FIFA 20 Star Heads Thread

Comments

• RollsReus
    1441 posts Professional
    Agree with @airpreezy's point, for a team that is as obsessed with branding as Juventus, seems a bit counter-productive to be totally generic in the best selling sports game, regardless of its quality. A load of casual Americans are going to be confused AF when they see Ronaldo playing for Piemonte.

But as, I think, @ManzGOTIT said, if generic Juve gives us the stripes and their old looking badge back, it'll look much nicer than the direction that Juve is selling its soul for irl. :sweat_smile:
  • aliheidari2520
    89 posts Park Captain
    edited July 17
    JakeRoden wrote: »
    This Juve scandal would be great news for most companies, feel ea are too arrogant to learn from mistakes and to kick on and improve, PES are overtaking EA it’s only a matter of time before the revolution takes place, they’re killing it with realism, just need to get the gameplay right and Fifa is done

the gameplay is a little better than fifa already (IMO fifa is only better in shooting and AI awareness, the rest of gameplay aspects? pes is better)
    and also physics, animations, body modeling, player individually, lighting etc are faaaaaar better in pes
    Post edited by aliheidari2520 on
  • ManzGOTIT
    2261 posts Fans' Favourite
    RollsReus wrote: »
    Agree with @airpreezy's point, for a team that is as obsessed with branding as Juventus, seems a bit counter-productive to be totally generic in the best selling sports game, regardless of its quality. A load of casual Americans are going to be confused AF when they see Ronaldo playing for Piemonte.

But as, I think, @ManzGOTIT said, if generic Juve gives us the stripes and their old looking badge back, it'll look much nicer than the direction that Juve is selling its soul for irl. :sweat_smile:

Spot on, and yes it can't be too bad, hope to see some stripes and a Blue away kit
  • henryclay1844
    930 posts Professional
    EA literally came out and said don't worry, they are still in FUT cards, so it's obvious they didn't even care as it only hurts offline players. Resigned to only another year of Football Manager anyway where I can play with any team in the world.
  • Disgruntledas
    512 posts An Exciting Prospect
    It’s interesting even though EA were losing these licences they still highlighted both Juventus and Bayern in their launch trailer bs at e3..
  • Harienun
    141 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited July 17
    (deleted)
    Post edited by Harienun on
  • wetcase
    186 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    It’s interesting even though EA were losing these licences they still highlighted both Juventus and Bayern in their launch trailer bs at e3..
    You must be mistaken
  • comet213
    2340 posts Fans' Favourite

Really? I could find only Man city, Dortmund and Real Madrid in launch trailer.
  • Disgruntledas
    wetcase wrote: »
    You must be mistaken

I could be wrong but I swear they flashed Ronaldo, looking back at that trailer it’s actually just random flashes and actors
  • Disgruntledas
    comet213 wrote: »

Really? I could find only Man city, Dortmund and Real Madrid in launch trailer.

I must be wrong, I looked everywhere and they’ve literally released nothing about Fifa 20, except that seizure inducing trailer, so my mistake
  • Azzabazza
    286 posts Sunday League Hero
    Have decided that if EA don't fix or sort out Career Mode, that me done. I'd be switching over to PES. Guess everyone (or a majority) will be.
  • Quiffed
    106 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Guys the new feature for career mode was announced, did you see it?! Was huge news! Liverpool partnership means the new feature of a Fabinho real face and that’s never been seen before ever! Huge steps forward. Take my money...
  • HarryKein
    514 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Quiffed wrote: »
    Guys the new feature for career mode was announced, did you see it?! Was huge news! Liverpool partnership means the new feature of a Fabinho real face and that’s never been seen before ever! Huge steps forward. Take my money...

This deserve all my 69.99 €
  • Tom0307
    166 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    De Ligt flying in to sign for Piemonte Calcio, least he's got a custom in game
  • ZizioGardo
    1407 posts Professional
    Azzabazza wrote: »
    Have decided that if EA don't fix or sort out Career Mode, that me done. I'd be switching over to PES. Guess everyone (or a majority) will be.

Don't fool yourself. The majority won't switch over to PES.. FIFA will still outsell PES by miles.
  • PabloEscobar
    230 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    1 Fifa outsell 10 years of pes 😅😅😅 not mention EA make from fut 😅😅😅 but Barca Bayern Juve look so good in pes 😍😍😍
  • Not quite starhead related guys, but this could be important to the future of starhead and the game in general. EAs stock absolutely plummeted yesterday, and has been on a downward trend since the Man U and Bayern announcements as well, investors are taking notice. This is EAs best selling game, it's going to cost them, and maybe FINALLY wake them up.
  • jul1anr1k
    117 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I don't give a flying **** which game sells more copies. I also don't give a flying **** who develops the respective games. Fanboyism is just incredibly stupid, I can't even wrap my head around it.

My money will go to the developers who actually improve upon their game from the previous year. Safe to say I won't give EA Sports my money this year and will be buying PES, as I have done for years. I always end up playing PES more when buying both anyways.
  • Tom0307
    166 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    ZizioGardo wrote: »
    Azzabazza wrote: »

Don't fool yourself. The majority won't switch over to PES.. FIFA will still outsell PES by miles.

It will, but gradually i think we'll start to see a shift in the hardcore who come onto this thread for example. If you care about starheads my god PES is good, and they add like 6 packs a year into the game in any league they fancy.

The only thing keeping FIFA afloat are the licenses they're able to buy, PES was far and away a much better game than FIFA in the mid-noughties for example but because it didn't have the licenses and you couldn't install option files on PS2 people went to FIFA and it's kind of stayed the same since then. Give them the same amount of leagues in each and PES would destory FIFA
  • riccardobosio
    48 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Since I'm Italian and I spend a lot of time playing with Italian teams in kick off or career mode, I've always been pissed seeing the lack of attention EA put in Serie A. But what happened this year now is unacceptable for me. I get that the majority of people won't even notice that because they only care about FUT, but I also play offline and this year I can't even do a career because I would play in a league where you want to end the PIEMONTE CALCIO era.. it's just ridiculous. I feel like if they don't put something like creation centre and add a lot of new faces (even good custums), I will just update the transfers and keep playing FIFA 19. Especially because I already know that the career mode improvements won't value my 70€, again.
  • Since I'm Italian and I spend a lot of time playing with Italian teams in kick off or career mode, I've always been pissed seeing the lack of attention EA put in Serie A.

Me too. They bought Serie A license last year but they did **** all with it. They didn't even bother to put the official scoreboard and the official theme before the matches.

• Lorenzomadrileno
    44 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Can’t wait to play with Piemonte Calcio and Christian Ronald, Chileni, Bofun, Mandzic.
    I’ll whipe my bottom with that game.
  • mickjacobjr
    1181 posts Professional
    Can’t wait to play with Piemonte Calcio and Christian Ronald, Chileni, Bofun, Mandzic.
    I’ll whipe my bottom with that game.

The players and players names will be in game so check up on details
  • Shaanxz
    20633 posts Club Captain
    Last time I remember a generic badge and kits in serie a was Napoli in like fifa 13 iirc
  • Alemas_2012
    15672 posts World Class
    Shaanxz wrote: »
    Last time I remember a generic badge and kits in serie a was Napoli in like fifa 13 iirc

Nah, Napoli still had the proper kits.
  • mickjacobjr
    1181 posts Professional
    Shaanxz wrote: »

Nah, Napoli still had the proper kits.

No they didn’t