I honestly wish I never packed TOTS Mbappe

Brunjes_FC
219 posts Sunday League Hero
Was so close to finishing up for the season, then I packed TOTS Mbappe from a rare gold pack. Sold him for 3.5mil. Finished Prime Eusebio, did Prime Viera and bought 95 TOTW CR7.

I was regularly going 18-12 or 19-11, now, since packing that Mbappe, I’m struggling to hit Gold 3. Currently sitting on 5-6 this weekend. Despite the issues with some parts of the game, I was excited for FUT 20. Now, knowing that packing big players literally means nothing at all, I’m not so sure.

The fun of building a team and potentially packing big players is completely taken away by the knowledge of players meaning literally nothing.

Anyone else experience this?

Comments

• MaddMike3711
    10971 posts Has That Special Something
    edited July 20
    I had the same thing with my 20+ million squad, I think it’s mostly to do with people playing “win at all costs” when they see a loaded team.

I recently have been playing with my fitness squad which is like 3 million, and I have been playing kids it feels like, just been hammering every opponent. :joy:
  • FijiBoy
    251 posts Sunday League Hero
    Yeah true. I packed CR7 from a 7.5k pack at the start of the game and sold him for 3M and built a La Liga team. Had a very good pack luck as also packed 95 Messi and few 200K + players. Had a 93 rated team but it was a 💩 fest. Made another club and used all gold players and was finishing with 6-9 more wins then before. Stopped WL after TOTS release
  • alvchong
    936 posts Professional
    i have 193 team, got Prime Eusebio, red TOTS VVD, Reus, Messi 95, Prime Vieira etc. All the while finish gold 3 and at Div 3,4. This past month after ultimate tots, i can only reach silver 1. Lots of close match but loss is loss. Just not good enough with high rated team.
  • Mmandras
    1773 posts Play-Off Hero
    Sure it means a great deal until december. After that, regular players move on to Call of Duty and only ultimate mechanic abusers remain constant on WL. It's one hell of a mode.

So you should be exited for the first 3 month of Fifa 20.
  • Mikep2212
    413 posts Sunday League Hero
    Bronze bench up atleast will drop your overall rating down. Not that it makes much diff but might stop ppl thinking you have an unreal starting 11 backed up by a worldy bench too
  • Covkilla91mob
    230 posts Sunday League Hero
    It's either your not used to your team or just your peak as them players should be good for elite tbf.
  • madwullie
    4149 posts National Call-Up
    I think the game has got more difficult over the past few weeks. Dunno if the reason is the casuals have dropped out, or everyone has god squads now, or a mixture of both, but I am definitely struggling more now. Still dominating most match which make sit extra annoying
  • Brunjes_FC wrote: »
    Was so close to finishing up for the season, then I packed TOTS Mbappe from a rare gold pack. Sold him for 3.5mil. Finished Prime Eusebio, did Prime Viera and bought 95 TOTW CR7.

I was regularly going 18-12 or 19-11, now, since packing that Mbappe, I’m struggling to hit Gold 3. Currently sitting on 5-6 this weekend. Despite the issues with some parts of the game, I was excited for FUT 20. Now, knowing that packing big players literally means nothing at all, I’m not so sure.

The fun of building a team and potentially packing big players is completely taken away by the knowledge of players meaning literally nothing.

Had an almost identical experience. Packed TOTS Mbappe used him for a couple of games, sold him bought some icons, sold them as well. Ultimately ended up realizing that there is nothing that excites me about this FIFA anymore. Ultimately ended up flipping teams repeatedly trying to find something to breath some life back into this game for me. I ended up spending most of the coins on EA tax, and playing the "walk out game", which is where I open 7.5k packs until I get a walkout, and for every non walkout pack I take a shot of beer lol... the most fun I've had on FIFA in years haha.
  • zeultuturor
    546 posts An Exciting Prospect
    imagine selling the top2 card in the game to get vieira
  • PirateW
    128 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    madwullie wrote: »
    I think the game has got more difficult over the past few weeks. Dunno if the reason is the casuals have dropped out, or everyone has god squads now, or a mixture of both, but I am definitely struggling more now. Still dominating most match which make sit extra annoying
    I'm finding it easier if anything, but that's because I've managed to build a squad now which I can compete with, having never bought fifa points.

Before, there was an obvious gap between those who had bought fp and those who hadn't.
    Those who had bought fp could hide behind the good players they had acquired.
    Those who hadn't bought fp had to try to play the game and be more tactical/skillful.

Now there is an abundance of cheap players, the gap between quality of team is closer, so those who had bought fp before are now being caught out by those who didn't.
  • George_Cook_Over60
    260 posts Sunday League Hero
    Brunjes_FC wrote: »

Had an almost identical experience. Packed TOTS Mbappe used him for a couple of games, sold him bought some icons, sold them as well. Ultimately ended up realizing that there is nothing that excites me about this FIFA anymore. Ultimately ended up flipping teams repeatedly trying to find something to breath some life back into this game for me. I ended up spending most of the coins on EA tax, and playing the "walk out game", which is where I open 7.5k packs until I get a walkout, and for every non walkout pack I take a shot of beer lol... the most fun I've had on FIFA in years haha.

Playing FIFA as a drinking game, genius. I'm up for that. I usually take a slurp when my opponent watches a replay, and at half time of course. Good shout matey. :)
  • Adrew
    228 posts Sunday League Hero

Yes mate, see my story after picking red TOTS Neymar

https://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/488337/after-getting-red-pick-neymar#latest
  • pennywise6783
    2 posts Ball Boy
    edited July 20

Playing FIFA as a drinking game, genius. I'm up for that. I usually take a slurp when my opponent watches a replay, and at half time of course. Good shout matey. :)

It's like a good old fashioned power hour except I actually get through the packs in less than a minute so with the pack weight being as amazing as it is I've usually got a pretty good shine going within an hour lol. That's when I actually play the game, I figure if my brain is on a slight delay then maybe the game will seem like it's running halfway decent. That's the key decreased brain activity lol. And if I decide to participate in the weekend league I play with my feet submerged in ice water, the decrease in brain activity is the only way to not go insane lol.
    Post edited by pennywise6783 on