SPFL/Scottish Lounge

Comments

  • fergoosee
    12274 posts Has That Special Something
    fergoosee wrote: »
    Some potentially very tough third round opponents for us if we get through

    think we done ok with that though not sure we are going to be seeded for the play off should we make it that far

    Think we need all 4 of the teams ranked above the danish team to lose if we make it that far and want to be seeded

    not good then. gonna be tough to make the groups this year
  • arsenalap
    5142 posts Big Money Move
    Donovan86 wrote: »
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    Samaras9 wrote: »
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    Samaras9 wrote: »
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    Woah hold up no bids been rejected... where you lot seeing that

    Your the ITK. You’ve slipped behind schedule. It’s been rejected again. When will we see the next bid? Or can use not go for another LB... We would all appreciate if you did so 😂

    The third bid hasn't been rejected :joy:

    Sky sports Kaveh was recycling the news from the weekend before about our second bid.

    Like I keep saying, it'll be done for £25M, the price you want. It might be something like 22m + 3m add ons.

    Well get a shift on. 22m upfront would get accepted instantly. So if the third bids been placed as you suggested there shouldn’t be any hold up.... Yet here we are. Passed the weekend again.

    Firpo from betis will surely be more suited.

    Tierney wouldn't be fit to go on tour or start training with us.

    He won’t pass a medical for starters

    I've seen this twice now. You know how medicals work right?

    If a player has a current injury it doesn't mean he cant do a medical, they look for other problems and assess how that injury is..
  • Samaras9
    243 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    arsenalap wrote: »
    Donovan86 wrote: »
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    Samaras9 wrote: »
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    Samaras9 wrote: »
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    Woah hold up no bids been rejected... where you lot seeing that

    Your the ITK. You’ve slipped behind schedule. It’s been rejected again. When will we see the next bid? Or can use not go for another LB... We would all appreciate if you did so 😂

    The third bid hasn't been rejected :joy:

    Sky sports Kaveh was recycling the news from the weekend before about our second bid.

    Like I keep saying, it'll be done for £25M, the price you want. It might be something like 22m + 3m add ons.

    Well get a shift on. 22m upfront would get accepted instantly. So if the third bids been placed as you suggested there shouldn’t be any hold up.... Yet here we are. Passed the weekend again.

    Firpo from betis will surely be more suited.

    Tierney wouldn't be fit to go on tour or start training with us.

    He won’t pass a medical for starters

    I've seen this twice now. You know how medicals work right?

    If a player has a current injury it doesn't mean he cant do a medical, they look for other problems and assess how that injury is..

    Deals done. Friday. Medical passed last month. No concerns. Any doubts see @TakeItSlow
  • jamle1874
    6691 posts Big Money Move
    giphy.gif
  • AnDrEwThEdOn
    17239 posts World Class
    jamle1874 wrote: »
    giphy.gif

    If Celtic could just leave the Scottish league we wouldn't need to be seeing this pish
  • Donovan86
    2674 posts Fans' Favourite
    jamle1874 wrote: »
    giphy.gif

    If Celtic could just leave the Scottish league we wouldn't need to be seeing this pish

    Only chance you lot would get of winning the league
  • SC1967
    10739 posts Has That Special Something
    Glad we avoided PAOK and Red Star. Cluj/Maccabi will be tough but I would make us favourites to get through. Whereas against the other two it would be 50/50.
  • Samaras9
    243 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    SC1967 wrote: »
    Glad we avoided PAOK and Red Star. Cluj/Maccabi will be tough but I would make us favourites to get through. Whereas against the other two it would be 50/50.

    My confidence isn’t as high as yours. I don’t fancy going to either of them. The qualifiers seem to get harder each season, I’m all for European football just not the Europa league. Dragging your team half way across the globe every fortnight batters domestic performances and I know what I’d rather this season.
  • AnDrEwThEdOn
    17239 posts World Class
    Donovan86 wrote: »
    jamle1874 wrote: »
    giphy.gif

    If Celtic could just leave the Scottish league we wouldn't need to be seeing this pish

    Only chance you lot would get of winning the league

    even better
  • Salty P3anut
    8476 posts League Winner
    Candeias gone for 800k. Not as upset as some fans he worked hard but his end product was poor the majority of the time
  • fergoosee
    12274 posts Has That Special Something
    Candeias gone for 800k. Not as upset as some fans he worked hard but his end product was poor the majority of the time

    like most wingers tbf. always gave 100% and helped out defensively too. not sure we have another winger like that
  • PintOfMagennis
    4452 posts National Call-Up
    Always rated candeias tbh , love a worker
  • Bhoy
    1866 posts Play-Off Hero
    Why such a low price? Would've thought 1.5-2 million would've been a more reasonable price tag.
  • Bhoy
    1866 posts Play-Off Hero
    Samaras9 wrote: »
    SC1967 wrote: »
    Glad we avoided PAOK and Red Star. Cluj/Maccabi will be tough but I would make us favourites to get through. Whereas against the other two it would be 50/50.

    My confidence isn’t as high as yours. I don’t fancy going to either of them. The qualifiers seem to get harder each season, I’m all for European football just not the Europa league. Dragging your team half way across the globe every fortnight batters domestic performances and I know what I’d rather this season.

    Second leg at home is a game changer for us. Celtic defending a first leg lead away to any half competent European side is absolutely fear inducing. Second leg at home however, and I'm always confident.
  • Salty P3anut
    8476 posts League Winner
    Bhoy wrote: »
    Why such a low price? Would've thought 1.5-2 million would've been a more reasonable price tag.

