Why are through balls so broken

Ki3r4nM95
541 posts An Exciting Prospect
edited July 22
Quite literally one of the most broken mechanics of the game, you could aim it perfectly with the right power and on the preferred foot of the player your using and it will still either go too far or too short and it always goes completely the wrong direction, sometimes backwards or deliberately to the oppositions feet for the perfect counter. Its that bad ill play someone in perfectly for the through ball just for it to go to the closest player that isnt who im aiming at.

Sick of this effecting how the game will play out.

Comments

• maksi
    6594 posts Big Money Move
    Because the game is very assisted and RNG decides if something works or not.
  • Ki3r4nM95
    maksi wrote: »

Its disgusting though, honestly stuff like this shouldn't be legal to use in a game because its technically classed as tampering.
  • cornbeef
    410 posts Sunday League Hero
    I love it when my LW in making the perfect run and all i need to do is a simple through ball but my tots cam has other ideas decides to do a 90 degree turn and pass the ball to my RW who is completely marked
  • Ki3r4nM95
    cornbeef wrote: »
    I love it when my LW in making the perfect run and all i need to do is a simple through ball but my tots cam has other ideas decides to do a 90 degree turn and pass the ball to my RW who is completely marked

Had something like that last night where i had a player in on goal aimed a header towards him just for it to go to the opposition to his right just for him to make one pass and i concede a goal. Even on the highlights it showed i aimed it to my player but the mechanics said no to that one.
  • Pacey3_16
    1791 posts Fans' Favourite
    My through balls get intercepted every time
  • GK93
    383 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Ki3r4nM95 wrote: »

Had something like that last night where i had a player in on goal aimed a header towards him just for it to go to the opposition to his right just for him to make one pass and i concede a goal. Even on the highlights it showed i aimed it to my player but the mechanics said no to that one.

If you manage to let your opponent have one pass from you being clean through on goal to him scoring, then I'd say you've got bigger issues defensively than blaming the passing system
  • Claret_n_blue_blood
    14216 posts Has That Special Something
    The passing on this game in general is absolutely woeful, hardly ever going to your actual team mate
  • CharlieC
    6199 posts Big Money Move
    The only way to combat this is to play manual but that's so hard it's just as frustrating. I would happily play manual if it was against other manual players though, that's something that would really benefit this game.
  • cboz18
    257 posts Sunday League Hero
    The worst part is when they play a perfect through ball and your attacker decides to run directly into the back of the defender and stay glued to him
  • Ki3r4nM95
    GK93 wrote: »

If you manage to let your opponent have one pass from you being clean through on goal to him scoring, then I'd say you've got bigger issues defensively than blaming the passing system

Thats because somehow it was my fb david luiz making the pass leaving me with three at the back which sounds more then just a coincidence and that the pass went wrong deliberately.
  • Ki3r4nM95
    cboz18 wrote: »
    The worst part is when they play a perfect through ball and your attacker decides to run directly into the back of the defender and stay glued to him

Happens all the time or if you play it perfect and your striker runs the opposite was to avoid getting the ball.
  • leon1309
    4190 posts National Call-Up
    GK93 wrote: »

Really? I had my player do a back heel pass to my defensive line (that fleew like a rocket) where his player "intercepted" it, did one through ball to his striker (my defenders parted like the red sea, while the game did not let me switch back in time, i did get switched to the most usless players possible) who did first timed shot to top corner. Mind you I had my winger straight through, had nice space to pass the ball, had right direction and right power, but the game did that on me....almost threw my controller, as i lost the game in WL due to that bs...

Did you ever try playing lower dificulties in SqB...how come the error margin there is almost zero (i get the opposition AI is borderline stupid aswell, but that is exactly how my players start to act sometimes, well reguraly actually), and when you play higher dificulties your player, who has 90+ passing, can not make 5m open pass any more? The amount of things this game decides for us makes this just my AI vs opponents AI in my book. It is just silly sometimes.
  • SinkXI
    783 posts Semi-Pro
    What’s even more frustrating is when the pass is executed well, your player decides to take an extra 4 seconds to control the ball. Or take a bizarre touch off his stride which allows the defender back to cover
  • BeastlyHusla
    2726 posts Fans' Favourite
    Through balls are **** this year. Amount of times where a player is free on outside but game decides to pass in between defenders is too damn high.
  • George_Cook_Over60
    270 posts Sunday League Hero
    This morning, i played (what i thought) a perfect through ball into the box, ahead of Gullit who was running onto the ball, i'm thinking "bang - get in" but no, Gullit decides to step over it and leave it for my winger who was nowhere near. Chance lost. Possibly the only time this week a through ball has gone to the player intended.

Was that because I used through ball, or something else?
  • Ki3r4nM95
    Here's a clip of the mechanics screwing me right over from a game i played last night. Take note where im placing the pass and where it coincidently goes to.

https://streamable.com/2b3fj
  • starfox1284
    1570 posts Play-Off Hero

• Mizzle
    563 posts An Exciting Prospect
    It’s By far the most annoying thing this year (when in possession of the ball)
    The amount of times I have a midfielder breaking through just about inline with the last defender, sprinting forward, I play the through ball and just a I hit pass, the midfielder decides he doesn’t want to go through anymore and makes his way back into midfield.

Also when you press pass and it powers up straight away, you aim it to the left. then, expecting it to pass to the left straight away, you hold the analogue stick a different direction anticipating that it will be selected on the player receiving the pass, only to realise it still hasn’t passed it and you’ve now hit it in the wrong direction
  • FifaProDK
    611 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Through ball tip of the day: use the RB/R1 driven through ball.
  • oneskyworld
    1025 posts Professional
    Mizzle wrote: »
    It’s By far the most annoying thing this year (when in possession of the ball)
    The amount of times I have a midfielder breaking through just about inline with the last defender, sprinting forward, I play the through ball and just a I hit pass, the midfielder decides he doesn’t want to go through anymore and makes his way back into midfield.

Also when you press pass and it powers up straight away, you aim it to the left. then, expecting it to pass to the left straight away, you hold the analogue stick a different direction anticipating that it will be selected on the player receiving the pass, only to realise it still hasn’t passed it and you’ve now hit it in the wrong direction

This annoys the hell out of me. When player initiates a run, and decided all of a sudden no gonna do it in the middle of the run.
    Just plain stupid and incompetent programing.
  • Thefranchise92
    3552 posts National Call-Up
    basically its been said before this is the trouble with playing on assisted. i play on semi assisted and doesnt happen as much. when you play on asisted if the ai is going to intercept your pass, the game fdirects it somewhere else.go figure