Dynamic Difficulty in offline mode (Photo inside) + DD in the Terms of service?

Comments

• D Heleteli
    818 posts Semi-Pro
    Shezzzzzzz wrote: »
    EA_Rtas wrote: »
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    Appreciate you want to know more but you don't need to keep bumping this thread. I'm fully aware of the thread and if I have any additional info to share I will.

Gonna quote Andy's response from earlier here. As we've said already if and when we have any new or additional info we'll share it.

Absolute arrogance from you and EA.

Since when is it acceptable not to answer customers and constantly lie to them and fob them off with an attitude of we will answer when we feel like it.

The belief that you don’t have to answer to legitimate serious concerns from customers is absolutely disgusting behaviour.

Mate, surely you know the answer already. They have taken the policy that not saying anything is better than saying anything at all. It's a common corporate move when theres no way out. Remain silent and it will all blow over.
  • Marg09
    190 posts Sunday League Hero
    Appreciate you want to know more but you don't need to keep bumping this thread. I'm fully aware of the thread and if I have any additional info to share I will.

Gonna quote Andy's response from earlier here. As we've said already if and when we have any new or additional info we'll share it.

So we can assume DD is in online as well, right? That's why we need the info..But thanks for saying that we are not going to have any type of response at all.
  • Orison
    48635 posts FIFA Cover Star
    Marg09 wrote: »

So we can assume DD is in online as well, right? That's why we need the info..But thanks for saying that we are not going to have any type of response at all.

No that is not what you can assume.

Because what you understand to be DDA is what they ruled out by saying the mechanisms described in those patents aren't used (atleast in that name and form lol).
  • madwullie
    4377 posts National Call-Up
    Orison wrote: »

Because what you understand to be DDA is what they ruled out by saying the mechanisms described in those patents aren't used (atleast in that name and form lol).

Hope you've got a thick skin mate
  • Shezzzzzzz
    1297 posts Professional

But how do you know that? Everyone is just "assuming" by that pop up that when it says Disable Dynamic Adjustments that it means "do you want us to stop asking this question"

How do you know it isnt a 3rd option?

3 options
    1. yes - changes difficulty setting
    2. no - doesn't change difficulty setting
    3. Disable Dynamic Adjustments - turn off in game mechanics that learn from how you play to make it easier/harder regardless of your current difficulty setting?

• Bags
    801 posts Semi-Pro

You’ve played this game right?
  • Marg09
    190 posts Sunday League Hero
    Bags wrote: »

You’ve played this game right?

Of course.
  • Orison

But how do you know that? Everyone is just "assuming" by that pop up that when it says Disable Dynamic Adjustments that it means "do you want us to stop asking this question"

3 options
    3. Disable Dynamic Adjustments - turn off in game mechanics that learn from how you play to make it easier/harder regardless of your current difficulty setting?

It's an offline mechanic that suggests a change of difficulty once you go up by 5 goals. It doesn't learn anything.
  • Shezzzzzzz
    1297 posts Professional

3 options

It's an offline mechanic that suggests a change of difficulty once you go up by 5 goals. It doesn't learn anything.

How do you know that?
  • Orison

3 options

How do you know that?

Logic.

People really need to stop believing in the weirdest conspiracy theories.
  • Knowlesdinho
    10567 posts Has That Special Something

3 options

How do you know that?

As long as I remember, this message has popped up when you play an offline game mode...essentially when you are playing the AI and destroying them, it suggests that you increase the difficulty so that it's more challenging.

It's never popped up in an online game mode...because it's not there.

As I've said before, they could categorically prove it's not there by having independent regulators look at it...this thread would still exist, because it's far easier to look for an excuse than to accept that sometimes you're just not as good as you think you are.

I'm with @Orison on this because I really struggled at this game, I actually asked him for some suggestions and help to improve...and my game improved exponentially. I'm no pro, but I can hold my own in most games. I win more than I lose, and yes I've won games that on the balance of play, I probably shouldn't, but I've also lost my fair share too.

There will always have to be winners and losers...even if DDA was proven to exist and then the game was made into the fairest game possible...there will still be losers, and there will still be people on this forum blaming hidden mechanics.

It's like talking to the flat earth society in here sometimes.

• madwullie
    And for what my opinion is worth, the reason EA aren't pulling out the stops to give in to your oft repeated demands for AN EXPLANATION!! is that is so.obviously what orison above said it is, that this doesn't even register as an insect on the window of their existence. Not because they're hiding something, not because they're sweating on smokey rooms, but because this is so obviously not evidence of anything dodgy that it doesn't even register for them. They have better things to do with their time than address every theory that's posted in anger on their forums. Whether that is a fair, or reasonable, or even acceptable standpoint for them to take, its just a fact that this is the way they're dealing with it. Ignore the harmless fly and it will fly away.
  • Shezzzzzzz
    1297 posts Professional

3 options

How do you know that?

Logic.

ohhhhhhhh Logic. Sorry, i apologise, i thought you had actual proof
  • Rename123456
    95 posts Has Potential To Be Special

3 options

How do you know that?

As long as I remember, this message has popped up when you play an offline game mode...essentially when you are playing the AI and destroying them, it suggests that you increase the difficulty so that it's more challenging.

As I've said before, they could categorically prove it's not there by having independent regulators look at it...this thread would still exist, because it's far easier to look for an excuse than to accept that sometimes you're just not as good as you think you are.

I'm with @Orison on this because I really struggled at this game, I actually asked him for some suggestions and help to improve...and my game improved exponentially. I'm no pro, but I can hold my own in most games. I win more than I lose, and yes I've won games that on the balance of play, I probably shouldn't, but I've also lost my fair share too.

