Manchester United Football Club

Comments

• Low Ki
    11808 posts Has That Special Something
    edited July 26
    Low Ki wrote: »
    Why not both? Our midfield was disjointed and there was a huge separation between it and or attackers and defenders whenever opponents pressed us.

I know people point out how badly we need a CB as a reason for wanting Maguire, but let's not pretend last year our forwards didnt have supply issues when it came to creating chances.
    Apollo wrote: »
    Why not both? Our midfield was disjointed and there was a huge separation between it and or attackers and defenders whenever opponents pressed us.

I know people point out how badly we need a CB as a reason for wanting Maguire, but let's not pretend last year our forwards didnt have supply issues when it came to creating chances.

Not sure how you'd get both and Pogba all in a team without shoehorning one of them into a position they're not suited to.

Have you seen City's team? Full of attackers everywhere with just Fernandinho anchoring a very exposed defense. The awkwardness from how we transitioned from defense to offense killed games for us.

Entirely different system.

And we don’t have a strong enough anchor to get away with that.

So then my are we sticking with Matic after his disaster last season?

While we need a CB, we've lost two first team midfielders last season. Hererra in particular was a huge loss. Needs to be addressed way before we waste time with Maguire.
  • Low Ki
    edited July 26
    Ahmer50x wrote: »

Not sure how you'd get both and Pogba all in a team without shoehorning one of them into a position they're not suited to.

Have you seen City's team? Full of attackers everywhere with just Fernandinho anchoring a very exposed defense. The awkwardness from how we transitioned from defense to offense killed games for us.

While we need a CB, we've lost two first team midfielders last season. Hererra in particular was a huge loss.

Nope.

D3yhs7mWkAA3Am8.jpg

Too much pressure for the kid. We need a rotation option. Even Phil Jones showed potential in that role years ago and we saw how that ended when things went bad.

And last thing we need is a "he will come good" phase by fans that lasts for 6 years like with fat Anderson and Cleverley.
  • Ahmer50x
    18976 posts World Class

While we need a CB, we've lost two first team midfielders last season. Hererra in particular was a huge loss.

Nope.

D3yhs7mWkAA3Am8.jpg

Too much pressure for the kid. We need a rotation option. Even Phil Jones showed potential in that role years ago and we saw how that ended when things went bad.

He's older than Rashford and has nearly 50 appearances already.

Not a kid anymore. Time to sink or swim.
  • WelshWizard
    731 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited July 27
    B)

LOL. I mean there were definitely alternatives listed earlier on in the window that we were supposedly interested in before we landed and fixated on Maguire.

Nevermind bye everyone.

wtf

Gone away for a bit not going to be as active. I know you all missed my bullet points for the last game. :D Gomes <3

I'm sure on system but honestly have no idea about who going to start and where in that front 3 now. GK, Defence and CDM/CM I'm quite sure, rest I got no clue. Dybala available and willing. I'm 100% fine with it if Ole wants and got to be our 10 but if we mess around and miss out on anyone I'll be very disappointed,
    Post edited by WelshWizard on
  • ViVaWhom
    8233 posts League Winner
    i can see dybala being one of those that whines about lack of sunshine and as main reason to not move to england
  • Alex02
    2754 posts Fans' Favourite
    can’t see it but would love to see
    Dybala
    Martial Bruno Rashford
    Pogba McTominay
  • TakeItSlow
    7483 posts League Winner
    Dybala is insanely inconsistent. You’re better off selling Lukaku for that 70m and then buying Eriksen.
  • WelshWizard
    731 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited July 27

Forwards having supply issues is another reason we need another CB to move ball forward quick enough so teams are not fully set for the direct forwards. if we don't get one I would throw Axel straight in, just looking at him alongside Lindelof shows the worth of having two ball players back there. How much collecting Pogba had to do last season just to get out of our half was a joke but we are easy targets when you can just press Lindelof and man mark rest.

Matic slows it down McTominay has been way better in breaking lines and in transition in pre-season. and getting it to the forwards.

FB will support but not going to be our main creative element. A lot will depend on a link player in 10 to feed the forwards chances cause in reality they are not creators but direct players who chances are more likely on the break especially vs the better teams, rest of the league Angel or Mata could do a job at 10 most likely just to find that final pass.

Lukaku needs the service Rashford/Martial/James/Greenwood just need the ball to run and moving it from the back to them quick is the key.

• Low Ki
    edited July 27
    200m bid incoming.

Joao Felix has hit the ground running.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    32011 posts National Team Captain
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    Dybala is insanely inconsistent. You’re better off selling Lukaku for that 70m and then buying Eriksen.

Dybala was pretty consistent when he played CF or 10.

His consistency dropped when he was being shifted around to both wings.

• Low Ki
    I think Dybala works as a narrow winger drifting centrally much like Mata can play. He's not a speedster like James, but there's a fluidity to his play that allows him to play as close as possible to the main forward(s) with the option for the front 3 or 4 to be a bit more fluid.

Sure it'll be nice to replicate the days of Giggs and Becks on the wings, but we simply don't have the power and stability in the midfield to accommodate this. And a narrow system can compensate for this.
  • Retro_G
    29628 posts Player of the Year

Nope.

