Opponents who pause before kick off...

PirateW
128 posts Has Potential To Be Special
and then I suffer lag throughout the match.
Is it due to bad connection? (All bars 5 green at start)
Are they cheating?

Most matches are fine but lag seems to happen more frequently with those who pause right at the start, so I report them for cheating thinking they've used a lag switch.

Sorry if you've been caught out this way and genuinely didn't cheat, but then don't be so lame as to pause before kick off.

Regards

*disclaimer - if you don't pause and lag happens anyway then I assume it's the connection, but 9 times out 10 lag happens after prestart pauses.

Comments

  • CervezaNL
    1269 posts Professional
    No, people who pause are stupid and deserve no respect. Great move.
  • TalentFG
    1532 posts Play-Off Hero
    Your reasoning will definitely hold up in court 👍🏻
  • Antparry92
    17530 posts World Class
    I sometimes pause before kick off if I need to answer a message or phone call. Don’t see no harm as most change their team or make a sub when I do anyway
  • PirateW
    128 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Antparry92 wrote: »
    I sometimes pause before kick off if I need to answer a message or phone call. Don’t see no harm as most change their team or make a sub when I do anyway
    Seriously to answer phone, in that second or two between you pressing to continue to skip the pre match build up and kick off?!?
    If it's important to take the call I'd just put it on loud speaker and carry on playing. If it's a message it can wait.
  • George_Cook_Over60
    265 posts Sunday League Hero
    Lots of people do it, i just assume they are going to bring on a supersub because they couldnt get the chem in the starting line up.It doesnt bother me, pour another drink and wait. Then again, i usually buy players i can fit into my team.
  • Antparry92
    17530 posts World Class
    PirateW wrote: »
    Antparry92 wrote: »
    I sometimes pause before kick off if I need to answer a message or phone call. Don’t see no harm as most change their team or make a sub when I do anyway
    Seriously to answer phone, in that second or two between you pressing to continue to skip the pre match build up and kick off?!?
    If it's important to take the call I'd just put it on loud speaker and carry on playing. If it's a message it can wait.
    More important things in life than a bloody game
  • Azof
    16365 posts World Class
    Antparry92 wrote: »
    PirateW wrote: »
    Antparry92 wrote: »
    I sometimes pause before kick off if I need to answer a message or phone call. Don’t see no harm as most change their team or make a sub when I do anyway
    Seriously to answer phone, in that second or two between you pressing to continue to skip the pre match build up and kick off?!?
    If it's important to take the call I'd just put it on loud speaker and carry on playing. If it's a message it can wait.
    More important things in life than a bloody game

    Don't be silly @Antparry92 fifa is the most important thin in the world, if I have to wait an additional 15 seconds I might literally drop dead from rage
  • Cadey 5
    10382 posts Has That Special Something
    You sound like one of those people who send me a message accusing me of cheating when I’ve just spent 90 minutes having tackles turn into shots..
  • futureyears
    1116 posts Professional
    One pause doesn’t bother me.... two or three consecutive pauses in the first few minutes of the game and I'm going to start to get annoyed
  • PirateW
    128 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Antparry92 wrote: »
    PirateW wrote: »
    Antparry92 wrote: »
    I sometimes pause before kick off if I need to answer a message or phone call. Don’t see no harm as most change their team or make a sub when I do anyway
    Seriously to answer phone, in that second or two between you pressing to continue to skip the pre match build up and kick off?!?
    If it's important to take the call I'd just put it on loud speaker and carry on playing. If it's a message it can wait.
    More important things in life than a bloody game
    I absolutely agree, but to be glued to your phone at the detriment of someone else (your opponent) is disrespectful - it's their time you're wasting, I'm sure they'd be thinking "there's more important things in life than me waiting for you to come off your phone after you committed to playing me". If the call's that important to life then you could do a more decent thing and quit out of the game.
    Some people have very little time to chill out and don't want that time wasted - that's important to them.

    Anyways since I posted this initially I have played 5 matches.
    Another 2 of them the opponent paused straight away and the game suffered from lag. The 3 matches which weren't paused played through absolutely fine.
    Almost feels like the game is trying to punish those matches where someone pauses at the start.
  • Diggy
    13618 posts Has That Special Something
    I don’t mind if they pause before kick of it’s the ones that wait to pause the moment you kick off that do my head in
  • CervezaNL
    1269 posts Professional
    Diggy wrote: »
    I don’t mind if they pause before kick of it’s the ones that wait to pause the moment you kick off that do my head in

    I give these people the proper treatment. Let them see every replay, celebration and about 2 minutes menu time pausing and half time.
  • CervezaNL
    1269 posts Professional
    Once this Guy paused 2 times on me. I managed to get to 2-0, then Made the game last about half an hour stretching replays and other moments. Its on them tho >:)
  • Crazy Creaky Jr
    2686 posts Fans' Favourite
    CervezaNL wrote: »
    Once this Guy paused 2 times on me. I managed to get to 2-0, then Made the game last about half an hour stretching replays and other moments. Its on them tho >:)

    Life goals
  • LuckyStrikE
    3313 posts National Call-Up
    CervezaNL wrote: »
    Once this Guy paused 2 times on me. I managed to get to 2-0, then Made the game last about half an hour stretching replays and other moments. Its on them tho >:)

    Wasting more of your own time. I like people who watch replays, actually gives me confidence when they think they have to bother me to win. I then actually think I have a chance and 90% I win after going 1 or 2 down. Its definetly on the time wasters.
  • Campino
    26871 posts Player of the Year
    I pause loads to finish making a cup of tea or possibly get my son out the washing machine

    Life goes on
  • Crazy Creaky Jr
    2686 posts Fans' Favourite
    Campino wrote: »
    I pause loads to finish making a cup of tea or possibly get my son out the washing machine

    Life goes on

    Saves a shower for your son
  • AFWard
    902 posts Semi-Pro
    Campino wrote: »
    I pause loads to finish making a cup of tea or possibly get my son out the washing machine

    Life goes on

    😂😂
  • iBarçaBoy
    1563 posts Play-Off Hero
    In fifa20 they should implement that you cannot pause in the first 15min of a game and have to play with the players of the starting 11.
    Bye bye chem ****.
  • Scutch
    10385 posts Has That Special Something
    Cadey 5 wrote: »
    You sound like one of those people who send me a message accusing me of cheating when I’ve just spent 90 minutes having tackles turn into shots..

    :D
  • BrentfordFC
    11592 posts Has That Special Something
    It’s annoying especially when they just move players into different positions and not make subs. But you’ve got to move on with it. What’s even worse is when someone watches every replay of wide shots, goal kicks etc. And it’s 0-0 !
Sign In or Register to comment.