meant for pes.

If you like to play some proper football that requires more thinking and patience, you'll be rewarded by it.

That's always been on majority of pes. Also, pes always requires more learning curve to master. Trying out with a different team won't cut it. Go into tutorial and practice match will.
  • selb
    edited July 29

Not sure why you care what sort of guy I am or why you feel you're in a position to judge me as a person but you have a good day there chum if that's what does it for you.

Hmm maybe not, I meant that comment as a compliment coz you seem like a proper stand up guy with a great sense of humour, but whatever man
  • Riotiga
    292 posts Sunday League Hero
    Graphics look like next gen. Cant go back to FIFA after playing the demo lol. Menu is now far cleaner and smoother. Still need to figure out how game plan works though.

Dribbling and shooting are definitely different from FUT, no more skillfest with the right stick. I admit transitioning from the fast paced FUT is difficult, but give it a chance and you might be surprised to realize how good this game actually is.

For context I played >1500 FUT matches this year, and I am willing to give PES a chance this year.
  • Pocketsquareguy
    4863 posts Big Money Move

Although I love PES (have not played the new demo). I can say without a doubt i like him much better now t

I think what he is saying (and I feel the same) is you’re more outspoken with what you have to say, regardless of if I agree or don’t. I don’t think he means real life. More like a tremendous poster.
  • Pablofsi08
    393 posts Sunday League Hero
    It also takes a lot of time to become decent (truly decent, not sweaty decent) at Fifa anyway, but if Konami gives us an option to choose to play on P2P instead of servers I'm buying that **** just to support them.
  • Retro_G
    Pablofsi08 wrote: »
    It also takes a lot of time to become decent (truly decent, not sweaty decent) at Fifa anyway, but if Konami gives us an option to choose to play on P2P instead of servers I'm buying that **** just to support them.

PES uses peer to peer, always have done.
  • Pieman25
    15987 posts World Class

Although I love PES (have not played the new demo). I can say without a doubt i like him much better now t

I think what he is saying (and I feel the same) is you’re more outspoken with what you have to say, regardless of if I agree or don’t. I don’t think he means real life. More like a tremendous poster.

Apologies to @selb if I've taken that wrong, off sick today with a sinus infection so just up after yet another sleep.

The game itself looks too clunky from me, even the bits Inception likes in the video I'm hating. Fifa UT is pure arcade and stupidly fast, if it's the game you play then PES is probably going to feel slow as. A few of the comments here already seem to reflect that.
  • selb

Apologies to @selb if I've taken that wrong, off sick today with a sinus infection so just up after yet another sleep.

The game itself looks too clunky from me, even the bits Inception likes in the video I'm hating. Fifa UT is pure arcade and stupidly fast, if it's the game you play then PES is probably going to feel slow as. A few of the comments here already seem to reflect that.

No worries @Pieman25, I didn't mean to sound like I was judging you, I genuinely enjoy reading your posts, they're comical and knowledgeable, for obvious reasons we never got to see this side of you when you were mod.

I played PES 19 for a bit earlier this year, if 20 is anything like that then it's not gonna be enjoyable, at least with FIFA theres a lot of content that can distract from the terrible gameplay at times, MyClub is just a barren desert of content
  • Pocketsquareguy
    4863 posts Big Money Move

PES is definitely slower. I felt like the speed of PES 19 was perfect. So I’ll have to see what the demo is like. Too much slower would be an issue. Everything I’ve read says fifa 20 plays much slower. Which I’m a fan of. I don’t like the game to play at lightning speed.
  • madwullie
    4163 posts National Call-Up

This guy is DESPERATE to like this.
  • Pieman25
    15987 posts World Class
    madwullie wrote: »

If it had EA at the start on the title I'm guessing he'd call it trash, it really does feel forced the things he's praising. If you like the game more power to you, it's personal preference and for those who do good luck to them. This review just doesn't come across as natural at all.
  • OfficerJimlahey
    1708 posts Play-Off Hero
    madwullie wrote: »

If it had EA at the start on the title I'm guessing he'd call it trash, it really does feel forced the things he's praising. If you like the game more power to you, it's personal preference and for those who do good luck to them. This review just doesn't come across as natural at all.

I haven’t liked fifa for a while and am an old PES head at heart but I have to agree. PES is something that’s mastered over time, the things he’s hyping up are just too forced. Also his fake shot didn’t register and was totally fine with it. Something seems very off about this review.

• Bobo23
    622 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Played a few games on the demo, the game feels much heavier/slower than Fifa, you kinda have to wipe your memory of your fifa habits when trying pes. Otherwise it's impossible to adapt.