How many Skill Points should i have to target Elite in WL

Comments

• AjaxLegends
    1725 posts Play-Off Hero
    azj222 wrote: »
    Very interesting. Anyone on the forum that has hit E3, even once, with less than 2300 skill points ?

It sounds a lot more difficult than i thought, must be a really small percentage of players

Yeah I'm on 2000 got E3 last weekend. I was at 2400 a few months back but only play rivals for objectives now .

Play 4321 and aim for atleast 58+% each game no la croqueta or flick up crosses true baller me 😂

Why 58 and why aim so you just keep the ball for keeping the balls sake?

“If we have the ball they can’t score” - Johan Cruyff
  • Orison
    47723 posts FIFA Cover Star
    Around 2550 atm I think. I'm elite 3/2.

Rivals is vastly different than wl, because opponents are considerably better than 90% of WL opponents. However I still think it has some relevance.

I'm sure you can fall **** backwards into elite once even with a lower skillrating. But if you finish elite consistently then you will also have a level of consistency and skill that allows you to be at 2300+ in rivals.
  • 3MenandaBebe
    2293 posts Fans' Favourite
    Very interesting. Anyone on the forum that has hit E3, even once, with less than 2300 skill points ?

It sounds a lot more difficult than i thought, must be a really small percentage of players

Yeah I'm on 2000 got E3 last weekend. I was at 2400 a few months back but only play rivals for objectives now .

Play 4321 and aim for atleast 58+% each game no la croqueta or flick up crosses true baller me 😂

“If we have the ball they can’t score” - Johan Cruyff

I aim to score more goals than the other team
  • Invincibility
    3446 posts National Call-Up
    I hoover around 2100 and always choke for Elite 3..

Hell this weekend ended up with 19 wins.. Will probably gave me some OP RED Picks at gold 2

Think the most Elite 3 and above are at 2300+
  • Delboy13710
    4723 posts National Call-Up

No I always try to play forwards passes mainly in the opposition half . Someone has to have the ball seeing as everyone is so content on playing drop back 😂
  • Boysie91
    8186 posts League Winner
    I have atm 2333 and don't consider myself elite. I always stop at G3 and haven't tried to reach E3.
  • number7rocky
    4196 posts National Call-Up
    edited July 23
    I hover around 2600 (currently 2610) e2/3 in WL occasionally I'll drop a few games say 40-50 points but then I'll climb back up to 2600 next time I play, rinse and repeat 😂

Anyone half decent above 2000 can fluke elite once or twice with some luck / favourable matchmaking but to be someone who finishes there most weeks you need to be at least 2400 plus
  • PelzyWelzy
    9324 posts League Winner
    Mate of mine has been 2300 or so for most the year and still not finished elite, stuck in G1... gives you a rough idea.

I’d agree with the lads above and say 2400 is about right.
  • azj222
    16 posts Ball Boy
    Is it known how many people play weekenf league and what portion is elite ? Mist be small percentage
  • BW1991
    104 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I'm around 2500 skill points and got elite for the first time ever this weekend
  • Thefranchise92
    3552 posts National Call-Up
    BW1991 wrote: »
    I'm around 2500 skill points and got elite for the first time ever this weekend

2050 ( was like 2300 before the change) and relegated myself to get savic done but cant get back up. Just got elite 3 for the 2nd time this year
  • The_WC
    493 posts An Exciting Prospect
    For me It doesn't resemble much I play rivals after work when had a hard day
    And I play weekend league when I'm fresh at weekend completely different player.
  • Ruprecht
    139 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I'm at 2100 (was 2250 couple of months ago) now and finish gold 2 regularly by choice. Never got elite but had 22 wins several times but it took a lot of concentration and utilising time efficiently as I'm a bit older. Still never got it so gave up trying.
    Always came down to the last game for elite and I was always matched with people that were just a different class to me.
  • Oweyman
    822 posts Semi-Pro
    I'm at 2600-2700 and have got elite 3/2 for the last couple of months. Whilst I agree that rivals gives some form of indication of where you'll finish in WL because you are obviously playing better players most of the time. However, I still think people take rivals a little less seriously, its just a case of always playing people around your level rather than worse than you which is usually the case in WL.
  • Orison
    Oweyman wrote: »
    I'm at 2600-2700 and have got elite 3/2 for the last couple of months. Whilst I agree that rivals gives some form of indication of where you'll finish in WL because you are obviously playing better players most of the time. However, I still think people take rivals a little less seriously, its just a case of always playing people around your level rather than worse than you which is usually the case in WL.