There will always have to be winners and losers...even if DDA was proven to exist and then the game was made into the fairest game possible...there will still be losers, and there will still be people on this forum blaming hidden mechanics.

Yeah, you're going to win some and lose some..But I mean I would preffer to lose more if my opp is better than me rather than DDA...It's all about skill! What's the point of playing a game if lets say you're 100 times better than your opp but because of DDA the match is even?

Ok, let's believe EA on this one, like the said Kickoff doesn't exist, 360° didn't exist and many more lies.
  • EA_Andy
    3267 posts EA Community Manager
    edited July 16

3 options

Apologies for the delay in getting back on this one.

Obviously there's unfortunate wording in the screenshot but ultimately it does what it's showing - stops that message coming up every time you win by a big margin, nothing else.

It's only asking if you want to increase the difficulty before you go into a match because perhaps you're too good for the difficulty you're currently playing on. There's no continuous changing during matches.

Other than that the previous statements we made still stand.
  • ILevis
    786 posts Semi-Pro
    edited July 16

3 options

How do you know that?

Logic.

If you go around and decide to come up with wild conspiracy theories, the burden of proof is on you.

Likewise, if i go and say: Shezzzzzzz is secretly a lizard that inherited the body of a human baby shortly after it was born, i would be the one who needs to backup my ridiculous claim with proof. You are not forced to prove that you arent secretly a lizard inhabitating a human shell just because i claimed it
  • Knowlesdinho
    ILevis wrote: »

3 options

How do you know that?

Logic.

If you go around and decide to come up with wild conspiracy theories, the burden of proof is on you.

Likewise, if i go and say: Shezzzzzzz is secretly a lizard that inherited the body of a human baby shortly after it was born, i would be the one who needs to backup my ridiculous claim with proof. You are not forced to prove that you arent secretly a lizard inhabitating a human shell just because i claimed it

I mean at least finish that statement with a mic drop gif!
  • VagisilFC
    1419 posts Play-Off Hero
    ILevis wrote: »

3 options

How do you know that?

Logic.

Good luck getting EA to provide proof that the mechanics described in it's patent, aren't being implemented in the FIFA franchise despite the gameplay experience showing otherwise.

They would rather just call their statements "surprise mechanics" :D
  • Dragon007
    471 posts An Exciting Prospect
    DDA is 100% in Squad Battles. It doesn't give the pop up option like the offline but you can clearly feel it.
  • Knowlesdinho
    Dragon007 wrote: »
    DDA is 100% in Squad Battles. It doesn't give the pop up option like the offline but you can clearly feel it.

They tell you that though...they tell you that the gameplay can vary in both Squad battles and offline draft.
  • Crysister
    960 posts Semi-Pro
    edited July 17

They tell you that though...they tell you that the gameplay can vary in both Squad battles and offline draft.

Please tell me why you have to choose a difficult option before the match, if DDA adjust the difficult?
  • Knowlesdinho
    edited July 17
    Crysister wrote: »

Please tell me why you have to choose a difficult option before the match, if DDA adjust the difficult?

This is just my theory...Squad Battles pulls created squads from around the world, some with off chem, some with full chem. Some with high ratings, some with low ratings. If you choose normal difficulty against a low rating, off chem squad...that squad will (in theory) play worse than if you choose normal difficulty against a high rating, full chem squad.

I'm presuming the same happens in offline draft.

So the reason they tell people that online difficulty may vary is because of the rating and chem...and it's to try and prevent people from saying that the difficulty has been altered.

Working well I see!
  • madwullie

A computer game getting harder isn't dda ffs. All games have this mechanic. Racing games have catch up mechanics. Chess games play stupid moves. Dda as described in the patent is something different that the user isn't aware of. In short, if you're aware of it, it's not dda.
  • ILevis
    786 posts Semi-Pro
    Crysister wrote: »

This is just my theory...Squad Battles pulls created squads from around the world, some with off chem, some with full chem. Some with high ratings, some with low ratings. If you choose normal difficulty against a low rating, off chem squad...that squad will (in theory) play worse than if you choose normal difficulty against a high rating, full chem squad.

I'm presuming the same happens in offline draft.

So the reason they tell people that online difficulty may vary is because of the rating and chem...and it's to try and prevent people from saying that the difficulty has been altered.

Working well I see!

Exactly that is how it is!

The part about squad battles difficulty varying is just because of squad chemistry being accounted for.

If you play against an 85-rated team in normal singleplayer modes, the difficulty will always be the same. If you play that an 85-rated team in squad battles, it might be more or less difficult to beat depending on its chemistry. The 100 chem 85-rated team will be much more difficult to beat than the 30 chem 85-rated team
  • Hibee
    12066 posts Has That Special Something
    madwullie wrote: »

A computer game getting harder isn't dda ffs. All games have this mechanic. Racing games have catch up mechanics. Chess games play stupid moves. Dda as described in the patent is something different that the user isn't aware of. In short, if you're aware of it, it's not dda.

All people were after was a statement confirming so from EA. Which they have now received. I'm not sure why that bothered you so much? As customers who spend a lot of money on this game, they were within their rights to ask the question.
  • Antiversum
    5777 posts Big Money Move
    edited July 17

3 options

How do you know that?

To be fair, flat earth is real. You are just indoctrinated by media. So don't compare this forum to flat earth society. One is right the other not.
  • EA_Andy
    3267 posts EA Community Manager
    I'm going to close this thread now that we've answered the original question.

This will just continue to go round in circles otherwise.

My post can be found here - https://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/comment/8783875/#Comment_8783875
This discussion has been closed.