FIFA 20 Star Heads Thread

Comments

• Alemas_2012
    15669 posts World Class
    Imagine winning the Champions League with a generic Juventus team.
    Holy Jesus what have EA done.
    ...is it possible to download the Champions League as a mod for PES?
    Teams and players, that's a given, but an entire competition?
    If so, I might VERY WELL switch, 'cause this is absolutely ridiculous.
  • FifaAFC
    53 posts Park Captain
    This is embarrassing hahaha, what an disgrace
  • Alemas_2012
    15669 posts World Class
    https://www.juventus.com/en/news/news/2019/juventus-signs-exclusive-partnership-with-konami.php
    "The new and exciting partnership with Konami will see the eFootball PES series have exclusive use of Juventus intellectual property within console football video games, including the team name, the crest, and official kits."
    Players could stay, everything else is gone.
    Thanks, EA.
    Thanks a lot.
  • Steph3998
    1506 posts Play-Off Hero
    This is ridiculous... I really hope EA have something big to announce :s
  • Disgruntledas
    511 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Imagine winning the Champions League with a generic Juventus team.
    Holy Jesus what have EA done.
    ...is it possible to download the Champions League as a mod for PES?
    Teams and players, that's a given, but an entire competition?
    If so, I might VERY WELL switch, 'cause this is absolutely ridiculous.

I think you can, or at least there’s paid mods on the pc where you can
  • Alemas_2012
    15669 posts World Class
    Steph3998 wrote: »

What the hell can make up for it?
    They lost Juventus for God's sake.
    An entire team.
    Career Mode's already ruined as-is!
  • TeamExtreme17
    2508 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited July 16

An entire team.

The sad truth is EA probably wont give a **** aslong as they can still use these players in UT...

I can hear it now: "Don't worry guys Juventus players will still be available in packs"
  • Alemas_2012
    15669 posts World Class

An entire team.

The sad truth is EA probably wont give a **** aslong as they can still use these players in UT...

I can hear it now: "Don't worry guys Juventus players will still be available in packs"

Just realised I won't be able to use my beloved classic Juve kit from 1996 anymore. :cry:
    Always used that as my home kit in FUT.
    Now it's gone.
  • airpreezy
    963 posts Semi-Pro

An entire team.

I mean what’s the argument for Juve, it could only be that PES pays more. This is ridiculous, EA have a lot lot more money to spent.
    For sure the PES club treatment is way better but for a brand like Juve, it’s worse to not feature in one of the worlds most famous games. Idiotic from EA and Juve
  • Alemas_2012
    15669 posts World Class
    airpreezy wrote: »

An entire team.

I mean what’s the argument for Juve, it could only be that PES pays more. This is ridiculous, EA have a lot lot more money to spent.
    For sure the PES club treatment is way better but for a brand like Juve, it’s worse to not feature in one of the worlds most famous games. Idiotic from EA and Juve

Bayern, Manchester, and Juve all had exclusive deals with EA.
    None of them renewed, all of them switched to PES.
    Is it possible that all three of them were idiotic?
    Is it possible that EA simply did not offer the renewal instead, since EA are most definitely idiotic?
  • airpreezy
    963 posts Semi-Pro

An entire team.

Is it possible that EA simply did not offer the renewal instead, since EA are most definitely idiotic?
    I just speak about marketing and global brand positioning :)
    In that case it is idiotic.
    I can understand that they’ve switched to PES but not, that Juve did not feature in Fifa or Allianz arena is not in Fifa

• Alemas_2012
    15669 posts World Class

An entire team.

I just speak about marketing and global brand positioning :)
    In that case it is idiotic.
    I can understand that they’ve switched to PES but not, that Juve did not feature in Fifa or Allianz arena is not in Fifa

Probably PES wanted fully exclusive deals with all three, however, EA have extensive PL and Bundesliga licences, so they still have Old Trafford and Bayern's shirt and badges.
    BUT, EA do not have an extensive Serie A licence, so they most likely have to deal with each team.
    Probably PES could offer Juve way more money than EA in exchange for fully exclusive rights, and it was an offer Juve management couldn't refuse...
    Also, let's not forget that EA removed a Juve-clad Ronaldo mid-season from the cover. That probably didn't please the club one bit.
  • Tom0307
    166 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    [/quote]

Probably PES wanted fully exclusive deals with all three, however, EA have extensive PL and Bundesliga licences, so they still have Old Trafford and Bayern's shirt and badges.
    BUT, EA do not have an extensive Serie A licence, so they most likely have to deal with each team.
    Probably PES could offer Juve way more money than EA in exchange for fully exclusive rights, and it was an offer Juve management couldn't refuse...
    Also, let's not forget that EA removed a Juve-clad Ronaldo mid-season from the cover. That probably didn't please the club one bit.[/quote]

That's a very good point, especially given it's just an allegation and nothing's been proved or charged or anything, that's a big chunk of Juventus advertising gone over nothing (at the moment)
  • Skorpio_King
    5149 posts Big Money Move
    With Juve being exclusive to pes does this mean the juve icons in fifa 19 will also not be on fifa 20 -> Nedved
  • Alemas_2012
    15669 posts World Class
    With Juve being exclusive to pes does this mean the juve icons in fifa 19 will also not be on fifa 20 -> Nedved

That's a sure-fire way of losing the vast majority of Juve supporters.
  • Big old yikes for EA. Been a disasterous start for this year, they really have to wake up as their laziness is starting to cost them big time.

