The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.

Deleted the game - Who and Why are we playing..?

Flatout gamer93
199 posts Sunday League Hero
edited July 2019
First game I have ever uninstalled from my Xbox out of sheer rage. I don’t throw controllers around and punch things...

I played 5 games in which I scored first and went on to lose all 5 to absolute drop-back players. So, I thought give it one last chance, i’ll relegate myself 2 leagues to div 5 and see if I can enjoy the game even when beating people.

Lost 3 more games when leading 1-0 to people who just played drop-back.

The only difference between the divisions was that the div 5 players relied more on the AI to defend for them more as they would just lunge with every player.

I play video games online to play against PEOPLE, I don’t want to play the AI.

Felt like a relief to delete the game, wondering why I was stressing myself out trying to complete an objective on a game that has no longevity..

If you’re in the same situation, give it a go. What is there to lose?

Who are we really playing?

Comments

• tworaf
    407 posts An Exciting Prospect
    so when are you re-downloading the game?
  • Flatout gamer93
    tworaf wrote: »
    so when are you re-downloading the game?

You could follow me by doing the same considering you’ve made a fair few moaning threads.
  • Tristan_Pecan
    537 posts An Exciting Prospect
    This game isnt't for the weak minded and the feint of heart. If this game doesn't make you mentally tougher, it'll break you and it just got another one.
  • Flatout gamer93
    This game isnt't for the weak minded and the feint of heart. If this game doesn't make you mentally tougher, it'll break you and it just got another one.

“Weak minded”

What?
  • Tristan_Pecan

“Weak minded”

What?

This game comes with a lot of bs. If you can't handle and push through that, you won'r make it. But hey I'm sure you'll re-install or be back for FIFA 20 anyway and I guarantee you, there'll be more bs in that too.
  • Flatout gamer93
    edited July 2019

“Weak minded”

What?

This game comes with a lot of bs. If you can't handle and push through that, you won'r make it. But hey I'm sure you'll re-install or be back for FIFA 20 anyway and I guarantee you, there'll be more bs in that too.

So you have to make it through BS to enjoy it? That depicts enjoyment.

Considering I’ve never uninstalled a game besides needing to clear space or it being outdated, I don’t think so..

Just remember, this game is nudging 1.5* on the marketplace for a reason.
  • Pieman25
    17086 posts World Class
    Good decision, if you don't enjoy it then this is exactly the right move.
  • Flatout gamer93
    Pieman25 wrote: »

Indeed sir!

I enjoyed the content, that was it.

Even games I won by large margins were merely enjoyable.
  • Tristan_Pecan
    edited July 2019

“Weak minded”

What?

Considering I’ve never uninstalled a game besides needing to clear space or it being outdated, I don’t think so..

Well yea. Because then you might as well never play any FIFA ever again. You ready to take that step?
  • Pieman25
    17086 posts World Class

Indeed sir!

Well this is it, more should do the same as you tbh as they're only creating unnecessary stress playing a game they're having no fun with. I have played a lot less recently and it's a pretty poor version of the game that needs major changes next year.
  • Flatout gamer93

“Weak minded”

What?

Well yea. Because then you might as well never play any FIFA ever again. You ready to take that step?

If they can’t improve the gameplay, then yes. I’ll have to become a PES convert.
  • Flatout gamer93

Indeed sir!

Well this is it, more should do the same as you tbh as they're only creating unnecessary stress playing a game they're having no fun with. I have played a lot less recently and it's a pretty poor version of the game that needs major changes next year.

I have only played 300 games this year compared to 1,000 last year. I struggle to play consecutive games as I get bored so easily.

Cyberpunk is too far away.. I need it!
  • Knowlesdinho
    11934 posts Has That Special Something
    I play because I enjoy it. I also like marmite though.
  • Anti_Replay
    163 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I still play because i love to try out different players and comp. also, seeing myself improving overtime is satisfied. Idc about other people rage and blame EA for their own stupidity.
  • Diem
    213 posts Has Potential To Be Special

Same here... I wonder if there's something in that 😁
  • Flatout gamer93

I like marmite too!
  • Flatout gamer93
    I still play because i love to try out different players and comp. also, seeing myself improving overtime is satisfied. Idc about other people rage and blame EA for their own stupidity.

The main reason i’ve played this year is due to the content, which has been good. I don’t blame EA for content, but at the end of the day the gameplay is awful..

