there are 2 types of CL winners

1- the real champions who also win their domestic league
    2- the fake champions

Funny guy you are 😂😂
  • TakeItSlow
    7358 posts Big Money Move
    Apollo wrote: »

That's not good. Hope they're alright

Maybe picked something up on the plane. Generally going all that way takes it out of you completely as well.
  • Teh Zombz
    3824 posts National Call-Up
    edited July 12
    Teh Zombz wrote: »
    @TakeItSlow Rom doesn’t suit our system.

lol i see this posted a lot, what is our system? i still have no idea what type of manager OGS is going to be in the PL

lol.. but it doesn't matter really when the manager doesn't see him as suited for his system. lol. I mean he basically came straight in and started Rashford over Rom and ran with it. Really wasn't until injuries hit that Rom came back into the mix.

i wasn't arguing that lukaku shouldn't be sold, idc if he stays or not.
    i was generally wondering what he thought our system is under ole
  • Apollo
    15083 posts World Class

lol i see this posted a lot, what is our system? i still have no idea what type of manager OGS is going to be in the PL

lol.. but it doesn't matter really when the manager doesn't see him as suited for his system. lol. I mean he basically came straight in and started Rashford over Rom and ran with it. Really wasn't until injuries hit that Rom came back into the mix.

If you want the best idea of how he wants the team to play, look at the initial run of games before all the injuries started. 433, pressing high up the pitch actively trying to win the ball back, not sitting back like under Mourinho. Full backs with way more license to get forward. A lot more intricate passing in the final third as well which doesn't suit Lukaku.
  • Tornado31619
    17066 posts World Class
  • Apollo
    15083 posts World Class

Ole re-emphasising AWB's mentality after coming on tour after such a short break :)
  • Apollo
    15083 posts World Class
  • Apollo
    15083 posts World Class
    Ahmer50x wrote: »

I'd be surprised if the two clubs can't come to an agreement when they meet again if the valuations are only €13.5m apart.
  • Ahmer50x
    18303 posts World Class

I'd be surprised if the two clubs can't come to an agreement when they meet again if the valuations are only €13.5m apart.

Next meeting probably in a week before United play Inter in Singapore I’d imagine and it should get done.
  • Cyodine
    1499 posts Play-Off Hero
    Lukaku will tear up the Serie A when Inter buy him.
  • Kellnerr
    2605 posts Fans' Favourite
    So suddenly only 2 midfield signings :tongue:
  • Apollo
    15083 posts World Class
    Kellnerr wrote: »
    So suddenly only 2 midfield signings :tongue:

That doesn't include Pogba's situation I suspect. Been reported for weeks we want an extra one if he goes
  • WelshWizard
    731 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited July 12

If you want the best idea of how he wants the team to play, look at the initial run of games before all the injuries started. 433, pressing high up the pitch actively trying to win the ball back, not sitting back like under Mourinho. Full backs with way more license to get forward. A lot more intricate passing in the final third as well which doesn't suit Lukaku.

Exactly this. The system was on show in the run of games and only got changed when injuries and fitness issues happened. It's a system that takes parts from most modern pressing systems with triggers and traps. The impact on Lukaku is the one ST spot is the one that starts the initial press and it is clear Ole prefers Rashford for the role. Lukaku is 2nd fiddle and doesn't want to be.

ST presses LW CM RW block passing lanes in a line and direct where the ball should go and try and get a risky pass centrally where CM and CDM wait as it more like a 4231. If teams bypass this it flips and the aim is to force wide. The FBs engage early while the middle gets cut off. The ability to tight mark and move through the transitions quick is what will impact most of the players and why there are question marks on Matic.

Attack wise CDM drop as a half back with CBs free to travel with ball. The aim is to break lines vs deep teams or hit ball in to space vs high lines. Final third was all about channels and working the half spaces with combination play which is not the best way to use Lukaku. You give him service in the box and isolate him on the inside right which is why we got something out of him when we played him as a split but it normally involved Lingard as a false 9 to help cover the pressing duties. Ole could use him but he would be 2nd choice and just an option so it's likely best for both parties if he goes to tear up Serie A.
  • WelshWizard

Any team would be scared of that :p
  • WelshWizard
    edited July 12

For anyone interested in the potential system I recall this being a good video on the early part of Ole in charge and even highlights the weakness the team had such as aerial battles from dead balls, Just seeing numbers in attack and a high press is enough to make any United fan happy.
  • Keano
    13434 posts Has That Special Something
    If you want to know how much more attacking Ole is than Mourinho and LVG, consider that 50% of Luke Shaw's career assists have come under Solskjaer :lol:

Not sure if that sounds bad on LVG, Jose or Shaw 😂 but its good he is starting to get them.
  • WelshWizard
    edited July 12
    Keano wrote: »
    If you want to know how much more attacking Ole is than Mourinho and LVG, consider that 50% of Luke Shaw's career assists have come under Solskjaer :lol:

Not sure if that sounds bad on LVG, Jose or Shaw 😂 but its good he is starting to get them.

Jose had to do Shaw thinking so think it's on him :D LVG was slow and standing still wanting it to feet of the attackers. Can't remember the game under Ole but think Shaw runs down left with the ball before a combination with Lingard and Rashford that gets flick back to him as he is right by the byline. The difference in width and how high he was stark.
  • Keano

Jose had to do Shaw thinking so think it's on him :D LVG was slow and standing still wanting to feet of the attackers. Can't remember the game under Ole but think Shaw runs down left with the ball before a combination with Lingard and Rashford that gets flick back to him as he is right by the byline. The difference in width and how high he was stark.

I’d give LVG a pass as Shaw looked amazing under him before his i jury but never mentally recovered, Mourinho was his brain for a bit but didnt know what attack meant so god knows 😂
  • WelshWizard

Weighting up :D It's been weeks just get negotiating. They sold their best player and couldn't keep the only manager willing to play a defensive back five at Newcastle nevermind get away with it. There is no future plan for them it should be easy.
  • Keano
    So we are just throwing money at any targets we are linked with atm? Seems either a slow day or its right that we are bidding for someone but theyre not sure who.
  • Apollo
    15083 posts World Class
    edited July 12
    So we are just throwing money at any targets we are linked with atm? Seems either a slow day or its right that we are bidding for someone but theyre not sure who.

There were a mass of reports last night all saying the same (likely from a club briefing) that we are working on Maguire and Lukaku's move as first priorities before we move onto anything else. We might have enquiries out for our other targets but they're the two deals being worked on at the moment.
  • Wyojasond
    11630 posts Has That Special Something
    I’d bet your holding out on Bruno a bit too in hopes that Sporting will drop their valuation. Don’t they want 70m while most reports have stated that interested teams won’t go above 40-50 🤷‍♂️

Really like Bruno, but have to agree. Your getting waxed if you pay anything over 50.
  • Apollo
    15083 posts World Class
    I’d bet your holding out on Bruno a bit too in hopes that Sporting will drop their valuation. Don’t they want 70m while most reports have stated that interested teams won’t go above 40-50 🤷‍♂️

Really like Bruno, but have to agree. Your getting waxed if you pay anything over 50.

Could be. That could be another factor that meant we've decided to get Maguire done first.
  • forearms
    4829 posts National Call-Up

Were getting waxed on the Maguire, Longstaff, valuations as well.