    Age probably . Hope this means we’re getting Kent back but doubt that.

    Hopefully arfield gets to play further forward more like he did at the end of last season so effectively
  • Bhoy
    1866 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited July 22
    Bhoy wrote: »
    Why such a low price? Would've thought 1.5-2 million would've been a more reasonable price tag.

    Age probably . Hope this means we’re getting Kent back but doubt that.

    Hopefully arfield gets to play further forward more like he did at the end of last season so effectively

    Jeezo, didn't realise he was 31. Genuinely thought he was only about 25. That explains it. Probably a good move to offload him then in that case.
  • Salty P3anut
    8476 posts League Winner
    Bhoy wrote: »
    Bhoy wrote: »
    Why such a low price? Would've thought 1.5-2 million would've been a more reasonable price tag.

    Age probably . Hope this means we’re getting Kent back but doubt that.

    Hopefully arfield gets to play further forward more like he did at the end of last season so effectively

    Jeezo, didn't realise he was 31. Genuinely thought he was only about 25. That explains it. Probably a good move to offload him then in that case.

    Aye definitely he also reportedly threw the toys out the pram at the first sign of being dropped for the team and didn’t want to stay to fight for his place given how many wingers we have now albeit most of them are left sided
  • fergoosee
    12274 posts Has That Special Something
    Bhoy wrote: »
    Bhoy wrote: »
    Why such a low price? Would've thought 1.5-2 million would've been a more reasonable price tag.

    Age probably . Hope this means we’re getting Kent back but doubt that.

    Hopefully arfield gets to play further forward more like he did at the end of last season so effectively

    Jeezo, didn't realise he was 31. Genuinely thought he was only about 25. That explains it. Probably a good move to offload him then in that case.

    Aye definitely he also reportedly threw the toys out the pram at the first sign of being dropped for the team and didn’t want to stay to fight for his place given how many wingers we have now albeit most of them are left sided

    think his family live in turkey so to go back there with them to play every week is huge for him if he wont play as much here
  • TakeItSlow
    7334 posts Big Money Move
    So, like I said. Bid would be made this weekend...

    SADLY. Today it has supposedly been rejected. You Celtic lot holding firm jesus. That's from Herald Scotland. We will likely revisit this deeper in the window.
  • xGeorgeSmithx
    5695 posts Big Money Move
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    So, like I said. Bid would be made this weekend...

    SADLY. Today it has supposedly been rejected. You Celtic lot holding firm jesus. That's from Herald Scotland. We will likely revisit this deeper in the window.

    You says it would be done? Full of nonsenses.
  • TakeItSlow
    7334 posts Big Money Move
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    So, like I said. Bid would be made this weekend...

    SADLY. Today it has supposedly been rejected. You Celtic lot holding firm jesus. That's from Herald Scotland. We will likely revisit this deeper in the window.

    You says it would be done? Full of nonsenses.

    Wasn't expecting it to be rejected tbh.
  • cmm_1991
    2111 posts Fans' Favourite
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    So, like I said. Bid would be made this weekend...

    SADLY. Today it has supposedly been rejected. You Celtic lot holding firm jesus. That's from Herald Scotland. We will likely revisit this deeper in the window.

    You says it would be done? Full of nonsenses.

    Wasn't expecting it to be rejected tbh.

    So in other words all your "sources" was you talking nonsense
  • SC1967
    10739 posts Has That Special Something
    edited July 22
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    So, like I said. Bid would be made this weekend...

    SADLY. Today it has supposedly been rejected. You Celtic lot holding firm jesus. That's from Herald Scotland. We will likely revisit this deeper in the window.

    You says it would be done? Full of nonsenses.

    Wasn't expecting it to be rejected tbh.

    Why are you kidding on that you’re in the know?

    Tbh, it won’t be that difficult for the club to hold firm. Arsenal’s bids have been a riddy.
  • TakeItSlow
    7334 posts Big Money Move
    cmm_1991 wrote: »
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    So, like I said. Bid would be made this weekend...

    SADLY. Today it has supposedly been rejected. You Celtic lot holding firm jesus. That's from Herald Scotland. We will likely revisit this deeper in the window.

    You says it would be done? Full of nonsenses.

    Wasn't expecting it to be rejected tbh.

    So in other words all your "sources" was you talking nonsense

    Nope, clearly was a bid.
  • jamle1874
    6691 posts Big Money Move
    Sun saying fee for Candeias was 250k
  • fergoosee
    12274 posts Has That Special Something
    jamle1874 wrote: »
    Sun saying fee for Candeias was 250k

    how would the sun even know that lol. saying that though wouldnt surprise me if it was so low. they would have probably been the only club he wanted to go to and we werent likely to stand in his way if he wanted to leave
  • xGeorgeSmithx
    5695 posts Big Money Move
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    So, like I said. Bid would be made this weekend...

    SADLY. Today it has supposedly been rejected. You Celtic lot holding firm jesus. That's from Herald Scotland. We will likely revisit this deeper in the window.

    You says it would be done? Full of nonsenses.

    Wasn't expecting it to be rejected tbh.

    So you didn’t know the ins and outs of the deal and how close it was to being completed.

    You were only saying the obvious with the bid and getting carried away with your own personal feelings towards the player (which you obviously like and wanted) by saying it would be done (your hope).

    A good old friend of mines taught us all in here to deal only on facts, we miss him dearly. Next time lad, deal in facts especially when it comes to a player of a Scottish club that their fans will know more about than you.
  • Samaras9
    243 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Waking up to news that Arsenal have took their tinpot mentality elsewhere. Superbly pleasing.
Sign In or Register to comment.