If FIFA and PES could work out the kind of deal that NBA Live and 2K have that would be better for everyone, no exclusives, just make the best game you can with no restrictions. That would be the best solution, I would think, I hope it happens, but I don't know if it will. This way everyone gets face scans in both games, everyone gets stadium files, nothing gets held back, EA would still dominate the market but the consumer loses absolutely nothing in this sense, whereas now you don't get certain scans, stadiums etc in both games.
  • Tom0307
    166 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Big old yikes for EA. Been a disasterous start for this year, they really have to wake up as their laziness is starting to cost them big time.

If FIFA and PES could work out the kind of deal that NBA Live and 2K have that would be better for everyone, no exclusives, just make the best game you can with no restrictions. That would be the best solution, I would think, I hope it happens, but I don't know if it will. This way everyone gets face scans in both games, everyone gets stadium files, nothing gets held back, EA would still dominate the market but the consumer loses absolutely nothing in this sense, whereas now you don't get certain scans, stadiums etc in both games.

It would be too hard because each league has their own licence deals etc, NBA works because it's just one league.

They also wouldn't because NBA Live is horrible compared to NBA 2K in so many ways, and people do play Live but THE basketball game is 2K so they wouldn't want to risk that with FIFA. There used to be two NFL games but on releasing NFL 2K5 which went down as one of the best american football games of all time, EA went and bought the exclusive rights for the NFL so 2K couldn't carry on making their better product
  • Tom0307 wrote: »
    Big old yikes for EA. Been a disasterous start for this year, they really have to wake up as their laziness is starting to cost them big time.

It would be too hard because each league has their own licence deals etc, NBA works because it's just one league.

They also wouldn't because NBA Live is horrible compared to NBA 2K in so many ways, and people do play Live but THE basketball game is 2K so they wouldn't want to risk that with FIFA. There used to be two NFL games but on releasing NFL 2K5 which went down as one of the best american football games of all time, EA went and bought the exclusive rights for the NFL so 2K couldn't carry on making their better product

I agree with you on that I think they are afraid of that, but they shouldn't be, they have a far more well established market for FIFA as opposed to NBA Live. 2K dominates that arena yes but 2K also essentially only does 2K and that's it, Konami isn't only PES focused. My thoughts are basically just wishful thinking though, as I highly doubt it will actually happen in any case, which is sad, but I guess exclusives won't be going away any time soon. My hope is that Munich wins the UCL Final hosting bid so EA just floods us with cash 😂 because they definitely won't want a UCL Final in FIFA in a generic stadium (At least I hope not).
  • Ress_EZ_in_the_dark
    101 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited July 16
    Could possibly EA will announce that they have the Serie A license?
    Also, let's not forget that EA removed a Juve-clad Ronaldo mid-season from the cover. That probably didn't please the club one bit.
    I believe Corey did twit especially regarding Man United. It's a big blow regarding Juve for EA. They HAVE to get that Serie A license!
  • Alemas_2012
    15669 posts World Class
    I believe Corey did twit especially regarding Man United. It's a big blow regarding Juve for EA. They HAVE to get that Serie A license!

The way PES and Juventus are wording it, it seems very unlikely that EA will get a Serie A licence that covers all teams.
    Unfortunately the Italian Lega + FIGC are absolute dinosaurs when it comes to video games... there must be a reason EA often did not have the league fully licenced. :D
  • Alemas_2012
    15669 posts World Class
    Oh BTW, to make matters even worse, the Juve deal is referred to as "long-term".
    So minimum three years.
    Minimum three years without Juventus in FIFA.
    Just to make it clear.
  • HarryKein
    514 posts An Exciting Prospect

The way PES and Juventus are wording it, it seems very unlikely that EA will get a Serie A licence that covers all teams.
    Unfortunately the Italian Lega + FIGC are absolute dinosaurs when it comes to video games... there must be a reason EA often did not have the league fully licenced. :D

The officially SERIE B channels has said that they Will be in a videogame, that's probably PES, and if they Will be on PES, SERIE A too
  • TeamExtreme17
    edited July 16
    Piemonte Calcio :D :D :D :D :D
  • Skorpio_King
    5149 posts Big Money Move
    😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
  • Alemas_2012
    15669 posts World Class
    Oh dear God, just now saw that PES has the 2002-03 kit, AND Nedved.
    They have classic kits as well now.
    If they have the blue 1996 kit then I'm sold. :D
  • FifaAFC
    53 posts Park Captain
    Hahahaha way to go EA
  • Disgruntledas
    511 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Let EA burn, **** them. They don’t care about us, I want this Fifa to commercially flop, surely all the Ronaldo fanboys will hate this in UT as much as we are
  • TeamExtreme17
    Oh dear God, just now saw that PES has the 2002-03 kit, AND Nedved.
    They have classic kits as well now.
    If they have the blue 1996 kit then I'm sold. :D

Classic kits won't appear in-game, its said that in every PES reveal trailer.