Me and 5 of my friends were religious Fifa fans, especially on Pro Clubs, i’m the last 1 of the 6 to delete it.
  • SStubbs88
    216 posts Sunday League Hero
    I think I'm done with this years fifa.

2-0 up and some of the goals I conceded to get beat 3-2 were absolutely ridiculous.

The last one my RB tackled his LW, got the ball, but then he kicked the ball with his non tackling foot while still in the tackling animation for it to roll across the centre of the box. My keeper does the hokey cokey, then lays down on the floor when his striker, who was further away from the ball than 6 of my players as the ball was rolling across the box, shoots. It hits my keepers **** and rebounds to my CB who tries to control it but it ends up at the feet of the striker again who now has an open goal.

I just stood there thinking why do I play this game. That result was decided before a ball had been kicked.

I'm hoping that passage of play has cured my addiction.
  • DannySTFC
    2250 posts Fans' Favourite
    DannySTFC wrote: »
    Git gud....

😆😆😆

Used to be a good player back when the game used to make the user play instead of the AI...

Just joking my friend there’s A LOT wrong with the gameplay on this Fifa which could be fixed with a patch but they refuse to do it.

Really hoping Fifa 20 is more balanced and a lot lot harder to exploit, bad players and abuse easy goals on this game.
  • lippyone
    2080 posts Fans' Favourite
    If you not enjoying it then don't play it.
    No need to delete or make a big song and dance about it.
  • Flatout gamer93
    SStubbs88 wrote: »
    I think I'm done with this years fifa.

2-0 up and some of the goals I conceded to get beat 3-2 were absolutely ridiculous.

The last one my RB tackled his LW, got the ball, but then he kicked the ball with his non tackling foot while still in the tackling animation for it to roll across the centre of the box. My keeper does the hokey cokey, then lays down on the floor when his striker, who was further away from the ball than 6 of my players as the ball was rolling across the box, shoots. It hits my keepers **** and rebounds to my CB who tries to control it but it ends up at the feet of the striker again who now has an open goal.

I just stood there thinking why do I play this game. That result was decided before a ball had been kicked.

I'm hoping that passage of play has cured my addiction.

Wow!

I don’t want to push anyone to delete it, just think if you’re not enjoying it then what is the point.

I kept thinking well maybe today it’ll be better, it gets worse..
  • Flatout gamer93
    edited July 2019
    lippyone wrote: »
    If you not enjoying it then don't play it.
    No need to delete or make a big song and dance about it.

Living up to your name, cheers fella.

This is a forum.
  • Renamed12345678
    306 posts Sunday League Hero
    very good idea. 19 is my last. i will be signing off fifa and ea sport games. not worth my money and my time.
  • Anti_Replay
    163 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    If only PES is popular outside Asia i would switch anyday. Too bad u can’t find online match in Western countries and have to stock with fifa
  • Invincibility
    4496 posts National Call-Up
    Wondering.. for those who rage delete club and uninstall the game start playing again in the summer cuz I face NIF Squads now daily in div 1.
  • FijiBoy
    550 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I would say stick with just Gold players the high rated ones. As soon as you upgrade it all goes into a downward spiral instead of getting better results.
  • Alx192
    670 posts An Exciting Prospect
    FijiBoy wrote: »
    I would say stick with just Gold players the high rated ones. As soon as you upgrade it all goes into a downward spiral instead of getting better results.

This ☝️

I have changed to a Premier League NIF 84 rated squad and it's a lot enjoyable. It has the BS from time to time, but I feel it for the guys I play against. Omg, how much BS they have to endure.

It's sad, I have grinded the game, I have the best team I have ever had in my Fifa years and yet, I got back to NIF players. Sorry Ibra, VDS, Inzaghi, Blanc, Moore, I guess you are just to old for this **** :neutral:
  • abhreebhu_45
    980 posts Professional
    Enjoyment was over long back,,, i play for excitement these days,,, those narrow victories/losses boost the adrenaline
  • Jrmcsorley85
    352 posts Sunday League Hero
    Fifa 19 was good awful. List if faults are endless, am an average player. But fifa 20 be here soon... surely it cant be as bad as that trash before.
  • CharlieC
    7219 posts Big Money Move
    Fifa 19 was good awful. List if faults are endless, am an average player. But fifa 20 be here soon... surely it cant be as bad as that trash before.

Now you've gone and done it!!!!!