Rivals opponents are defo less desperate than wl ones (apart from the odd exception), hardly any shushing or time wasting or so.

But they still abuse all the game mechanics to the max and so it's still a good place to just "git gud". A win or loss also doesn't mean anything (think I need like 50 straight Ls to relegate myself) so you can just focus on your gameplay.

All in all I much prefer rivals over wl haha
  • MHoney1234
    7680 posts League Winner
    edited July 23
    MHoney1234 wrote: »
    2500 E3/2 if I play them all

I thought you had more than that?

I was at 2650, now at 2570 after the Kimpembe objective. I was just quitting after first goal because I couldn’t deal with the grind lol
  • number7rocky
    edited July 23

I was at 2650, now at 2570 after the Kimpembe objective. I was just quitting after first goal because I couldn’t deal with the grind lol

Yea I'm not bothering with that 😂 Having to win kills it and is such a chore at a high skill rating. Hardly need another 92 rated sbc fodder. Just need to do the Spanish goals for the fut swap but that's not bad as eventually I should find someone to trade goals with. Said I wouldn't bother grinding all 14 but got to the point where I'm so close I may aswell 😂
  • MHoney1234
    7680 posts League Winner

Yea I'm not bothering with that 😂 Having to win kills it and is such a chore at a high skill rating. Hardly need another 92 rated sbc fodder. Just need to do the Spanish goals for the fut swap but that's not bad as eventually I should find someone to trade goals with. Said I wouldn't bother grinding all 14 but got to the point where I'm so close I may aswell 😂

It’s ball ache, took me about 15 attempts. I just don’t need that for a card I’ll never use :joy:

I got lucky on the Spanish one, another guy with IF Williams in his line up, traded goals to do it in one game. Result.
  • PirateW
    128 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    If the only online mode you really play is weekend league (rarely rivals) then it's quite possible to get a decent finish with not so many skill points.
    I hardly play during the week (occasionally squad battles so I can pause it and do other stuff if needs be), but have managed about 8 weekend leagues, easy enough to get the 2000 points through that for auto qualification for the next time I can fit a weekend in.
    I have only 1630 skill points, accumulated over many weeks just to get up to 2000 points to get into weekend league initially, but still managed G1 finish.
  • number7rocky
    edited July 24

It’s ball ache, took me about 15 attempts. I just don’t need that for a card I’ll never use :joy:

I got lucky on the Spanish one, another guy with IF Williams in his line up, traded goals to do it in one game. Result.

4 games so far doing the Spanish one, no one to trade goals with but I'm 7/10 anyway, Torres slots straight in for Auba and also put in a red Sarabia at CAM. Tried 433(4) a couple games but don't work for me, went back to the 451 with 2 cams it works well, nice to use a different formation but still be able to compete at the same level without having to play 4231 all the time.

Gameplay was really bad though and conceded the most bs goal I remember in the past few months 😂 Real quality game EA 👍
  • azj222
    16 posts Ball Boy
    Guys, about to return from holidays. Has his become any easier (people playing the beta or so...) ??
  • Batman442
    3767 posts National Call-Up
    Keep trying you'll hit it eventually, don't quit your games. The better opponents you play the better you will get.
  • Nervous_Nick
    5092 posts Big Money Move
    Guys, about to return from holidays. Has his become any easier (people playing the beta or so...) ??

Not easier at all imo. No casuals playing the game anymore, so no easy games in WL.
  • Orison
    Same as always or maybe slightly easier imo. Yes casuals aren't playing anymore, but you don't match against those anyways at a form high enough to target elite.

But most verified players are playing the beta so the chance to match 27+ players is also extremely low.
  • AlbinoXI
    1752 posts Play-Off Hero
    Here’s me at a high of 1550 skill points 🤣
  • DanValletta
    1528 posts Play-Off Hero
    2600 e3. plenty of 24 wins.
  • cdbuck26
    3303 posts National Call-Up
    Maybe it's because I haven't played the game much, but I'm only at 1500 for rivals and I have no problem finishing g2 or if I'm pushing then to g1?