D3yhs7mWkAA3Am8.jpg

:joy:
  • Apollo
    15587 posts World Class
    edited July 27
    Arsenal on the verge of getting Pepe done. The BBC are reporting it. A winger was one of the areas they needed to address that they were weak in. Likely to get Tierney done at some point as well.

If we don't get our business done this window and get Ole his targets, Judge has to be sacked. This window has been a shambles. There hasn't been any progress in ages and we still have so much business we need to do. We're running out of time.
  • Gervonta
    4058 posts National Call-Up
    As much as I like dybala as a player, personally I don’t want him.

He’ll be another player that doesn’t fit the system and we’d end up having to try and fit things around him.

Changing to a 4-2-3-1 will only stifle pogba unless you get a Kante esque CDM next to him.
  • Apollo
    15587 posts World Class

We knew it but here's confirmation.
  • TakeItSlow
    7483 posts League Winner

It has to be said this speaks volumes. Raul is a footballing man, he knows what it’s about. Woodward just isn’t, you need a shake up in that regard so bad.
  • Apollo
    15587 posts World Class
    edited July 27

It has to be said this speaks volumes. Raul is a footballing man, he knows what it’s about. Woodward just isn’t, you need a shake up in that regard so bad.

Without a doubt. Woodward and Judge are incompetent. We all hate that they're in charge of transfers (and footballing matters in general). Woodward should stick to the commercial side and get someone with a footballing background in to deal with the footballing side of running the club.
  • TakeItSlow
    7483 posts League Winner

Without a doubt. Woodward and Judge are incompetent. We all hate that they're in charge of transfers (and footballing matters in general). Woodward should stick to the commercial side and get a someone with a footballing background in to deal with the footballing side of running the club.

Yes agreed you need that ASAP. We were very lucky to get Raul. For example we haven’t worked with Jorge Mendes for 22 years, because of Wenger who did everything. And now the guy that we have working on the Pepe deal? Jorge Mendes.

Speaks volumes lol.
  • Retro_G
    29628 posts Player of the Year
    Arsenal on the verge of getting Pepe done. The BBC are reporting it. A winger was one of the areas they needed to address that they were weak in. Likely to get Tierney done at some point as well.

If we don't get our business done this window and get Ole his targets, Judge has to be sacked. This window has been a shambles. There hasn't been any progress in ages and we still have so much business we need to do. We're running out of time.

Arsenal are having a better window, you've got put them ahead of us for top 4 now, considering we've only added two players. Pepe looks like a quality signing, he has the potential to be world class.
  • TakeItSlow
    7483 posts League Winner
    Retro_G wrote: »

Arsenal are having a better window, you've got put them ahead of us for top 4 now, considering we've only added two players. Pepe looks like a quality signing, he has the potential to be world class.

Also likely to bring Tierney in and a CB as we would’ve only spent around £25M this summer IF Pepe comes.
  • Keano
    13632 posts Has That Special Something
    If arsenal get pepe, i would put them ahead of us.... the only thing thats questionable is their defence. Arsenal have not spouted about how much money they have or throwing about anything theyve jut been quiet and then pulled out three transfers in the last few days if they get pepe. Our guys act like we are still under fergie and throw about a major rebuild and get.... Less than a club that untill this week hadnt done anything really.

That speaks volumes, arsenal can get three players in a week, we signed AWB about a month ago and yet nothing since.
  • Apollo
    15587 posts World Class

Wouldn't go any higher than that if its true. If they wont accept that, move on to Ole's second choice at DM.

Ole wants a CB, DM and CM still. Maguire, Longstaff and Bruno. At the rate Judge is going we'll be lucky to get one of them done by the end of the window.
  • Keano
    13632 posts Has That Special Something

Wouldn't go any higher than that if its true. If they wont accept that, move on to Ole's second choice at DM.

Ole wants a CB, DM and CM still. Maguire, Longstaff and Bruno. At the rate Judge is going we'll be lucky to get one of them done by the end of the window.

I’m genuinely staying off this forum more atm as i just get annoyed at seeing us saying the same things and being right about the fact that woodward and judge being to incompetent to have a good window.
  • Ahmer50x
    18976 posts World Class
    I’m not terribly concerned that Arsenal are getting Pepe.

Don’t think a winger matters that much for them.

Like IMO Maguire is more points added to the team than Pepe.
  • Apollo
    15587 posts World Class
    Keano wrote: »

I’m genuinely staying off this forum more atm as i just get annoyed at seeing us saying the same things and being right about the fact that woodward and judge being to incompetent to have a good window.

Yeah I know what you mean. Less than two weeks to go in the window so at least this **** will be over with soon. Absolutely ridiculous how bad they've gone about this window and how they're not backing Ole with his targets. I'd sack Judge at the end of this window, but I highly doubt that happens.
  • Ahmer50x
    18976 posts World Class
    The delays at this point mean Judge should be sacked regardless.
  • TakeItSlow
    7483 posts League Winner
    I’m not terribly concerned that Arsenal are getting Pepe.

Don’t think a winger matters that much for them.

Like IMO Maguire is more points added to the team than Pepe.

We were forced to play in a 5 back with Auba and laca up front and AMN/Kolasinac providing our width.

It makes a huge difference.