is FIFA anything like real football?

frankibo
75 posts Park Captain
The more disenfranchised I have become over this year with fifa the more I am able to step back from my obsession with playing it and assess it clearly.

Fifa is absolutely nothing like real football. It doesn't look or feel or play like football at all. I feel like we've all become so used to it over the last few years that we are too blind too see how much of a joke it has become. Forget all the gameplay issues, even if they were fixed at it's core it just isn't anything like football.

Seriously considering PES this year for the first time ever.

Comments

  • Benja190782
    1418 posts Play-Off Hero
    Spot on! It’s not about football more. It’s about doing exploits and get rewarded with it.
  • marktko
    123 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I was thinking this this week after more woeful results that this is the case. Don’t get me wrong the guys in the higher divisions are excellent gamers and just play and exploit the game the way they can.

    But the ping pong tackling they nearly always win and the ability to get back up after losing the ball and run back after you and get it back is just ****.

    The other day I had a free kick in my own half and wanted to pass to one of two players nearby. The guy I was playing just ran around in a circle with one of his players like between the two till I decided which one to pass to - what do you know he got to the ball and intercepted before it reached.

    Now I take my hat off that’s good to be able to do that but that’s not realism.
  • Rossi1000
    491 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Pes is no better than fifa still has massive in-game interference like fifa does

  • frankibo
    75 posts Park Captain
    Rossi1000 wrote: »
    Pes is no better than fifa still has massive in-game interference like fifa does

    I disagree, regardleas of interference I think PES feels a lot more real football.
  • daviec
    280 posts Sunday League Hero
    FIFA is a fun game to play, but it doesn't represent real football at all. PES does a much better job of including tactical play
  • Rossi1000
    491 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited July 21
    Pes like fifa has so many holes in its gameplay
    Pes Offers
    70 yard thru balls different passing and shooting aids where is the football in that ?

    Pes10 was the last time Konami had a football players game that was designed for football gamers
    Post edited by Rossi1000 on
  • McKrill
    182 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Fifa 19, 100 % realism 👍
  • V_I_Lenin17
    78 posts Park Captain
    Fifa is anti-football
    They may as well call it pinball
  • GT500
    368 posts Sunday League Hero
    Lol funny joke. COD is more like football than this game at this point
  • Cooler08
    616 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited July 23
    This modded version of PES 2019 looks more like real football. The speed, movement, build-up, weight of the ball, passing.

  • Rossi1000
    491 posts An Exciting Prospect
    GT500 wrote: »
    Lol funny joke. COD is more like football than this game at this point

    🤣🤣 true say
  • Rossi1000
    491 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Cooler08 wrote: »
    This modded version of PES 2019 looks more like real football. The speed, movement, build-up, weight of the ball, passing.


    If it was that good we would all be playing it
    And the fact is we are not all playing it because pes lost its way back in pes11
    with fifa is at its worst still the masses stick with it instead of playing pes 🤷‍♂️
  • frankibo
    75 posts Park Captain
    Rossi1000 wrote: »
    Cooler08 wrote: »
    This modded version of PES 2019 looks more like real football. The speed, movement, build-up, weight of the ball, passing.


    If it was that good we would all be playing it
    And the fact is we are not all playing it because pes lost its way back in pes11
    with fifa is at its worst still the masses stick with it instead of playing pes 🤷‍♂️

    A lot of that is because the average player is obsessed with superficial nonsense and not the quality of the football experience.
    They want more face scans, more realistic beards, more licences etc. After years of playing an awful game I couldn't care less about those things any more so I'm seriously considering PES now. The things fifa relies on should be the cherry on top of the cake - what's the point if the cake is rotten?
  • Rossi1000
    491 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited July 24
    frankibo wrote: »
    Rossi1000 wrote: »
    Cooler08 wrote: »
    This modded version of PES 2019 looks more like real football. The speed, movement, build-up, weight of the ball, passing.


    If it was that good we would all be playing it
    And the fact is we are not all playing it because pes lost its way back in pes11
    with fifa is at its worst still the masses stick with it instead of playing pes 🤷‍♂️

    A lot of that is because the average player is obsessed with superficial nonsense and not the quality of the football experience.
    They want more face scans, more realistic beards, more licences etc. After years of playing an awful game I couldn't care less about those things any more so I'm seriously considering PES now. The things fifa relies on should be the cherry on top of the cake - what's the point if the cake is rotten?

    I played pes over fifa when pes was at its best
    Pes after 9 years still hasn’t restored a decent level of gameplay nobody wants to play against someone using 5 bar pass setting and lacks cosmetic value while we sit in 2019

    Neither fifa or pes offer great football gameplay nor a great football computer game currently that’s the real issue and ea will hold the market not because people want face scans but because there isn’t a strong enough rival on the market to compete

    People don’t want to download huge data packs so there not using man red or roberto larcos but at the same time with most having little faith in pes myself included fifa don’t need to be held to ransom when talking juventus because they hold the market

    The gamer loses here as normal with poor football games being release when the tech is at its strongest

    Games like sensible world of soccer
    Pes6
    Pes10
    Fifa12
    Fifa13

    Are where it’s at and the developers need to look at what made those versions so successful and most of the answer will be they were built for the gamer and not for money


    Post edited by Rossi1000 on
  • p0larh4wk
    79 posts Park Captain
    Rossi1000 wrote: »
    Games like sensible world of soccer
    Pes6
    Pes10
    Fifa12
    Fifa13

    Are where it’s at and the developers need to look at what ads those versions so successful and most of the answer will be they were built for the gamer and not for money

    yes. sensible world of soccer. i dont think ive played any game as much as i played sensible world of soccer. god do i miss that game.
  • McKrill
    182 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Fifa 20 will be more like playing on a slot machine... it's all pre-determined.
  • marktko
    123 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Kick off 2, Sensible Soccer, FIFA 95, ISS 98, PES 2006 and Fifa 12 highlights for me in the 30 years I’ve been playing.

    What’s gone wrong....
  • Rossi1000
    491 posts An Exciting Prospect
    marktko wrote: »
    Kick off 2, Sensible Soccer, FIFA 95, ISS 98, PES 2006 and Fifa 12 highlights for me in the 30 years I’ve been playing.

    What’s gone wrong....

    Kick off what a gem 👍

  • Neil_LUAFC
    36 posts Last Pick at the Park
    It's a random number generator dressed up as a video game. I rarely feel in full control, with a lot of outcomes feeling predetermined. Sweaty goals galore...

    If I was Harry Kane btw, I'd be taking EA to court, his digital equivalent has the pace of a 50 year old !!!!
Sign In or Register to comment.